Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What size tractor will you be pulling it with? I have a countyline 6.5' hd disc and it comes in at approx. 900 lbs. It is well built and has enough weight to get down in the dirt. It does not do well behind the NH 1920 but it does not have a loader and is light in the front end.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Bushhog, Frontier, Landpride, Monroe Tufline, and Woods are some of the names that come to my mind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size tractor will you be pulling it with? I have a countyline 6.5' hd disc and it comes in at approx. 900 lbs. It is well built and has enough weight to get down in the dirt. It does not do well behind the NH 1920 but it does not have a loader and is light in the front end.

I have a 2038r on its way to use with it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have a 2038r on its way to use with it.
I looked at the specs for the 2038 and it shows the tractor weighs 2400 lbs. I am not sure if you would want to put a hd disc behind it. Not so much for the horsepower but the weight of the tractor. The NH I mentioned in my first post is in that weight range and will strain if the disc angle is set aggressive. It will also bounce you around pretty bad because of the weight of the disc. I would think that the HD disc would put more wear and tear on your tractor than what you would want. You may be better going with a disc in the medium range around 5'. Someone that owns a 2038 may come along shortly that will be able to give you more input.

Just my .02 hope it helps a little

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I just had another thought, have you considered rotary tillers? I ask because I have one of those as well and it works better than the disc if you are planting small plots.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
What about a 6'.5 disc has you interested in that specific size? Is it a bigger size = quicker work thought?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about a 6'.5 disc has you interested in that specific size? Is it a bigger size = quicker work thought?
Yes...bigger = faster.....I thought about a tiller also.....I called King Kutter, and the guy told me I would have no issue pulling there 6.5' box frame disk...its about 800lbs.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes...bigger = faster.....I thought about a tiller also.....I called King Kutter, and the guy told me I would have no issue pulling there 6.5' box frame disk...its about 800lbs.
That is the one I have also. I can tell you that it is a beast of a disc. It does help you get the work done faster, the tiller is slower but it does leave you with a nice seed bed. I don't think you would go wrong with a disc or tiller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts