Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't done a lot of research yet, but I don't find in the online brochure the manufacturer for the gas engine in the X730. Can someone help me out?

I assume that the diesel version is a Yanmar.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Kawasaki makes the X500’s. They might do the gas engines on the 7’s also.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Kawasaki Builds the X700 series Gas engines & actually all the Kawasaki Gas engines for all the different John Deere Lines In Michigan :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
But if Your trying to get Parts outside of a JD dealer good Luck Because Kawasaki does Not recognize the engine After there sold to John Deere. They want Noting to do with them On there end. Some Parts are very easy to Match Up with there existing Line and some are not. Kawasaki most of the time will not recognize the warranty if it's On a John Deere Meaning You go to a Kawasaki engine dealer(non John Deere dealer) You will be Buying the Parts Yourself out of your own Pocket:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Kawasaki FD750D

TractorData.com John Deere X730 tractor engine information

I won't post a link to the service manual for the engine but a quick google search for that engine model above will bring up the service manual from Kawasaki. I know JD gets upset if we post their service manuals. I am not sure Kawasaki is the same way but rather than risk it I thought I would leave it at it is very easy to find. I always keep a copy of the Kawasaki manual right next to the JD manual. If working on something engine related, it is nice to see it from both perspectives. I have noticed differences between the two at times.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Kawasaki makes the X500’s. They might do the gas engines on the 7’s also.
Not sure about the smaller X3xx machines but as far as I know they make all the gas engines for the X Series. At least on all the mid and large size ones that I have ever looked at. Of course the diesel is the exception.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think so too, all I know for sure is that my X580 is a Kawasaki.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Current Premium line Models with Kawasaki & without

X330 Briggs & Stratton

X350 Kawasaki

X350R Kawasaki

X354 Kawasaki

X370 Kawasaki

X380 Kawasaki

X390 Kawasaki

X394 Kawasaki

X570 Kawasaki

X580 Kawasaki

X584 Kawasaki

X590 Kawasaki

X710 Kawasaki

X730 Kawasaki

X734 Kawasaki

X738 Kawasaki

X739 Kawasaki

X750 Yanmar

X754 Yanmar

X758 Yanmar

Non Premium line with Kawasaki & without

S240 Kawasaki

E100 Briggs & Stratton

E110 Briggs & Stratton

E120 Briggs & Stratton

E130 Briggs & Stratton

E140 Briggs & Stratton

E150 Briggs & Stratton

E160 Briggs & Stratton

E170 Briggs & Stratton

E180 Briggs & Stratton

There You Go the Lawn & Garden tractor Line with the Manufacturer of the engine :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Kawasaki FD750D

TractorData.com John Deere X730 tractor engine information

I won't post a link to the service manual for the engine but a quick google search for that engine model above will bring up the service manual from Kawasaki. I know JD gets upset if we post their service manuals. I am not sure Kawasaki is the same way but rather than risk it I thought I would leave it at it is very easy to find. I always keep a copy of the Kawasaki manual right next to the JD manual. If working on something engine related, it is nice to see it from both perspectives. I have noticed differences between the two at times.
Deere sees there Manuals posted Online they consider it a Violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and in turn They Do it to all forums they find In Violation will send a Take down Notice to that forum or Forums Parent company in our Case verticalscope.com . Have to deal with this On MTF It's Deere's Property and they want to charge for it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Deere sees there Manuals posted Online they consider it a Violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and in turn They Do it to all forums they find In Violation will send a Take down Notice to that forum or Forums Parent company in our Case verticalscope.com . Have to deal with this On MTF It's Deere's Property and they want to charge for it :bigthumb:
Yeah I understand the why. The manual I was about to post isn't John Deere's it is Kawasaki. As I mentioned I just don't know how fussy Kawasaki is about their manuals. For how easy they are to find, I think they just put them out there in the open market and consider it like the operator's guide and not bother with trying to sell them. At least I have never seen them for sale. John Deere chooses to sell their Service Manual and that is fine. They went through the work to assemble it. I like having both. The John Deere ones I bought and the free Kawasaki manuals I have found on the internet. It is nice to have both to cross reference to see if a procedure may be better explained in one vs the other. I also have the service manual for the TuffTorq K92 transaxle for my X585. I haven't looked yet but I would like to find out what my Z950R uses for drives and see if that manual is available. None of these are a replacement for the John Deere manuals. As I said I use them together. A good example of where that may come in handy is sometimes John Deere may have a manufacturer configure an existing part that they make a little to better suit the needs of John Deere. For instance with that K92 Transaxle. It is used in lots of tractors of every color made. John Deere specs the Implement Pressure Relief to be shimmed to around 900psi on my X585. There are other tractor manufacturers that may use this component in other larger tractors and may request they are shimmed to higher pressures. Specs like that would be only available in the John Deere manual.

I know I went over both manuals pretty well for the Kawasaki FS850V. In the case of the commercial ZTrak they don't sell a home maintenance kit that I saw. So I was figuring out what I wanted to run for oil and thought it was interesting that the John Deere Operators Manual states a different recommended oil spec than Kawasaki. They were close but different. For warranty sake I went with JD's recommendation for now. As it was mentioned above. There is no warranty period with Kawasaki. You have to go to John Deere.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Yeah I understand the why. The manual I was about to post isn't John Deere's it is Kawasaki. As I mentioned I just don't know how fussy Kawasaki is about their manuals. For how easy they are to find, I think they just put them out there in the open market and consider it like the operator's guide and not bother with trying to sell them. At least I have never seen them for sale. John Deere chooses to sell their Service Manual and that is fine. They went through the work to assemble it. I like having both. The John Deere ones I bought and the free Kawasaki manuals I have found on the internet. It is nice to have both to cross reference to see if a procedure may be better explained in one vs the other. I also have the service manual for the TuffTorq K92 transaxle for my X585. I haven't looked yet but I would like to find out what my Z950R uses for drives and see if that manual is available. None of these are a replacement for the John Deere manuals. As I said I use them together. A good example of where that may come in handy is sometimes John Deere may have a manufacturer configure an existing part that they make a little to better suit the needs of John Deere. For instance with that K92 Transaxle. It is used in lots of tractors of every color made. John Deere specs the Implement Pressure Relief to be shimmed to around 900psi on my X585. There are other tractor manufacturers that may use this component in other larger tractors and may request they are shimmed to higher pressures. Specs like that would be only available in the John Deere manual.

I know I went over both manuals pretty well for the Kawasaki FS850V. In the case of the commercial ZTrak they don't sell a home maintenance kit that I saw. So I was figuring out what I wanted to run for oil and thought it was interesting that the John Deere Operators Manual states a different recommended oil spec than Kawasaki. They were close but different. For warranty sake I went with JD's recommendation for now. As it was mentioned above. There is no warranty period with Kawasaki. You have to go to John Deere.
If a Oil meets the same specs as John Deere Oil. They have no problem with it. Some of there Manuals state that But I have heard it (straight from the Deere's Mouth) Because Many People switch to synthetic In there Machines. Several Deere engineers I know use synthetic In there own Deere Machines and One guy is a stickler and follows what someone In there Department stated In the Manual :lolol:

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But if Your trying to get Parts outside of a JD dealer good Luck Because Kawasaki does Not recognize the engine After there sold to John Deere. They want Noting to do with them On there end. Some Parts are very easy to Match Up with there existing Line and some are not. Kawasaki most of the time will not recognize the warranty if it's On a John Deere Meaning You go to a Kawasaki engine dealer(non John Deere dealer) You will be Buying the Parts Yourself out of your own Pocket:bigthumb:
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I was hoping it was Kawasaki. I haven't bought one, but I have an idea in mind. Need a way to pass it through the real CSM in the family.

I have no idea where a Kawasaki dealer is located, but I know very well where the Deere dealer is.

Thanks again.

Don

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
If a Oil meets the same specs as John Deere Oil. They have no problem with it. Some of there Manuals state that But I have heard it (straight from the Deere's Mouth) Because Many People switch to synthetic In there Machines. Several Deere engineers I know use synthetic In there own Deere Machines and One guy is a stickler and follows what someone In there Department stated In the Manual :lolol:
I did find this website on Kawasaki so they are fine with feely giving out their manuals.

Manuals | Kawasaki - Lawn Mower Engines - Small Engines

I went back and compared what is in the John Deere Operators Manual (freely available on JD's Website since not the Service Manual) and compared it to what is available in the Kawasaki Manual. Now one note. The Kawasaki manual is for the exact engine that I have. The John Deere Operator Manual in this case is for all Z9xx E/B/M/R models. There are different engines in this series and not all are Kawasaki. They don't appear to take this into account. As you will see the temp ranges for the viscosity are a little different and while the Kawasaki calls out the Spec SJ or SL with no mention of the newer SM spec, John Deere lists those as well as several others. So like I said I took the information from both manuals and found where they overlap and went with that. I am running a 10w-40 but there are differences in the temp ranges with this and 5w-30.

