Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am trying to help a friend out, they jumped into a relationship, bought a ton of high end camera's len's and likes, and things fell a part, and now trying to sell and get back some of the wasted money LOL
all items are like new, only a few months old
here is a small list
willing to deal to see all things go, sorry NO pic's right now, but its all in MINT condition and NOT cheap stuff here

if anyone has interest, PM me some offers on what or all
I DON"T know what it all costs, I know camera was over 3 grand and rest was not cheap either>>

I am sure we have all been in a bad relationship so? know what its like to spend before thinking ! LOL
so I am reaching out to see if anyone can be fair here, and get a deal at same time, like to move things fast, so willing to deal, but not give give away!
Two cameras
D800
D7000
lens and such

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-105 mm
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50 mm
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 55-200 mm
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200 mm 1:2.8 GII that’s the big lens
Nikon AF-S 18-300 mm
And the Paul C Buff lighting.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wife may have some interest, I’ll check.
Are you willing/able to ship, we are far from local.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife may have some interest, I’ll check.
Are you willing/able to ship, we are far from local.
yeah I see no reason why couldn;t ship, nothing too big or heavy here and all can be insured for value pretty easy
but being honest as can be here both me and my friend are rather clue less about camera and gear, all my friend did was pay for it all, and the girl picked it all out, as she was very into camera's and photography so only wanted high end things with someone else paying fr it??
just glad she didn;t take it when she moved out, so still has to try and re coup some of the funds spent on it all!
I am working a middle man here, as friend ins't into computers or such
(retired law enforcement) so a pretty honest type here, just NO use for the stuff!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
yeah I see no reason why couldn;t ship, nothing too big or heavy here and all can be insured for value pretty easy
but being honest as can be here both me and my friend are rather clue less about camera and gear, all my friend did was pay for it all, and the girl picked it all out, as she was very into camera's and photography so only wanted high end things with someone else paying fr it??
just glad she didn;t take it when she moved out, so still has to try and re coup some of the funds spent on it all!
I am working a middle man here, as friend ins't into computers or such
(retired law enforcement) so a pretty honest type here, just NO use for the stuff!
Pm sent with a couple questions. Once I talk to the wife I’ll throw out some offers.
Pics would help if possible.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I will see what I can do about getting some pic's of things, as I don;t have items in my hands, there at my friends house and we live a distance apart, my friend is leaving on a vacation for X mas and won;t be back till after X mas, leaving I think in 2 days , so will do my best to get pic's before they go, or if not when they get back,, spur of the moment add here, as I just was told about the stuff and just offered to help as I know what its like to be in there shoes?
so were both learning as we go here on this stuff

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a little more info on some things, and maybe added a few more

but here is what I got so far , with receipts of paid prices and some better info I hope on things? and some pic's of lighting will add more info as I get it

1.) nikon af-s dx nikkor 18-300 F/3.5-5.6G ED VR paid $996.96

1.) Nikon ND 800, SLR , rugged commando 36 DSLR , with shoulder bag,san disk 32 gb SDHC Extreme Class 10 UHS -1 Memory card,Watson EN-EL lithium battery pack(7.0V, 1800mAh) Oben ACM-2400 4 section Aluminum Monopod Paid $2854.04

1.) B 800 Black Studio Flash $279.95
1.) einstein/alien bee single light carry bag $12.95
1.) Cybersync Battery powered trigger receiver $ 69.99
1.) Foldable 24"x36" softbox with adapter ring $ 119.99
1.) genrral purpose 10 ft stand $ 39.99

1.) Nikon N102435G, 10-24 mm F/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor $809.99

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I again seem to have issue's with being able to post pic's here, not sure why??
but if anyone wants some pic's please PM em and I can email them to you

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Must of been. . .

here is a little more info on some things, and maybe added a few more

but here is what I got so far , with receipts of paid prices and some better info I hope on things? and some pic's of lighting will add more info as I get it

1.) nikon af-s dx nikkor 18-300 F/3.5-5.6G ED VR paid $996.96

1.) Nikon ND 800, SLR , rugged commando 36 DSLR , with shoulder bag,san disk 32 gb SDHC Extreme Class 10 UHS -1 Memory card,Watson EN-EL lithium battery pack(7.0V, 1800mAh) Oben ACM-2400 4 section Aluminum Monopod Paid $2854.04

1.) B 800 Black Studio Flash $279.95
1.) einstein/alien bee single light carry bag $12.95
1.) Cybersync Battery powered trigger receiver $ 69.99
1.) Foldable 24"x36" softbox with adapter ring $ 119.99
1.) genrral purpose 10 ft stand $ 39.99

1.) Nikon N102435G, 10-24 mm F/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor $809.99
That must of been some girl to talk your friend into that "investment". I guess we've all been there, lol.

Good luck with the sale. There are some pretty experienced photographers on the site and can probably help with pricing.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
434 Posts
Excellent site. I have a boatload of 35mm Nikon equipment sitting in the basement, mostly from my dad's estate. Looks like the camera bodies aren't worth much, but the lenses hold value. I may actually have a decent treasure trove down there.

·
Registered
21,571 Posts
KEH will also buy all his stuff. You will get wholesale prices but to me at times well worth it not having to deal with possible disgruntled buyers.....

You can get all the prices they will pay on-line. I've used them many times and they are excellent - nothing to worry about.

https://www.keh.com/sell/

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That must of been some girl to talk your friend into that "investment". I guess we've all been there, lol.

Good luck with the sale. There are some pretty experienced photographers on the site and can probably help with pricing.

Treefarmer
well was sure one of them things that wishful thinking, over road common sense
jumped in way head deep here , HOPING it was a forever deal, that sadly ended up being a NOT even close, fell apart almost as soon as the move took place(and also moved for her build a new house and all for her) so the camera end of things was the cheaper side of it sadly too!
but house will hold value better, but doubt would have ever moved there had it not been for her, so a big hit here and also why I am trying to help if I can, I feel bad seeing someone I am good friends with take such a hit
as ME like many others I bet , have also had there share of bad relationships that costs way more than expected due , other side not being what we hoped they would be !
Love(or hoping it is) can be an expensive venture for sure LOL

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
KEH will also buy all his stuff. You will get wholesale prices but to me at times well worth it not having to deal with possible disgruntled buyers.....

You can get all the prices they will pay on-line. I've used them many times and they are excellent - nothing to worry about.

https://www.keh.com/sell/
mrbb, you have an email with KEH values on Retail and on wholesale purchase prices, for the camera equipment at least.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrbb, you have an email with KEH values on Retail and on wholesale purchase prices, for the camera equipment at least.
thanks a whole bunch with that,
what about that lighting

any clue on what that is worth?

I will try and see if I can get pic's loaded here, another way too,

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
thanks a whole bunch with that,
what about that lighting

any clue on what that is worth?

I will try and see if I can get pic's loaded here, another way too,
Sorry no, there's far more variables with that from what the wife says...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry no, there's far more variables with that from what the wife says...
yeah thats why I was trying(still am) to get pic's of the receipts up, as it gives a bunch of info with that, just cannot get pic;s to post, and as you already know cannot even seem to get them in an email to you?? SO< I'm trying best I can, I am just clueless with this stuff, both camera 'and computers and getting pic's up!

I till again later on, have too many things to do for a little bit, but I will get some up as I can!

and we can go from there

1 - 20 of 41 Posts