Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the snap ring on my lift arm the other day (LVA16762 is the lift arm part number on the casting itself)

Looking at the diagram below it is definately item number 9 that I am looking for. Looking at the part list for item #9 there are two of them listed. Each have a note to use them with LVA21893 or LVA18070 - neither of which is LVA16762. So......which one is the one that I need?
0002519816____________A1.jpg
4-20-2017 08-23-04 AM.png

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
You might want to contact your dealer. I think there is a DTAC service bulletin for that snap ring, which has something to do with the groove not being machined correctly and the part numbers may have changed due to the updated parts. I recall posts here to that effect.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OxPath.

I did talk to the dealer and there is an entire replacement rockshaft unit. The parts guy has set both rings aside for me and I'll see which one fits. I am heading in for some warranty work next week, one of the items on the list is/was the ring coming off.

I had to grind out some bent over splines in the rock shaft arm last night to get it back on to the unit as they had rotated under load and ruined a few of them at the end. I absolutly need my 3pt for my spreader this weekend. With the 2 week minimum turnaround time in the shop if I don't get my fertilizer and lime spread this weekend so I can till I'll be a month behind.

IIRC I have seen that issue here on the site with others and thought there was a recall. The parts dude did acknowledge there was a recall but didn't know if it was only "replace if broken" or "replace if questioned" item. I'll chat the service manager up over it next week to see it is dealt with to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I guess these faulty rockshafts have been around here and there for a long time and through 2 different production models... My '12 1026r ring came off, the rockshaft tore up a bunch of stuff and had to be replaced @ about 30 hrs. As for preventative measures, they don't fix 'em if they ain't broke. :good2:

Reactions: OxPath and bob

·
Registered
524 Posts
What they are doing is they have to inspect Rockshaft snap ring groove for anything unusual. Measure diameter of snap ring groove and if it exceeds 28.6 mm they replace Rockshaft LVU21807 with LVU29229 and install snap ring 40M7401 in place of 40M7098.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
470 Posts

I bought a new 1025r TLB in February of 2016.

I've had that snap ring pop off the left side twice now.
First time was a week ago. I found it in the dirt and didn't know what it was for until I noticed the rockshaft arms were spread leaving a gap on the shaft. I squeezed everything back together and reinstalled the snap ring. After installing I noticed the ring was quite loose in the groove and would rotate easily.
It popped off again yesterday and I have no idea where it is.
Guess it I will call my dealer tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts