Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1025R, 120R, 60D, 260 BH, HLA Forks, iMatch, AF10F plow - X540
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a AF10F 60" loader attached plow blade with manual angle, that came with the tractor. I found out today that it has no attachment points for the hydraulic angle, so it will always be manual. Then I found a Worksaver SBJD-2172 72" loader attached plow blade today on Craigslist for $1750.00 with hydraulics. Both plow blades are one year old. The work saver is about 340lbs, and the AF10F is much lighter, maybe 180lbs. So what would you do? Keep the manual AF10F plow and get off the tractor all the time, or buy the Worksaver and sell the AF10F? I'd like to push some loam with the blade too, but it's main use is snow. Is the Worksaver too big for a 1025R? I don't have the 3rd function yet, but plan on getting it very soon. Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
This has come up before. Apparently JD changed the design of the AF10F at some point because they now offer a hydraulic angle kit for it. The odd thing is they make no mention of serial numbers in the parts illustrations to indicate older serial numbers may not have the mount points.

It seems like it would be a fairly simple job to have someone weld on some cylinder attachment points for the angle kit to attach.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has come up before. Apparently JD changed the design of the AF10F at some point because they now offer a hydraulic angle kit for it. The odd thing is they make no mention of serial numbers in the parts illustrations to indicate older serial numbers may not have the mount points.

It seems like it would be a fairly simple job to have someone weld on some cylinder attachment points for the angle kit to attach.

View attachment 762386
I agree it can be done. JD showed me the same drawing today. They want 874.00 for the hydraulic kit, then labor to weld and install. I can buy the Worksaver plow already done for the same money I would have into the AF10F. The real question is, is the Worksaver plow too much for a 1025R? Thanks for replying so soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
I don't think a 72" plow would be to big. Something in the 60"-72" is very realistic for the 1-series tractors and the 2025R. I dunno that I'd want to go much larger than that but... 72"? No problem.

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
I agree it can be done. JD showed me the same drawing today. They want 874.00 for the hydraulic kit, then labor to weld and install. I can buy the Worksaver plow already done for the same money I would have into the AF10F. The real question is, is the Worksaver plow too much for a 1025R? Thanks for replying so soon.
That is an insane price for the angling kit. The price on JD Parts shows as $787.60. But... this is one of those rare instances where the KIT costs more than the PARTS. JD wants $161.30 for each of the cylinders and $33 for each of the two hoses. The want $11 and $12 for the cylinder mounting pins. Add another $26 for a pair of quick couplers. So... that comes to around $460 to purchase the PARTS individually to add the angling kit. It only mounts with two pins so no need to pay anyone to install. Surely there is a local weld shop that could weld on four mounting points for a $100 or so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be right in the kit price. I was in shock and maybe got my numbers skewed. But it’s too much. Which plow would you rather have?

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
You might be right in the kit price. I was in shock and maybe got my numbers skewed. But it’s too much. Which plow would you rather have?
Well there is certainly nothing magical about the AF10F. The Worksaver looks to be built a bit better which is probably why it weighs a bit more. If the funding isn't an issue go with the Worksaver and sell the AF10F.

Reactions: Bill56 and Pigpen

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Chris,
I own the AF10F with hydraulics. It was delivered last week. I like the build and I like the way it works with the JD 3rd SCV, but, you have one of the older JD units and it would make sense to buy the Worksaver SBJD-2172 72" plow. 72" is about all you'll need for the 1025, and if I had spotted that worksaver last month it wouldn't be around for you to buy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty funny stuff! Are you in Maine too? Just in case you are, I just called and told him I’d take it for 1750.00. Done deal. The dealer where he bought from (sticker on the plow) told me it was 2800.00 out the door 11/2019. I’m thinking 750.00 for a price to sell the AF10F. Your setup is awesome looking. Wish I could have done that to this one. Thanks for your reply! Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I'm not in Maine but just south of the NH border in MA. I can be in Kittery in 45 minutes. Sell the AF10F for $1000. Congrats on a great machine.

PS- I told you you would be adding the 3rd SCV ;)

Reactions: Chris in Maine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not in Maine but just south of the NH border in MA. I can be in Kittery in 45 minutes. Sell the AF10F for $1000. Congrats on a great machine.

PS- I told you you would be adding the 3rd SCV ;)
And I see you have the AV20F grapple. How do you like that grapple? I saw one at the dealers on a pallet and it looked nice. I like the wider, single grapple instead of two grapples. I have a lot of catching up to do, to keep up with you!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I own a AF10F 60" loader attached plow blade with manual angle, that came with the tractor. I found out today that it has no attachment points for the hydraulic angle, so it will always be manual. Then I found a Worksaver SBJD-2172 72" loader attached plow blade today on Craigslist for $1750.00 with hydraulics. Both plow blades are one year old. The work saver is about 340lbs, and the AF10F is much lighter, maybe 180lbs. So what would you do? Keep the manual AF10F plow and get off the tractor all the time, or buy the Worksaver and sell the AF10F? I'd like to push some loam with the blade too, but it's main use is snow. Is the Worksaver too big for a 1025R? I don't have the 3rd function yet, but plan on getting it very soon. Thanks for your help everyone! View attachment 762384 View attachment 762385
IMHO, the worksaver looks like a little too much of a good thing for the 1025R. JD now has the plow and frame holes for the hydraulic upgrade. I would fab the brackets myself, get the 3rd function valve or diverter, and either get JD's hydraulic kit or build my own using tractor supply shop hyd cylinders. Can't be hard. The added weight for just that would be about max for the 1025R. Maybe it's just me, but the un-braced top JD quick-tatch hooks look like something is gonna bend if it's worked hard. I would find a way to brace those up a tad.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Personally I do not like "moving dirt" pushing against the hydraulic cylinders. Over time the seals will start to leak. And "spiking" the hydraulic pressure/system. Any dirt moving I would do with a blade, the blade would have a solid mechanical locking pin. I would rather wear and replace a pin then a cylinder or more. Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
The heavier blade will work on your 1025r. However, its going to impact the amount of rear ballast you will need.

No way I would climb up and down to change plow angles. Every time you leave the operators station to change the manual angle is a slip and fall waiting to happen and in the winter, climbing on and off the tractor, its a great way to really get hurt.

I kept track last year while plowing the drives I do and I change the blade postition and angle an average of 9 times per driveway. When you aren't angling, you are compromising the plow results.

By time you modify the AF10 and add the cylinders and lines and brackets, you are going to add another 100 pounds to it in weight, at a minimum. Keep that in mind.

What did the seller of the work force have the plow on and why are they selling it? That's an important question to ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The heavier blade will work on your 1025r. However, its going to impact the amount of rear ballast you will need.

No way I would climb up and down to change plow angles. Every time you leave the operators station to change the manual angle is a slip and fall waiting to happen and in the winter, climbing on and off the tractor, its a great way to really get hurt.

I kept track last year while plowing the drives I do and I change the blade postition and angle an average of 9 times per driveway. When you aren't angling, you are compromising the plow results.

By time you modify the AF10 and add the cylinders and lines and brackets, you are going to add another 100 pounds to it in weight, at a minimum. Keep that in mind.

What did the seller of the work force have the plow on and why are they selling it? That's an important question to ask.
The story is a woman had it on her 3 series, used it once or twice, then partial traded for a hay baler. The guy selling it sells a lot of used JD tractors and implements in the area.

·
Registered
254 Posts

View attachment 762386
Chris,
I own the AF10F with hydraulics. It was delivered last week. I like the build and I like the way it works with the JD 3rd SCV, but, you have one of the older JD units and it would make sense to buy the Worksaver SBJD-2172 72" plow. 72" is about all you'll need for the 1025, and if I had spotted that worksaver last month it wouldn't be around for you to buy.

View attachment 762404 View attachment 762405
The story is a woman had it on her 3 series, used it once or twice, then partial traded for a hay baler. The guy selling it sells a lot of used JD tractors and implements in the area.
I have a 6’ plow on my 1025 loader mounted , it’s not to big. It did not buy the angle kit due to the price and built my own, brackets cyl and hoses, quick connects cost about $200.00
I used a 2 way hyd. cyl rather than one way requiring the use of 2 cyl. The added weight was not more than 20 #s. I have used it 3 years now and have no issues. Works great, I didn’t realize how much I would use the hyd. angle until I added it.

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
You are going to be happy with that plow. Looks like a well built unit. One thought, if she used that on a 3 series Deere, its likely not going to hook up to your hydraulic connectors without either changing adapters or possibly hydraulic connectors. Make sure to check that before you get it home so you can get the parts you are going to need to make it work. If you are putting this on a 1 series, you are going to need 1/4" connectors and I think the 3 series uses 3/8" or even 1/2", but double check......

Hey, maybe work a trade on your Frontier Unit with the seller, unless you don't mind dealing with the occasional tire kicking idiot that walks the face of the earth.....All one has to do is list something for sale on Craigslist and they seem to come out of the woodwork. Between those who offer you 10% of the asking price to those who make an appointment to come and see the item and then never show up, Maine Member RydPlrs could probably write a book about such episodes.....

I have sold some items lately on WasteBook (FaceBook Market Place) and that has been much better than Craiglist. But I don't have a FB account and refuse to even sign on, so I am paying my sister a % to handle the listings for me. Well, actually, she is working off a debt where I paid the repair bills on her car........but its worth it to me to not have to have a Facebook account. She contacts me when someone is interested and I talk to them either via phone or text. 70% of those who I have spoken too have ended up purchasing the items so its been far less a waste of my time...........

Good luck and enjoy your new plow................

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are going to be happy with that plow. Looks like a well built unit. One thought, if she used that on a 3 series Deere, its likely not going to hook up to your hydraulic connectors without either changing adapters or possibly hydraulic connectors. Make sure to check that before you get it home so you can get the parts you are going to need to make it work. If you are putting this on a 1 series, you are going to need 1/4" connectors and I think the 3 series uses 3/8" or even 1/2", but double check......

Hey, maybe work a trade on your Frontier Unit with the seller, unless you don't mind dealing with the occasional tire kicking idiot that walks the face of the earth.....All one has to do is list something for sale on Craigslist and they seem to come out of the woodwork. Between those who offer you 10% of the asking price to those who make an appointment to come and see the item and then never show up, Maine Member RydPlrs could probably write a book about such episodes.....

I have sold some items lately on WasteBook (FaceBook Market Place) and that has been much better than Craiglist. But I don't have a FB account and refuse to even sign on, so I am paying my sister a % to handle the listings for me. Well, actually, she is working off a debt where I paid the repair bills on her car........but its worth it to me to not have to have a Facebook account. She contacts me when someone is interested and I talk to them either via phone or text. 70% of those who I have spoken too have ended up purchasing the items so its been far less a waste of my time...........

Good luck and enjoy your new plow................
SuleyBear, I totally agree with all you’ve said! I don’t have a FB account either. Here is a picture of the hydraulic lines. That was the first thing I noticed, the connectors are too big. So 1 series use 1/4” lines? Is it as simple as un bolting one and installing the other? The hydraulic hoses are bigger too. Will this still be ok with a 1025R? Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
SuleyBear, I totally agree with all you’ve said! I don’t have a FB account either. Here is a picture of the hydraulic lines. That was the first thing I noticed, the connectors are too big. So 1 series use 1/4” lines? Is it as simple as un bolting one and installing the other? The hydraulic hoses are bigger too. Will this still be ok with a 1025R? Thanks for your help!
Yes, you'll just need to swap ends. If you are like me and get confused with all the different hydraulic coupler sizes and styles, remove the hoses and take them to a local hydraulic shop if you can. Depending on the size of the hoses you may be able to attach smaller coupler directly or in some cases you may need an adapter/reducer.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
The work saver plow and the AF10F are very comparable in design and construction. Neither of those plows will put much of a strain on a 1 series, and neither is too heavy for a 1023 or 1025.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts