Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the best tread type for your tractor? It depends on how you use your tractor.

R-1 Regular Ag lug for general farming on most North American soils.

R-1W Deeper tread for wet or moist soils. (25% deeper than R-1 but not as deep as R-2)

R-2 Rice & Cane – Extra deep tread (twice the depth as R-1) for wet muck, rice & cane farming.

R-3 Turf tread for mowing, golf courses, etc.

R-4 Industrial lug for backhoe tractors. Wider lugs for longer wear on hard surfaces.

When compact tractors come with R-1 Ag tires, they have one size tires & wheels. With R-3 turf tires, they have a different size set of tires and wheels. With R-4 industrial tires, they have a 3rd size set of tires & wheels.

Choose the tread type for the job you use the tractor 80%-90% of the time. Example, if you have a compact tractor with a loader and backhoe, you will want R-4 tires unless you are a landscaper. Then you may want R-3 so that you don’t tear up the turf.

It is cheaper to buy a tractor with the type of tires you need rather than switching afterward.

If you have a tractor that you need to change tread types, call us at 800-621-1955.

We can help you,
Ed Miller
m. e. MILLER tire

·
Administrator
17,110 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recomendation for air pressure

Ed,
I volunteer my time and my 2014 JD2025R to perform trail maintenance in the nearby USFS on ATV trails.
Rocks and roots make for a hard ride. I have substituted Firestone air bladders for the hard rubber bumpers under the seat.
I dropped the tire pressure from the dealer's default 30 psi to ten. I don't carry heavy attachments on the three point hitch.
What's the lowest pressure you recommend. I am looking for the largest softest footprint that won't spin the wheel in the tire or roll the tire's bead off the rim.
Would bead adhesive help?
See attached PDF so you can have an idea what I'm doing.
Thanks, John Hesslink

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Where do the new style hybrid tires fit in the R1 to R4 list? The tires I'm talking about are coming on many of the new JD 2-series, and have a chevron tread that is cut into blocks, similar to some ATV treads you see. The sales brochure from JD for the 2-series shows them but gives no information on them that I could find.

Carlisle has recently released a 26x12-12 tire like this for the 1-series. Who makes the larger tires?

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Where do the new style hybrid tires fit in the R1 to R4 list? The tires I'm talking about are coming on many of the new JD 2-series, and have a chevron tread that is cut into blocks, similar to some ATV treads you see. The sales brochure from JD for the 2-series shows them but gives no information on them that I could find.

Carlisle has recently released a 26x12-12 tire like this for the 1-series. Who makes the larger tires?
I have the R3 radial tires on my 2038R and I am very happy with them. only problem is they will load up with mud pretty easy but they clean themselves out well. I mostly mow with the 2038 and no problems on the lawn.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Galaxy Garden Pro R3+ Radials.

Galaxy Garden Pro R-3+

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mr. Miller will you stock the new Versa Turf for the 1025r soon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Miller tire please let me know pricing when you can ship full set for a 2305
Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Maybe a nice package deal or group buy for the forum members?
:)
It would be difficult for me to toss my brand new turfs... but with a significant discount, I probably would for these as they look perfect for my needs.
tire.jpg

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
26x12.00-12

We will have 26x1200-12 Carlisle Versal Turf by Nov. 1
$ 133.85 each + UPS.
Buy online , use "GTT" for Coupon Code & receive a 5% discount.
We only have 10 tires coming on the first order, we didn't how fast they would sale.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Very tempting but wanting to do all 4 at once.....will wait

·
Registered
304 Posts
Needing hints on how to wear out my turf tires... quickly...

·
Administrator
17,110 Posts
Needing hints on how to wear out my turf tires... quickly...
High speed figure 8's on asphalt will do it :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you have a release date for the fronts? I'm trying to work with my dealer on how I could buy these and take a credit on my purchase. My 1025r hasn't been delivered yet so my r4's are still brand spankin new

1 - 20 of 28 Posts