Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Unpredictable Disposition
13,610 Posts
I've been reading this thread, never realized that this is a common problem in some areas.
I'm with you, Pat. I'm sure it is in some areas.

There are many Commercial Companies in our area. We are a heavy industrial state. These companies are in competition and the prices can be negotiated.

I've swapped large tires in the past, but not anymore.
If a person is not physically up to mounting/dismounting large tires and doesn't have to appropriate tools, I'd stay away form it. It can be very unsafe. I'd leave it to the professionals.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
925 Posts
These are tires for a 1025? The tires are literally garden tractor sized tires and should be able to be handled by any tire shop. Be specific about what size of tires you’re talking about when you say “tractor tires” to the tire store guy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
A Bead Buster is an expensive purchase at about $250, but once you try it you will be glad to own one. I was able to personally justify buying one when I counted up all the pneumatic tires and wheels I have on the place (56 currently).

The Slime Air/Water Adapter kit (pn 20073) is much less expensive, if you have fluid filled tires.

Right now, being retired, I have more time to do things like changing tires, but I also tend to overestimate my capabilities, and underestimate how long things will take me. If I were still working I could not afford the time it takes to change tires, and it would definitely be sourced out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Considering purchase of Versa Turf tires to be less aggressive on my lawn. Called dealer and parts department not familiar with them. Called me back after a half hour with a price $90 per tire more than on line delivered. Also found out they do not install tires even if they sell them. Local shop that does my truck tires says they can’t do them and suggested a Co-Op 35 miles away.

Where do others get tires mounted for their series 1 tractor?

Also can they save the liquid fill and reuse it in new tires?
Local tire store that works on my Suburban tires changed my rear 2025R tires on the same equipment. I think it was $20 for 2 tires.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Where are you located? Suggest you find a small tire shop. I have two (2) within five (5) miles of my PA farm. They handle tires for cars, trucks, tractors, trailers, ATVs, etc.
thats my experience ....... in a rural community mom/pop tire shops survive on doing what big name places like walmart etc will not do ......i have 2 within 4 miles of my farm also.....yep they do fluid etc

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A Bead Buster is an expensive purchase at about $250, but once you try it you will be glad to own one. I was able to personally justify buying one when I counted up all the pneumatic tires and wheels I have on the place (56 currently)
I dont do my own tires but i did a rough count and i was over (70) not counting mounted up spares LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Stopped by Coop and they charge $25 each to swap tires including reuse of rim guard. I can take the tractor in and price includes taking wheels off and putting back on. With rim guard rear wheels will be close to 200# each sobglad to let them do it. I’ll get some tires on order and have installed next week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Coop mounted the 4 tires including transferring beet juice for $72 including tax.

Best delivered price I could find on tires was from Walmart.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts