Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to mount a snowblower on the front of my 1025R and I am installing the front hitch/pto part. There is a bracket that I have to install up front that has two shaft bearings in it and a driveshaft goes from the mid-PTO up thru this bracket at the front. Anyways it came with a sensor of some kind that mounts on this bracket and it must sense shaft movement or RPM or something. Well, the instructions show how to mount the sensor to the bracket and where to clip it etc. , but it never says where to plug it in on the tractor. I assume the tractor has a plug somewhere on it that this plugs into?? Can anyone explain what this sensor does and where it is supposed to plug in at on the tractor?

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
It's to bypass the RIO so your tractor doesn't shut off when you step on the reverse pedal with the mid PTO engaged. I'm not sure where it plugs in though...:unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The instructions said to run the wire along the positive battery cable so I followed that cable and it ends at the solenoid/starter, but directly above the solenoid is a short pigtail sticking out that has the correct male end on it and just has a fake plug on it, so that just about has to be it. Is is true that the mower deck will shut off when you touch the reverse pedal unless you hold up on the pto switch? I hope not-that would be a pain. I assume with this pigtail , my blower won't shut off in reverse, correct?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I have heard the newer 1025 won't mow in reverse. My 1026 will.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
I have heard the newer 1025 won't mow in reverse. My 1026 will.
There's more than one way to skin that cat. This thread shows several methods to correct the RIO problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thread link on the RIO disable. I would hate the deck shutting off every time I go into reverse. Question, It got me thinking. Right now I am installing all of the front brackets etc. for the front snow blower and the one bracket has that sensor on it and then you have to fish a wiring harness up to a plug by the starter. Someone said that sensor overrides the RIO so the blower doesn't shut off when in reverse. Since the blower runs off of the same pto as the mower deck, if I did the wire jump method at the pto switch, would I even need that sensor at the front for the blower?, It just looks like something that could get water in it from the snow and fail or get damaged or get out of adjustment. It would be a lot better if I could just do the wire jump deal at the switch and it would solve the RIO problem for the blower and the mower. Am I correct in my thinking??? Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
if I did the wire jump method at the pto switch, would I even need that sensor at the front for the blower?, It just looks like something that could get water in it from the snow and fail or get damaged or get out of adjustment. It would be a lot better if I could just do the wire jump deal at the switch and it would solve the RIO problem for the blower and the mower. Am I correct in my thinking??? Thanks
I jumpered out the RIO on my 1025r, and I don't have the blower RIO bypass plugged in.

The PTO does not disengage in reverse with the blower engaged.

However, I did notice that I cannot engage the PTO while backing up (I don't see this as a major problem).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I jumpered out the RIO on my 1025r, and I don't have the blower RIO bypass plugged in.

The PTO does not disengage in reverse with the blower engaged.

However, I did notice that I cannot engage the PTO while backing up (I don't see this as a major problem).
When you did the wire jump on your 1025R, was the wire colors you jumped the same as the 1026R guys were jumping, red and orange? Also I assume you can still start your blower in forward or neutral, and just not reverse? I don't think I'd ever have a reason to start the mower or blower in reverse. Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
When you did the wire jump on your 1025R, was the wire colors you jumped the same as the 1026R guys were jumping, red and orange? Also I assume you can still start your blower in forward or neutral, and just not reverse? I don't think I'd ever have a reason to start the mower or blower in reverse. Thanks!
Yes, the wire colors are the same.

I noticed that if I lifted the PTO switch while backing up, it would not engage and "shift to neut" message appears.

Take my foot off the reverse pedal, and PTO engages the snowblower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts