Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
and just a few receipts
$6999.85 right here!(granted that was new and used thing ain't new, we get this ! just posting to maybe help with info on them and what was paid for them!

the 800 cam,
13-300 mm lens
10-24 mm lens
70-200 lens

Attachments

Those prices are rather irrelevant, considering that's the last generation model for the most valuable item in the list (one and a half generations ago, actually.)

About the only thing that has value is that 70-200 (substract about $300 from that online price). Every other lens you posted is pretty much mediocre-to-midline in terms of quality (I know, I own most of those lenses), so you can take about 30% off at least. The D7000 is about four generations ago. The D800 was replaced by the D810, ultimately superseded a few months ago by the "better in every possible way" D850... Trust me. There's not a soul on earth dropping $2800 on a D800 new. Used, in excellent shape, I've seen them go for about $2000CAD (so figure, $1500 USD) from a dealer - factor in about an extra $100-300 less to make it appealing to the buyer considering they have no warranty buying from you.

I don't want to be the vinegar in this story, but I own DSLR's and lenses from a few generations ago, and I cringe every time a new model is released. My D300 is superior to that D7000 in just about every way, yet it goes on the used market for about $200. And yes, I do shoot semi-professionally with it (I consider myself a professional enthusiast. :laugh: )

Just the way that digital SLR stuff goes.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Those prices are rather irrelevant, considering that's the last generation model for the most valuable item in the list (one and a half generations ago, actually.)

About the only thing that has value is that 70-200 (substract about $300 from that online price). Every other lens you posted is pretty much mediocre-to-midline in terms of quality (I know, I own most of those lenses), so you can take about 30% off at least. The D7000 is about four generations ago. The D800 was replaced by the D810, ultimately superseded a few months ago by the "better in every possible way" D850... Trust me. There's not a soul on earth dropping $2800 on a D800 new. Used, in excellent shape, I've seen them go for about $2000CAD (so figure, $1500 USD) from a dealer - factor in about an extra $100-300 less to make it appealing to the buyer considering they have no warranty buying from you.

I don't want to be the vinegar in this story, but I own DSLR's and lenses from a few generations ago, and I cringe every time a new model is released. My D300 is superior to that D7000 in just about every way, yet it goes on the used market for about $200. And yes, I do shoot semi-professionally with it (I consider myself a professional enthusiast. :laugh: )

you sure seem to know a lot about this stuff so, THANKS for sharing the info
what would you think the whole lot would bring in a bulk sale of all items?
and just asking for your opinion, NOT holding you to anything here!
thanks in advance, appreciate the info, as we both are clueless about this stuff and just want a fair price, for what ever that is
and we KNOW new and used ain;t anything like the same in prices!
just posted prices paid,. as again they had more info on items (or we thought they would) to help folks with maybe some interest, get a better idea what there is here!

Your friend might have a better chance at selling on a DSLR forum if he's on any.

To bad its Nikon gear vs Canon gear.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Your friend might have a better chance at selling on a DSLR forum if he's on any.

To bad its Nikon gear vs Canon gear.
my friend is not on any camera forums, as they do not do anything on computers really

so thats isn't likely going to happen and neither am I, I just don;t know that much about this stuff, and or do a lot on forums
I just know a while back on this site I was looking for a point and shoot camera and lots of folks here helped me pick one, seemed like a lot of folks here had good knowledge and also took way more pictures than I do
so thought posting here might help me help my friend sell this stuff, either maybe a member here or , they might know someone that might have interest
as I know this might be a shade dated as this stuff apparently changes at a fast rate on newest and latest "X"
but its all very good higher end stuff to me, that was used lightly, and is willing to sell for a very reasonable price to just get rid of it, as its NOT going to age and hold any more value, so better off selling now, rather than any later on apparently!

The man speaks the honest truth here.

Since you (OP) doesn’t know much about the gear, the value, or how to successfully sell it I will again suggest you just sell it to KEH, cash the check, and move on.

The only other realistic thing is ebay or a Nikon forum - both of which will beat you up pretty badly.

KEH is simple - find your gear, add it to your quote, print and ship it to them. They even give you a free shipping label. If you don’t agree with their final price offering they will ship the gear back to you at no charge.

I bought and sold a lot of gear on a Pentax forum I used to frequent. Most transactions were great with regular forum members but you always had a bunch of low ballers and problem children. I used KEH on and off over the years. At the end when I had to get out of it I sold it all to KEH. At that point it wasn’t worth the hassle to try to sell 15-20 pieces of high end gear.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
The man speaks the honest truth here.

