Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my new BB3272 JD green today. I was disapointed the dang thing was butterscotch color when it arrived.:think:

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
Welcome to GTT Buster. That butterscotch color sounds like JD's primer. Maybe the QA/QC guy at Woods/Frontier is color blind and let a blade slip through with just primer on it.

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
My guess? (and it is just that, a guess): That is the Woods OEM color and they probably made the BB. So its just cheaper now to change the stickers rather than paint it green and change the stickers.

John Deere 2012 BB3272 Blades

Reactions: Buster

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
My guess? (and it is just that, a guess): That is the Woods OEM color and they probably made the BB. So its just cheaper now to change the stickers rather than paint it green and change the stickers.

Or, is it painted JD Industrial yellow? My own opinion though is with Kenny - it's cheaper.

Don

Reactions: Buster and Gizmo2

·
Registered
386 Posts
No one would discuss why there is no longer a John Deere tedder just Frontier. They may be owned by the same parent company but I see frontier on the implement and the web document is what says John Deere. I think there is a difference, certainly something like a disc mower where there is Deer product and a Frontier product the sales personnel lead one to think parts support will be better on the Deere one among other things.

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts

For the price we pay for green paint that's just pathetic that Deere and Woods might be too cheap to paint Frontier branded equipment JD green now.

Heck, on my last few visits to my JD dealer I see Bush Hog is offering green paint in addition to their standard red.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woods color for sure. The blade is great. I was just mad that I paid for green and got mustard color. Very heavy unit. Like the ADD type I am, masked all the stickers off meticulously and then shot it with JD green from Lowes.:yahoo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts