Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching forks for the 1025R. What did you choose and why? What length? Floating? Locked?

What kind of work do you do with them? Regrets? Wish you had made another choice? Etcetera?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just took delivery of Artillian's 36" JDQA forks, can use them for infinite amount of things. Highly recommended vendor here.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,489 Posts
JohnFromOKC,
A lot of information on Forks on GTT. Do a search with parameters -
Search Single Content Type
Keyword - Forks
Search Titles Only.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I went with Artillian 42" and will be buying a set of the 24".

Went with Artillian due to their light weight when compared to other fork sets. I don't regret the purchase a single bit.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
If your tractor can accept a set of Artillian forks (yours can, the 5 series and up can't) then I highly recommend you buy them. They're lighter than any of the competitors, so you have more lift capacity. They're also well designed and engineered, frankly I think they're more well thought out than some industrial forklifts are.

As for fixed vs floating in general, floating forks are terrible. I deal with a lot of industrial equipment and forklifts. There's only one very specific application that I would recommend floating forks for, and that's a particular machine in a commercial situation. For everything else go fixed. The floating forks don't lock into position like the fixed do, they may have three positions you can set them in if you're lucky. They don't tilt as well, and the one that I get fired up about: the bar the floating forks hang on will bend with enough time and usage. When it does, some poor soul has to try and drive it out with a sledge hammer or cut it out in pieces. Not worth the trouble.

Artillian has a good comparison of fixed vs floating on his website that's a little kinder to them than I am. :laugh: Check it out, regardless of where you buy your forks.

Www.Artillian.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've already settled on the Artillians for my 1025 but am hedging between 42" and 36". I know it depends on what I intend on using them for but therein lies the problem...I envision doing it all! I'm leaning toward the 42s as general purpose forks and then later adding 24s for landscape work, but interested in what others have chosen and why.

·
Administrator
17,990 Posts
I had a self-made set of semi-floating forks for many years, I just got rid of them and got the Artillian's because of the lightweight design, and the many attachment that has and will have to fit in the future.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnFromOKC,
A lot of information on Forks on GTT. Do a search with parameters -
Search Single Content Type
Keyword - Forks
Search Titles Only.
Thanks Gizmo - those search terms worked a lot better than mine. Then it dawned on me to check out the vendor forums - Derp! :slap-yourself-emoti

I'm going with Artillian - looks like the best value from my research and multitude of dumb questions - just need to decide what length. :think:

I understand fork extensions are in the works.

I'm very interested in what you guys do with your forks of various lengths. I'll keep on searching the forum and reading. If you guys have done something cool with them recently post it here. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
709 Posts
JohnFromOKC,
I have 2 questions for you:
1) Where are you putting all this equipment away into so quickly?
2) can you teach me how to talk my wife into letting me fill out my implement list as quickly as you?
:think: :tongue:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JohnFromOKC,
I have 2 questions for you:
1) Where are you putting all this equipment away into so quickly?
2) can you teach me how to talk my wife into letting me fill out my implement list as quickly as you?
:think: :tongue:
1) Not sure what you mean? You mean like the half of the garage where the MMM and backhoe are? Or the shed where the rest of it is?

2) Takes experience. You must strike while the iron is hot. Plus it's not my first rodeo. Had a 50HP 5205 MFWD with a 522 loader and several attachments. When we moved cross country in 2007, she was amazed at how fast it all sold and for what it sold for. So that and the promise of new hardwood floors and a nicely landscaped yard sealed the deal. :good2:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would go with Artillian's forks. Just depends what you want to do with them. If you can't make up your mind just get a set of both.

Doug

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,489 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
^ where is your ballast at? :)

Jim

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,489 Posts
I want to see the picture of you on the ladder and the ladder on the platform......you know you've done it....fess up
:lol::lol: That's funny stuff right there, and correct.
I just looked and I don't have one but Tucker was looking on as if to say, "Dad what the H**L are you doing?" I am Tucker's Hero though.

DSC_0234a.JPG

1 - 20 of 36 Posts