Since you (OP) doesn’t know much about the gear, the value, or how to successfully sell it I will again suggest you just sell it to KEH, cash the check, and move on.

The only other realistic thing is ebay or a Nikon forum - both of which will beat you up pretty badly.

KEH is simple - find your gear, add it to your quote, print and ship it to them. They even give you a free shipping label. If you don’t agree with their final price offering they will ship the gear back to you at no charge.

I bought and sold a lot of gear on a Pentax forum I used to frequent. Most transactions were great with regular forum members but you always had a bunch of low ballers and problem children. I used KEH on and off over the years. At the end when I had to get out of it I sold it all to KEH. At that point it wasn’t worth the hassle to try to sell 15-20 pieces of high end gear.
I can agree that some times the hassle isn;'t worth the aggregation of dealing with tire kickers and the likes
but way were seeing it right now is , lets just atl;east try it this way and see
I am on a couple other forums, and have had some interest there,
as just never know, and never hurts to try like this
if things turn into more hassle than it seems worth it, we will most likely go that route of KEH, my friend isn;'t hurting for cash, so its not like he needs to have something for them ASAP
just know's will never have any use for the items , so if can sell and get more back than a bulk sale to a shop that will pay based on plans to resell it, why not try selling ourselves first!
as I have to think there could be someone that could use this and still appreciate saving a lot over what maybe newer like things would costs and of like quality
or guess that is our hope any how for now
if in time no one has any interest we will go from there, but as of right , been getting lots of replys and questions on things and trying to answer best I can, will anyone buy< never know I guess? but back to doesn't hurt to try! were both retired, so?

you sure seem to know a lot about this stuff so, THANKS for sharing the info
what would you think the whole lot would bring in a bulk sale of all items?
and just asking for your opinion, NOT holding you to anything here!
thanks in advance, appreciate the info, as we both are clueless about this stuff and just want a fair price, for what ever that is
and we KNOW new and used ain;t anything like the same in prices!
just posted prices paid,. as again they had more info on items (or we thought they would) to help folks with maybe some interest, get a better idea what there is here!

Honestly, I've never had any luck posting stuff in bulk. People expect an even bigger discount, or at the least, "free shipping tossed in". That may work for you, it depends, but expect to discount stuff at 50% to 70% off new... If you bring it to a pawn shop, stuff will likely price around 70% off new anyways. Camera systems are extremely personal. The whole "building blocks" arrangement is the reason most people buy SLR anyways. It's like those buy/sell forums on Facebook where a girl posts random pieces of single clothing for sale.

I use the forums on www.DPreview.com to sell stuff (free to join). Note, they don't have any sort of feedback system, so people will probably hope for a few face-to-face transactions first OR an a presence in the online forums community.

The other forum board where people specifically go to sell stuff is www.fredmiranda.com. Note, they DO have an online feedback system, your 70-200 will likely sell within a few hours... BUT, it is a buy/sell forum where you must pay a subscription. Your other stuff may languish if not priced well. You CAN join the FM forum and "buy"... Or price shop, and see what you should post your item for sale, and especially, see what is too high a price if you see someone who's got the exact same item as you repeatedly needing to "bump" their for-sale post.

For good pricing, besides the FM forums, consider http://www.adorama.com. Price BENEATH their used prices, be honest about the condition of the items (yes, people DO care about tiny scratches on the black plastic), and price it about 10-20% cheaper than them on your local buy/sell (including facebook groups).

Adorama where I have bought several lenses and always been pleased has the 70-200 with a warranty for $700. DX lenses are really only for DX cameras though they can be used on full sized bodies and thus have a more limited market. Sounds like your friend made a very costly mistake.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Adorama where I have bought several lenses and always been pleased has the 70-200 with a warranty for $700. DX lenses are really only for DX cameras though they can be used on full sized bodies and thus have a more limited market. Sounds like your friend made a very costly mistake.
yeah they sure spent a bunch of $$ trying to be nice and too soon in things , to invest that much, but, I am sure more of us have done things like this, than we would like to admit,
when them love goggles are being worn LOL
not the end of the world here, thought, will get back some, which is always better than nothing, could have been worse, might not of even have to sell!

That's the slower VRI edition.

The VRII edition goes for quite a bit more, and for good reason.

Actually no it was the II edition rated fine condition listed yesterday.

That's an awesome price, I'm a bit skeptical without some sort of screenshot. They're still going for about $1600-2000CAD here in Canada private sale, $1900-2100CAD at a dealer (used).

https://www.adorama.com/us 948274.html

$1100USD for an excellent condition VR1. That sounds more typical, Adorama isn't the cheapest place on the block for used stuff, typically.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.