Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a Rocker Switch to my 2025R to control power to a rear, towable sprayer. I'm just not sure where I can safely cut in a rocker switch (or maybe two for another accessory). I had hoped Deere would have added some knockouts but no such luck. Has anyone had any success in mounting rocker switches in a location where there is access and clearance for the switch body?

Thanks,
-Steve

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Is this a Gen2 2025R? I added a switch for my strobes in the provided knockout in the lower dash below the headlight/flasher switch.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is this a Gen2 2025R? I added a switch for my strobes in the provided knockout in the lower dash below the headlight/flasher switch.
If you have the independent lift option, that's where its switch goes. FYI.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
If you have the independent lift option, that's where its switch goes. FYI.
I figured as much, I don't have that, but from what I saw there is room to put a duel switch in there with a little cutting.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a Gen2 2025R and I do have the deck raise/lower toggle in that location. I can look around there and see if there is room. Thanks.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
It is a Gen2 2025R and I do have the deck raise/lower toggle in that location. I can look around there and see if there is room. Thanks.
Okay, I thought you probably had independent lift when you asked the question. You'll find there is plenty of room there for two switches, I plan on adding another this summer to control my ROPS mounted work lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made a panel for mine but can’t get an image to upload. Made it so it would hold a couple of switches. Is there a trick to getting images to upload?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 684180

Thanks Stenmc001, got it to attach finally.
That looks really nice. I didn't realize there would be room behind the fiberglass in that location. Also appreciate the direct message and I'll give that some thought.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
168 Posts
not sure about the gen 2, but on the gen 1 there are connections behind the seat that are already wired to the light switch. I put s 2 pole connector on them that matches the one on my sprayer. I just turn the headlight switch on and off to operate the sprayer.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure about the gen 2, but on the gen 1 there are connections behind the seat that are already wired to the light switch. I put s 2 pole connector on them that matches the one on my sprayer. I just turn the headlight switch on and off to operate the sprayer.
That's a good idea. I will check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts