Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3039R, Snow cab, Ehydro, 320R FEL
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Haven't used the tractor much this summer, and haven't used the heater since last winter. Went to use it today, when I turned the heat on it blew a bunch of white powdery stuff all over me and covered the inside of the cab, no odd smells, anti freeze is still full, and gauges all were running at normal.
no idea what the heck it is. Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Dress
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Grey Bumper

Can't contact the dealership until Tuesday, but hate to keep using it mess something up.
Anyone know what it is???

·
Registered
JD 5055E 2WD CAB / JD 3033r 320r Loader / Toro Z Master 2000
80 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me in my 5055e cab a few weeks ago but was only once on start and had cold air blowing. Vacuumed and wiped out cab and has not happened again. Does not appear to be an issue but let’s hear if you do any further digging for info!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me in my 5055e cab a few weeks ago but was only once on start and had cold air blowing. Vacuumed and wiped out cab and has not happened again. Does not appear to be an issue but let’s hear if you do any further digging for info!

Mine once as well, thought it was sawdust from grinding stumps but I kinds doubt it now as I've ground many times without reoccurring

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Just a guess but possibly some oxidation off of the fins of the aluminum heater core.
My guess as well. Oxidation process where aluminum fins are in contact with galvanized metal and forms white zinc oxide powder. I had this happen from my truck vents once after it sat nused for a long period of time. Dealer service said it is an ongoing process but if you drive daily you never notice because only a small amount blows out each day, but over time it collects and can then give you a pretty good dusting. Toyota even had info about it in the service information that the dealership showed me. Basically to inform customer that this was normal after a long period of disuse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally heard back from the stealership.
They said it sometimes happens when the machine sits unused for a while. They said to clean it up and see if it happens again or not.
If lt happens again to bring it in and they will look into it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, got her cleaned up as good as I could, damn there's a lot of spots I just couldn't get to. Pulled the cabin air filter and there was quite a bit on the cabin side of it, so gave it a good blowing out too. But it seems like it isn't making any more of it, still a very little bit floating around, but I am pretty sure it's just the stuff I wasn't able to get in my clean up, or some that was still in the duct work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.