Kawasaki Specs

John Deere

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I was hoping it was Kawasaki. I haven't bought one, but I have an idea in mind. Need a way to pass it through the real CSM in the family.

I have no idea where a Kawasaki dealer is located, but I know very well where the Deere dealer is.

Thanks again.

Don
You won’t be sorry. These Kawasaki’s are good motors. Getting ready to switch mine over to synthetic at 100 hours. Never had a hiccup out of it.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
If there is any common complaint it would be that they blow a little smoke as they are first starting up. It is pretty common with them. They don't do it every time and I have never had to add oil between change intervals to say it is burning oil but if you start them in a garage you might notice it more than if outside.

Overall I don't have any real complaints. I have had a few issues over the years but nothing that I would blame on Kawasaki. Well maybe my most recent fuel leak. The O-rings on the fuel injectors degraded to the point where they started leaking. Cost $2 and an hour to fix. Most likely more of an Ethanol issue than anything else. This is on a 16-17 year old engine with I think it was 1140hrs on it. Other than that just throwing fuel, filters and oil at it. Doing Valve Clearance adjustments and spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts

Thanks again.

Don
Sorry didn't You Know there actually Household 6 actual There Officers not lowly CSM or MSG:lolol:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
When I did the cam in my 345,the FD590 was use in other units and brands.Deere and Kawasaki had a -03 or -04 at the end of the engine number which is how they knew it was for Deere and some parts are made slightly different with that end prefix.All the parts were from Kawasaki when I got them from Deere.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
When I did the cam in my 345,the FD590 was use in other units and brands.Deere and Kawasaki had a -03 or -04 at the end of the engine number which is how they knew it was for Deere and some parts are made slightly different with that end prefix.All the parts were from Kawasaki when I got them from Deere.

You got them Through Deere So they either came directly from one of Deere Parts warehouses. or Deere (parts guy at the Deere warehouse) which is above your dealer order using the Deere codes to get the Parts directly from Kawasaki When Kawasaki send stuff to Deere There parts and engines are in Kawasaki's Packaging. and even In the Deere Warehouse they are not usually repacked In a Deere Bag they are left In the Kawasaki Packaging

What I was saying is Kawasaki doesn't Not recognize there own warranty on a engine that was made for Deere. Meaning if You went to a Kawasaki Dealer(non John Deere Dealer) The Kawasaki Dealer does not have to recognize the warranty. Which means You will be Paying out of Pocket for those Parts for that Kawasaki engine. Because that Kawasaki (Non Deere dealer)dealer will not get reimburse from Kawasaki So more than Likely you will be charged for those Parts even if It was Under a Kawasaki warranty Because Deere is there customer we the end users are not Kawasaki's Customer.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
You got them Through Deere So they either came directly from one of Deere Parts warehouses. or Deere (parts guy at the Deere warehouse) which is above your dealer order using the Deere codes to get the Parts directly from Kawasaki When Kawasaki send stuff to Deere There parts and engines are in Kawasaki's Packaging. and even In the Deere Warehouse they are not usually repacked In a Deere Bag they are left In the Kawasaki Packaging

What I was saying is Kawasaki doesn't Not recognize there own warranty on a engine that was made for Deere. Meaning if You went to a Kawasaki Dealer(non John Deere Dealer) The Kawasaki Dealer does not have to recognize the warranty. Which means You will be Paying out of Pocket for those Parts for that Kawasaki engine. Because that Kawasaki (Non Deere dealer)dealer will not get reimburse from Kawasaki So more than Likely you will be charged for those Parts even if It was Under a Kawasaki warranty Because Deere is there customer we the end users are not Kawasaki's Customer.

:bigthumb:
I think there is a term for this but yes, warranties are handled by the last manufacturer or assembler. No different in other industries. If I had an Eaton G80 Locker on my 2017 Chevy pickup (do they still use them? doesn't matter) and it were to grenade. Well I could go down the street to Eaton because they make them here locally and get parts. If they sold to the public anyhow. But I wouldn't expect them to honor GM's warranty. I would have to go to the dealer for that. Same thing with Delphi, Bosch or any other company that makes parts that are used by assemblers to make an end product.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts