Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought a 2032r with a loader. using a loader will be a new experience for me. I have seen videos on tooth bars that aid in a bucket's useability but I'm in doubt of which one to buy. I would like the benefit of experience. My use will largely be working on some firewood, prepping small areas for food plots. occasional scooping with a bit of digging. Please tell me about your experiences. thanks :cool:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have heavy hitch with no complaints.

Any toothbar is better than having none. (y)

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Heavy hitch has served me well. Easy on easy off, no holes in the bucket, and does a great job.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
Same here 👆
Some people just want a little more of an aggressive cutting edge like a EA or Bxpanded and others like more digging power with a tooth shank style like the HH. How hard is your ground?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a bolt on tooth bar from Express Steel, made here in Indiana. It works great for digging, tearing out roots and scooping manure. Less expensive than other options too.
Same here 👆
Some people just want a little more of an aggressive cutting edge like a EA or Bxpanded and others like more digging power with a tooth shank style like the HH. How hard is your ground?
the ground I will be playing on is for the most part sandy. there is a considerable amount of roots. largely pine and oak.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am watching this one closely because I want to put a tooth bar of some type on my 4 in 1 bucket. I generally use it for the more aggressive work and want to keep the square edge on the regular materials bucket.

I am leaning toward the BXpanded Piranha bar but also like the looks of the EA Wicked bar. I figure if it's the BX one then I should order it now to have it here by spring or order the EA bar the same time as the aerator I am wanting to cut down on shipping.

Those roots you are talking about sound tough, especially the oak, so you might be better off with the tooth shank style since getting through your sandy soil won't be the difficult part. I would think the long teeth would do a much better job grabbing and pulling roots. There aren't too many roots left in my back lots so I could get by with the edge type bar.

Thanks for asking out loud, the info shared and that to come is helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Reactions: Upset264

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've only used the piranha and don't have any complaints. I used it to dig a trench for a pipe on a 20 year old clay and gravel driveway and it handled it with ease.
The EA one was not available when I bought mine and if it were, I probably would have gone that route. That thing looks very nice.
I also bought the flat edge one from bxpanded just to keep my bucket in good shape if we ever get snow but it still hasn't seen any use. :confused:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I have the Heavy Hitch. If anything it’s a bit over built for my 1026r. It works fine, but I think it would be more at home on a larger heavier machine. The teeth work great for carrying logs and lumber if you don’t have forks. But my little tractor isn’t heavy enough to make full use of the big teeth when digging. I have found the best way to dig is to go over the area with my tiller first, so the tooth bar isn’t really needed after a pass or 2 with the tiller.

Reactions: Upset264

·
Registered
443 Posts
I went with the Heavy Hitch tooth bar for my 1025R in order to dig. For example, I just turned a 200’ section of a swampy ATV path that nature had turned both tracks into a creek into a defined drainage swale. Rather than driving in the tracks and getting stuck in wet clay with a box blade I dug it from the side with the bucket. The long HH teeth were needed to get more than an inch into the heavy clay. Worth every penny.
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Plant Natural landscape

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
130 Posts
Sand in my yard until I get over 4 feet deep, at which point I'm in backhoe mode vs. the toothbar. Got the BXpanded piranha which made a HUGE difference. Just the bucket edge wouldn't dig into virgin ground at all, it left green paint as it skimmed the surface. The tooth bar was an easy install and I'm very happy with it. Also helped driving into the gravel pile, that large flat edge didn't penetrate nearly as well as the serrations. Also worked well popping out scrub brush and trees: angle down, drive in below/at roots, curl as I continue forward, end up with bush/tree in the bucket. It also backdrags pretty cleanly. I've never used a shank-type toothbar, wonder whether it would leave "tracks".

Reactions: Mackford13 and Kbar

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
My soil is a mixture of stone and stumps. I opted for the HH tooth bar and can't say enough about it's ability to tear through soil, bust out rocks/boulders, etc.

Plant Wood Trunk Grass Groundcover
Plant Grass Grass family Rectangle Outdoor furniture
Plant Tree Green Wood Grass
Plant Tree Wood Groundcover Trunk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m debating this decision right now as well. I was going to get a piranha bar, but I decided I’d like to have the long teeth to make small restorations to my gravel driveway - I don’t have a land plane and the driveway is not that big. That brought me to the heavy hitch, which I’ll probably end up getting.

But I stumbled across this. Has anyone tried this one out? It’s only 49” wide which is not ideal for my 53” bucket, or I would have already bought it. It’s cheap at $194 shipped

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.