Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love me some country music. I grew up listening to it in the 80's and 90's. I still remember my 5th grade teacher pulling out a record in class and having us all get up and dance to the Boot, Scoot, and Boogie by Brooks & Dunn. I was the only one who could name the song :)

I've found I don't care how old the music is, I just need it to be "real" country.

A few of my faves from various eras...

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts
I'm a fan...:good2:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David Allan Coe

This CD was in our work truck all summer long when I was installing sprinkler systems shortly after graduating.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Not me, don’t hate country music,but much prefer classic rock. I grew up with the likes of Ozzie, Guns N’ Roses, ac-dc .

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not me, don’t hate country music,but much prefer classic rock. I grew up with the likes of Ozzie, Guns N’ Roses, ac-dc .
I may not love every genre, but I can find select songs from most any that I really enjoy. Gotta appreciate talent regardless of style. Well except for death metal. I just can't get into that, haha!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Good ole country music

Good ole rock and roll

Love them all!

I even like some of the new stuff in both. Depends who is doing the singing and how they are doing it.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I love Classic Country music with a passion born of 65 years of Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Daryle Singletary, Hank Snow, Webb Pierce, Hank Williams, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reid, et. al. Used to play and sing a bit; not much any more; maybe a few jams out at the Elks or some Karaoke once a month.

Would like to learn this song, but I can't sing it through yet without tearing and choking up. It was written by Chet Atkins, but the Hag does a better job...sans the classy pickin'.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I appreciate the Country Wimin singers more than the men.

Pretty much a hard rocker. Country has some seriously talented musicians, but every song seems to be "I'm a Victim" ?

I do like the Blues Brothers doing "Rawhide" ! :lolol:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Bulitt;2757993[I said:
]I appreciate the Country Wimin singers more than the men.
[/I]
Pretty much a hard rocker. Country has some seriously talented musicians, but every song seems to be "I'm a Victim" ?

I do like the Blues Brothers doing "Rawhide" ! :lolol:

The first lady of Country Music

And this:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Play a Led Zeppelin song backwards and you hear Satanic messages. Play a country song backward and you end up sober, you get your job back, your dog comes back to life and your wife leaves your best friend and comes back to you!! :laugh:

===========================

I'll put in a little plug for a young man from my area named Wyatt McCubbin. He's super talented and is also making headway in Nashville as a song writer. He wrote this song "Build me a Bridge" that Flatt Lonesome recently put on one of their albums.

And, another one that he wrote...

Jake Worthington - Hell of a Highway

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes, he's got some great stuff! I'd like to see him in concert.
Took my wife up to see Miranda Lambert in Cleveland a few weeks ago for her birthday, Pardi was the opener. He's very entertaining and didn't look anything like I thought he would :good2:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can take about 50% of it, but then I'm that way with all kind of music. I grew up listening to the likes of Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd etc. In recent years I've come to appreciate a lot jazz players from the 50's. Another thing that amazes me is the recording quality of a lot of 50's jazz compared to popular recordings from the same era. A lot of the pop stuff sounded like it was done in a tin can, but listen to an album done by Sonny Rollins, such as Colossus, and it rivals anything heard today. Maybe they remaster more jazz stuff, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
mark02tj;2761465[U said:
]Play a Led Zeppelin song backwards and you hear Satanic messages. Play a country song backward and you end up sober, you get your job back, your dog comes back to life and your wife leaves your best friend and comes back to you!! :laugh:[/U]

===========================

I'll put in a little plug for a young man from my area named Wyatt McCubbin. He's super talented and is also making headway in Nashville as a song writer. He wrote this song "Build me a Bridge" that Flatt Lonesome recently put on one of their albums.

And, another one that he wrote...

Jake Worthington - Hell of a Highway
OMG! That is great! I'm appropriating that quote...I have some friends who will love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts