Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I secured a deal for a Model 47 blower and quick hitch for my new to me x748. Having blown snow without a cab, and then having blown snow with a cab, I will never resort to blowing snow without a cab again. Thus the conundrum now is which cab to try and mate to the x748. I have 3 to choose from:

First, we have the cab currently on my Craftsman, a Craftsman branded OTC cab not too dissimilar from the one that Deere sells for many hundreds of dollars, complete with the glass windshield.

Second, we have an old, rusty soft-doored Deere cab currently on my 317.

Last, we have a less than pristine cozy cab, currently frozen to the ground under this tarp, but it came off of one of my 140's.

Which do you suggest I try to fit on the x?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I personally would look at as to what would make the best completed job. How much are you going to have to modify, tractor and cab? I think I would start there. Looks like a fun project.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some quick measurements this afternoon I am pretty certain that the OTC will fit on the x748. The brake pedal and fuel cap are the most in the way, but I think I can work around them. Unfortunately, I don't want to drill the 6 1/4" holes I would need for attachment points in the x748 deck. I'm thinking C-clamps for the 4 front cab frame uprights and some kind of strong bar magnets, a set fixed under the rear of the fender pan and a set bolted to the back frame of the cab.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the otc on my 2720 it looks the same as the one on your craftsman the roof frame and plastic I'm guessing would be the same the mounting brackets and possibly the doors are going to be different it wouldn't hurt to email otc and see if just the mounting brackets are available if that was the cab you decide to use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the otc on my 2720 it looks the same as the one on your craftsman the roof frame and plastic I'm guessing would be the same the mounting brackets and possibly the doors are going to be different it wouldn't hurt to email otc and see if just the mounting brackets are available if that was the cab you decide to use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Contacting OTC is a good idea, thanks. Any chance you can get a picture of one of your mounting brackets? The lip on the edge of the x fender pan is very thick. I'm interested in how it attaches.

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Just today I secured a deal for a Model 47 blower and quick hitch for my new to me x748. Having blown snow without a cab, and then having blown snow with a cab, I will never resort to blowing snow without a cab again. Thus the conundrum now is which cab to try and mate to the x748. I have 3 to choose from:

First, we have the cab currently on my Craftsman, a Craftsman branded OTC cab not too dissimilar from the one that Deere sells for many hundreds of dollars, complete with the glass windshield.

Second, we have an old, rusty soft-doored Deere cab currently on my 317.

Last, we have a less than pristine cozy cab, currently frozen to the ground under this tarp, but it came off of one of my 140's.

Which do you suggest I try to fit on the x?
If the OTC isn't to much of an issue especially with a new JD I would go for it.. I see it has been mentioned to get in touch with the company,, I think that's a great idea, they may have what you need to get the job done without to much chicanery involved.. Heat is nice too if it would work with the otc. I bought the entire package, tractor, hard side Curtis cab, well you can read my signature, I love it.. Still have my soft side on my Husky and I froze my butt off in that thing,, I love the Curtis with heat.. But $$$$$$ Figured I was only going to do this once with the time I have left on this earth so just do it.. With the zero down and no interest,, I was hooked.. Good luck with your project, sounds like it will be a nice one.. Then you can have that ice cold beer to celebrate.. Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts