Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a new serial number decal for my 62c mower deck. I am having it sandblasted and repainted and assume the caution stickers will be easy to come by but im wondering if i can get a new serial number sticker made.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407341533.945656.jpg

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I think I would tape that one off and try to save it. I don't know where you could get a new one.

·
Administrator
20,364 Posts
I thought I read you could get a new one from your JD dealer at the parts counter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. I called and asked yesterday and i can get all the rest of the safety stickers but not the serial number one.
I did tape it off but i am going to have the deck powdercoated when i get it back and i dont think it will make it thru the oven intact.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
A custom decal shop or sign shop that cuts vynil sign material may do it for you. Just keep researching it, you will find someone. Try one of the other JD non official sites that deal with more of the lawn tractors. Those guys have a lot of resources. I don't want to mention another site here because I don't know if that's against the rules. Good Luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ thats what im going to try. I did tape it off before it went out to be sandblasted and i also took a pic of it so i do have something to go by.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Decals: It can be a sticky proposition (no pun intended). I have heard conflicting data - first, you can not have an id plate duplicated or Deere Legal will be upset. I have also heard, they don't care. I read on WFM where some have taken their serial number and model info data to their local dealer and they were able to get one made. I have also heard of 3rd parties who are in the decal and sign making business duplicate the decals. You may want to contact HAPCO as they have make decals for the older equipment.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have seen pics of replacement ID stickers that was supposedly made by JD. It was identical except on the bottom of it it had printed "DUPLICATE". I don't remember which site I saw it on but it was another lawn mower forum. I also don't know how to go about getting one done. I'm sure you would have to have good proof of ownership to submit to JD before they would do it, if they would. Probably best bet is to have a signmaker make one for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a place to make me new serial number decals. I stumbled on them while dropping the deck off for powdercoating this week. I asked if they could put heat tape over the old one cause i was unable to get a new one made. He said "dont worry about it. I will have our graphics dept make you a new one, we've done them before no problem."
And they are gonna just make all the rest of the stickers too.
I will post up pics when i get them in hand.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
That looks great!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill pass! If that was an option the dealer would have given me a few weeks ago i might have thought about it. But this is waaaayyyyy cheaper and easier.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408150861.084940.jpg

·
Registered
980 Posts
You know people are going to want the name of that shop for their projects. Where are you located? Nice job!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts