Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the 0% loan with my 2025R purchase last February. That payment will come due in about a month. So far no payment book or any info on where to send it. Anybody have any info on this?

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
You took out a loan a year ago and haven't made any payments on it thusfar?

Who did you finance this through? If it was Deere, they don't do payment books. They send you a bill in the mail every month.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and PJR832

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'm old school and remember when they used to send out payment books. You would tear one out of the book every month and mail it in with your check. I set my payments up so they are due once a year. I traded in a Kubota BX and that was enough for the down payment. So far I haven't paid anything else for it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I guess I'm old school and remember when they used to send out payment books. You would tear one out of the book every month and mail it in with your check.
That's wild...kind of the opposite of payment via app on your phone or computer, or direct bank withdrawl. I don't think anyone does that anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
You say you are old school, so I am guessing that online accounts are out.
Just in case in case online accounts are an option, you can go to John Deere's website and setup an online account. I get my statements & make payments online.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You say you are old school, so I am guessing that online accounts are out.
Just in case in case online accounts are an option, you can go to John Deere's website and setup an online account. I get my statements & make payments online.
No, Id do that. Or at least my wife would.
:)

Reactions: ChrisR

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
I guess I'm old school and remember when they used to send out payment books. You would tear one out of the book every month and mail it in with your check. I set my payments up so they are due once a year. I traded in a Kubota BX and that was enough for the down payment. So far I haven't paid anything else for it.
Heh, I remember payment books. Haven't seen one in the last 40 years but I remember them.

I didn't know Deere would allow you to do once a year payments. But if your payment is due in February, you should get a notice in the mail about 2 weeks before it's due. Any day now I guess...

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
No, Id do that. Or at least my wife would.
:)
Exactly. My wife too is the home bookeeper, although she does draw the line at managing tax documents.

It's interesting how day-to-day financial transactions have changed. I find it annoying when I have to get out a credit card because a merchant doesn't take Apple Pay and I can't pay with my watch. I do remember the old days when I used to write checks. I haven't written a check in years. I'm not even sure where my check book is. My wife probably knows, but I can't imagine what I'd need it for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here...

Reactions: flyweight

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Heh, I remember payment books. Haven't seen one in the last 40 years but I remember them.

I didn't know Deere would allow you to do once a year payments. But if your payment is due in February, you should get a notice in the mail about 2 weeks before it's due. Any day now I guess...
Forty years? There are companies that still use payment books, I have one insurance company that sends me one every year, even though I pay them online. I am old-school too in a lot of things. I pay everything I can online through my bank or Credit Union's Bill Pay services. Free service and they will pay it electronically if the payee can receive it that way, otherwise they will mail them a check. I will use a credit card if necessary but will not pay with my phone. And I won't give any business access to my bank account or credit card so they can suck the money out, I prefer to control it being sent myself. Yes, old-school I guess, but then I am old. ?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Don't you guys know that's how Big Brother is going to take over and force the one world order?

Reactions: spferdil and kylew

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
First, he's going to take our guns.....
And I'm stuck in Virginia. . . Anybody want a goober for a governor? He has a history of infanticide, dressing up in black face and/or a KKK costume and is generally an idiot. Any other state that wants him can have him for free and I'd pay for a bus ticket for him.

Treefarmer

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,171 Posts
Payment Books are not Old School. They're still in use today. We had a payment book for wife's car. The Credit Union she used didn't take on-line payment. In this day and age, can you believe that? I got tired of driving to the location to pay the note, so I paid it off last February. (y)

I pay my JD Z-Tracks monthly note on-line.

·
Administrator
18,756 Posts
And I'm stuck in Virginia. . . Anybody want a goober for a governor? He has a history of infanticide, dressing up in black face and/or a KKK costume and is generally an idiot. Any other state that wants him can have him for free and I'd pay for a bus ticket for him.

Treefarmer
And you know what's coming from me right?...

We have a forum for politics, please use it to complain...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Exactly. My wife too is the home bookeeper, although she does draw the line at managing tax documents.

It's interesting how day-to-day financial transactions have changed. I find it annoying when I have to get out a credit card because a merchant doesn't take Apple Pay and I can't pay with my watch. I do remember the old days when I used to write checks. I haven't written a check in years. I'm not even sure where my check book is. My wife probably knows, but I can't imagine what I'd need it for.
Just don’t let them put that chip in your forehead to where you have to bow your head to the machine to pay for things.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just don’t let them put that chip in your forehead to where you have to bow your head to the machine to pay for things.
They're putting chips in people's heads?

Seriously though...given the number of electronic locks at work, not to mention electronic payment options at various stores (including the Starbucks at work), if I could get an RFID or other NFC implant in my forearm to activate them, I would.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Payment Books are not Old School. They're still in use today. We had a payment book for wife's car. The Credit Union she used didn't take on-line payment. In this day and age, can you believe that? I got tired of driving to the location to pay the note, so I paid it off last February. (y)

I pay my JD Z-Tracks monthly note on-line. View attachment 724634
LOL. The 1990's called, they want their banking system back.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
First, he's going to take our guns.....
And I'm stuck in Virginia. . . Anybody want a goober for a governor? He has a history of infanticide, dressing up in black face and/or a KKK costume and is generally an idiot. Any other state that wants him can h
And you know what's coming from me right?...

We have a forum for politics, please use it to complain...
Guilty as charged. I'll just have to throw myself on the mercy of the court. . .

Treefarmer

Reactions: mark02tj
1 - 20 of 25 Posts