Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, the way this works is someone posts some sort of quiz or question. everyone else tries to guess the answer. the rules are simple;
1)dont post new topic until the old one is answered.
2) please dont type the question into google.

ill start in next post.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
who invented radio?

quiz1.jpg

OR

quiz2.jpg

OR
gizmo.jpg

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Oh my gosh . . . . Nunber 3 first airing!

:laugh:
marlin; I looked at that pic so long my eyes started to water,:lol: how u know the answer,:dunno: was it a age thing for u!:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
No, the bright light at the top, had to be heavenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
No, the bright light at the top, had to be heavenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK-I think its a persons mouth being worked on at a dentist's office!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,738 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well lets see, you gots your Marconi there and than you gots your Tesla there and than you gots your :crazy:,
safe to assume we can leave the :crazy: fella out.

Now we can debate Marconi or Tesla, but I favors Tesla. :lol:
:bigthumb: you are correct! marconi piggybacked off of tesla's work.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,738 Posts
:bigthumb: you are correct! marconi piggybacked off of tesla's work.
Tesla was an eccentric for sure, but a true genius way ahead of his time.
I'd rank him right up there with Michael Faraday concerning electricity, electromagnetism, etc.

Shame the way he passed on, broke and in bad shape mentally.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Tesla was an eccentric for sure, but a true genius way ahead of his time.
I'd rank him right up there with Michael Faraday concerning electricity, electromagnetism, etc.

Shame the way he passed on, broke and in bad shape mentally.
I think he was pursuing the idea of trying to harvest the difference in potential between the sky and the earth. He was dreaming of towers that would collect this free electricity and lay the storage and distribution. Damn shame we can't make that work even today.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hiya,

He wasn't just the inventor of electrical apparatus, he had many mechanical patents as well. One of my favorites is the boundary layer turbine.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've read 3 books on Tesla in the last couple years. ALL true genius' are "eccentric" (hence my life problems)! What Tesla needed was someone he could rely on as a business guide. He tried to do all the marketing himself and that led to folks trying to screw him out of his ideas and profit. He did some awsome experiments with lightning in Colorado (and SCARY!) and the story of the "Earthquake Machine" in lower Manhattan is a hilarious example of his mechanical genius.

Lots of folks fooled around with radio, but Mark Koney was the first to send a trans-Atlantic wireless signal... (I will NOT get involved with that "third picture", I know the code but I'm sworn to secrecy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
While I certainly appreciate all Tesla has done for my trade, it was his band that I found truly inspiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
While I certainly appreciate all Tesla has done for my trade, it was his band that I found truly inspiring.
They may be "Tesla", but they look kind of AC/DC to me in a non-musical sort of way... Ah but then, I'm a Bluegrass sort of guy...:laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If it hadn't of been for Tesla,,, Edison would have had DC in all of our homes,,

I could have plugged my JD650 right into the outlet when the battery needed charging,,,
Think how much we could have saved,, not buying battery chargers!! :bigthumb:

:lolol:

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
If it hadn't of been for Tesla,,, Edison would have had DC in all of our homes,,

I could have plugged my JD650 right into the outlet when the battery needed charging,,,
Think how much we could have saved,, not buying battery chargers!! :bigthumb:

:lolol:
If it hadn't of been for Edison, we would all be watching TV by candlelight!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if edison had succeeded in bringing dc to everyone, we would all have a power plant in our back yard because of the inefficiency of dc.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
if edison had succeeded in bringing dc to everyone, we would all have a power plant in our back yard because of the inefficiency of dc.
If that would have happened,,, we could all have cheap access to cinders for our driveway maintenance,,,

Who here remembers cinders??

When it snowed in Pittsburgh,, some guy would walk down the road, flip open a box,,,
then hand shovel cinders on the icy spots on the road,,,

If the guy did not come by early,,, the school bus could not get up the hill on Bascom Avenue,,,

NO SCHOOL that day!! :yahoo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts