Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
my cousin got one last year and loves it. Digs great cuts off saplings at will and pretty tough, he's hard on stuff. when I get a tooth bar for mine it will likely be the piranha

·
Registered
456 Posts
2012-08-13_13-08-34_572.jpg
I bought a 72" for my 73" bucket on my 3320. I have had it 2 years and it is holding up like new yet. To put it simply I love it! I would never buy anything else. I've used it to clear a few small fields and expand my trails in the woods. The teeth grab small brush and saplings and plucks them out of the ground pretty well. I am in soil that is a bit sandy. The blade digs into the ground and dirt piles very well. I had some dirt piles dumped in a field when my town was ditching by the roadway. These piles sat for several years. I couldn't dig into these things with just my bucket. The tooth bar made it as easy as can be. I've dug out large rocks and a few stumps. The teeth have held up very well. None are bent or chipped after all of the work I have done. You can also back drag with it and leave a smooth surface.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
View attachment 25855
I bought a 72" for my 73" bucket on my 3320. I have had it 2 years and it is holding up like new yet. To put it simply I love it! I would never buy anything else. I've used it to clear a few small fields and expand my trails in the woods. The teeth grab small brush and saplings and plucks them out of the ground pretty well. I am in soil that is a bit sandy. The blade digs into the ground and dirt piles very well. I had some dirt piles dumped in a field when my town was ditching by the roadway. These piles sat for several years. I couldn't dig into these things with just my bucket. The tooth bar made it as easy as can be. I've dug out large rocks and a few stumps. The teeth have held up very well. None are bent or chipped after all of the work I have done. You can also back drag with it and leave a smooth surface.
Thanks for that report, my finger is on the trigger for a Piranha bar before frost out.

Reactions: probablecause

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think it will be my next purchase also for my little green monster. I could use it at my hunting property and at home.

·
Registered
456 Posts
After I bought my 2012 tractor the first thing I did was to try and dig into the dirt piles the town left me while they ditched. I couldn't scratch those piles with just the bucket. I looked on the internet and priced some out. Somehow I ran across the the Piranha and one user said it worked great for removing brush which caught my eye seeing as I had some work on my trails to do as well.

I did more research and I found several other reviews and I couldn't find a negative word said about the Piranha. I called Piranha and the owner answered. He was very pleasant and informative. He had that tooth bar in my hands with in 7 days. Great product, great price, great customer service = a happy tractor owner!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mine was delivered today. Don't think I'll be home in time to install it tonight, but it will be on there tomorrow for sure. :)
I'm home all day and evening.....will be happy to run by, pick it up to install my tractor.....I'll even write a review so you know how well it works.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I just installed mine last night. It came well packaged and looks well built.

The instructions say to drill 3/4" holes in the bucket, but the bolts are only 5/8" in diameter - so I drilled 5/8" holes. Also, because of where the holes must be drilled to mount it, which is about 1/2" behind the doubler on the bucket, it is not possible to get a washer under the bolt head. The mounting portion of the tooth bar should have been either shorter or longer to avoid this issue. The size perfectly fits inside my 53" (or is it a 54") bucket with no gaps.

Reactions: chex313

·
Registered
714 Posts
Went over on there website, bxpanded, and looks like everything for kubotas?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, they specialize in BX series accessories. BX expanded

Here are the Deere bars. Piranah Tooth Bar
Thanks, got one on the way.
I never quite understood why an aftermarket bucket accessory company would specialize in just one brand.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Thanks, got one on the way.
I never quite understood why an aftermarket bucket accessory company would specialize in just one brand.
A lot of aftermarket companies put a ton of time and engineering into their products to make sure they work, fit physically, and are an even match to the capabilities of the machine they go on. It takes a lot of research time, and funds to really hammer out what add ons are possible, needed, how to build them and how to sell them. Items like tooth bars are fairly generic, but specialized stuff like light guards and model specific items are where it really gets tricky. Sometimes it's just better for a company to decide they're going to be the top notch aftermarket builder for X brand and focus on that. :)

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Hi Folks,
Maybe I can comment on some of the posts above.
The actual company name is Hardparts Design, LLC. We design and build all of the items we sell. The product line is "BXpanded", not BX Expanded. Read that, "Be expanded", as in; "Your tractor's capabilities can be expanded."

We aren't dedicated to any brand or machine. We are dedicated to building useful, high quality products. Many of our products are for the Kubota BX for a simple business reason. As 56fordguy noted, developing products is expensive and time consuming. The BX has been built since about 2001 and there are lots of them out there. The market is bigger, so the odds of being able to sell enough parts to recover the development costs and pay the bills are better.

The 1 Series JD is proving to be a fine machine and is selling well. We have several products such as a BH Dolly, Piranha Tooth Bars, Lights, and Receiver Hitch that are available now. I'm working on the final (I hope) refinements of the BH thumb right now. I have quite a few more items in the works.
Cheers!
Harry
BXpanded

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks for the information Harry. Glad to hear about the thumb for our 260's. I know I will be interested in a one for my BH. It has so many uses. I will be getting a Piranha Tooth Bar for my front bucket first though.

Reactions: harrug

·
Registered
20 Posts
My bar came in yesterday. Just have to find time to get it mounted up now.

This was an exchange bar. I ordered the bar for the 49" bucket without realizing I have a 53" bucket. My bad. The exchange process went very smoothly. Harry got the exchange turned around very quickly for me.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts