Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this beauty today. It is mainly going to be a wood hauler/ storage for my fire pit. I do want to make it legal to drive on the road. So I want to know what years they made this style on truck. The only thing I have to go by is the style of tail lights and tailgate.
I will have to wire to make the lights work. I may have to replace the lights if there damage. Also the DMV may want to know the year if I have
try to plate it.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I think 69/70 - 72

I’m not a Chevy guy but it’s funny how it used to be you could recognize something from a half mile away just by the headlights.

It also might be because I had a friend with a 72 that was 2 Wheel Dr. and perhaps pushed it once or twice

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
That body style was built model years 1967-1972.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think side lights came out in 68 and the rear fender side lights on at 72 looked like they were a 2 piece unit; even though they was a 1 piece ASSY. so I would say a 69 - 71 Chevy

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
That would be a homemade trailer at my DMV, and the year of manufacture would be when the torches got involved.

Reactions: MachoDrone

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Being a homemade trailer, the date would be irrelevant in MN. Don't know where you are located but I'd be surprised if it mattered. And it certainly wouldn't be the date the donor pickup was made.

Rob

·
Registered
241 Posts
67 to 72, as everyone says. I had a 70 C10 all through high school.

·
Registered
2021 1025R, 2016 x580
572 Posts
In Virginia for homemade, you go by the construction date of the trailer. They will also issue you a VIN tag with a number that must be riveted to the frame.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
'67-'72 as stated. I have a '69 now.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
There was a period of time when you could look at the mold marking on taillights and the year of manufacture was molded in. Sometimes off one year from actual build date but not always. Have a close look?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts