Votes: 85 58.6%
  • I opted for no deck

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I only have about an acre of grass, with some tight areas to negotiate...so I opted for 54" deck. 60" certainly is nice especially if one is using wheel weights which increases the width footprint. I don't think 54" would get close enough for edge trimming with wheel weights.

Good poll psrumors! Interested in pending results :munch:

Reactions: psrumors

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Our place has about 1 acre to mow and there are some tight spots. The dealer let me demo my 1026R with the 60" and it almost fit every where I needed it. Fot a little extra clearance I took the shoot off when I put my mulch kit on and the 60" fit with no issues after that. What a great deck! The extra width helps get close to things when the tractor would otherwise be too close for comfort.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
One other thing to consider is how flat you lawn field is. The more bumps and humps the more likely you will get an uneven cut with a larger deck. Smaller decks tend to follow the contours better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got the 60" as with 3.5 acres of almost all grass I was trying to cut down my mowing time. Only have a few spots that it would have been nicer to have the smaller deck.

Like the cut and no issues so far.

Will-

·
Registered
732 Posts
1.5 acres here and went with the 54". Prefect size for me, as if I went with a 60" I would not be able to fit between the house and fence, or the well and tree.

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
I went for the 60" , man it will cut some grass, great machine. I have always had a 54" and thought I would try the 60". Have not regretted getting the 60" ,heard all kind of horror stories of uneven cuts, scalping and everything else. Today did the first mowing of season , mowed close to 3 hrs I seen maybe 3 places of a small area of scalping , maybe 3"x 6" at the very most. This is in our back yd ,if lucky maybe 2 people besides me will see this the whole summer.
I can't say how the 54 " would do on the 1026r , but with the 60 , today and most of last summer only ran engine at 25-2900 , maybe one time last summer I ran the tractor at 3200. I can see no difference in cut .

·
Registered
43 Posts
60D for Me

I went with the 60D to get the true 7 Iron Deck. The price difference is very small for the much heavier duty deck. I had a 7-Iron on a Z850 and would never have a regular deck again

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I have the 54" but its never been used...:unknown:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the 54" but its never been used...:unknown:
same here Chex.. Just got mine home yesterday with the H120 loader and the 54" deck.. Still a few weeks away from the 1st cut.. Hope it's as good as everyone says it is..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
60" deck on my 1025R

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have the 60". Haven't used it yet. My 2 acres of "grass" is awfully bumpy and uneven so I have been using my Cub Cadet (46") to mow. Someday I will fix the lawn and make it nice and smooth. Someday. The 60D is so much better built than the Cub Cadet, and yet I feel like mowing my lawn with it would be abuse.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Mechanical lift 54D to take some of the load off the 48C on the GX335. This 1/2 acre spread really puts a load on a mower!:laugh:

·
Registered
373 Posts
60d

We've gotten input on the belly mowers, now how about the 3ph mowers? 48", 60" or maybe even 72". Does anybody have an opinion or experience with them?

I love mowing, but I suddenly have a lot more of it to do. My daughter and her husband are relocating back to our hometown, into a family homestead where my wife's grandmother was born. The property is HUGE country estate and it's been let to run down a bit. There's a lot of work and heavy mowing to be done. I'm either going to need a flail mower or bush hog.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts