Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Deere single point grapple connector (it is a single lever quick connector that connects the 3rd function hydraulic lines from the loader to the grapple. Can't figure out where to mount it....it seems from a few obscure photos and the parts diagrams I can find it may mount underneath the cross beam. If anyone of y'all have this type of connector and could share where/how it is mounted I would appreciate it.

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenny, I appreciate you taking the trouble to attach the posts. I already have the triple function single point connector installed on my tractor -5085E - but am now putting a matching single point connector for the grapple function on a H260 loader. The connector is the same as the one on the side of the tractor except smaller and it only has two ports vs. six. After several hours of searching on the internet before and after I posted this request I finally did find a good photo that seems to solve the mystery and indicates I am missing a part in the box the connector came in, or I need to purchase another part to mount this thing. So mystery solved. See photos below in case someone else has this issue.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
AHH the devil is in the details....

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I wonder if Artillian could make that a cost effective option for his grapples. I take my grapple on/off all the time and that sure would make it a lot easier to do. Granted it is only 2 ports but sometimes those "quick" disconnects are not so quick, even if you dump the pressure out of the lines. Anyways a neat set up and worth the expense in my opinion. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Deere Ol Man

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
I wonder if Artillian could make that a cost effective option for his grapples. I take my grapple on/off all the time and that sure would make it a lot easier to do. Granted it is only 2 ports but sometimes those "quick" disconnects are not so quick, even if you dump the pressure out of the lines. Anyways a neat set up and worth the expense in my opinion. :bigthumb:
The couplings (male and female pair) along is about $300 our cost. So please define you "cost effective" and "worth the expense" parameters.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The last single point thread I read on this forum had the a cost close to $1k but that was for the loader valve. As much as I would like it for my tractor giving $1k for something that is not a 100% requirement to use (for me) is not really cost effective.

Something around the price you mentioned would definitely be worth the expense to me because when I use my tractor out on my lot, I probably remove/install the grapple at least once every time I am out there. While it's only two quick connects, they can be a PIA to get connected even after I bleed off pressure. It would make life easier to have a set up like that. I can see why the OP want a single point setup.

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 7 of 7 Posts