Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first come to the GTT site, I log in. Then, when I write and try to post a response or a new thread, or even look at a picture in a discussion, I get a message that I am not logged in. When I log in then (for the second time), one of two things happens. One, if I'm lucky, I am allowed to post or look at the picture. Or, second, I'm unlucky, and get redirected back to the forums home page and have to start completely over. If I've been preparing a post, it's gone, never to be recovered.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I got lucky this time, but about an hour ago I lost another post with an implement question.

·
Administrator
20,135 Posts
As Blake said, make sure to check the "remember me" box as you are logging in. :good2:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Your not the only one. This just happened to me.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Your not the only one. This just happened to me.
When I first come to the GTT site, I log in. Then, when I write and try to post a response or a new thread, or even look at a picture in a discussion, I get a message that I am not logged in. When I log in then (for the second time), one of two things happens. One, if I'm lucky, I am allowed to post or look at the picture. Or, second, I'm unlucky, and get redirected back to the forums home page and have to start completely over. If I've been preparing a post, it's gone, never to be recovered.
Be sure to post the operating system and web browser as well when there are site issues. Without those two things it is like trouble shooting a tractor without knowing the model or engine.

·
Registered
20,804 Posts
Be sure to post the operating system and web browser as well when there are site issues. Without those two things it is like trouble shooting a tractor without knowing the model or engine.
And also if you are trying to use a phone to access the forum.....sorry - had to say it.....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. I am using several computers, and have the same issues with all. I am not using a cell phone. And, I always click on the "remember me" box when I first get to the site and log in.

Computer number one is using Windows 10, and I use one of three browsers with it, depending on what I initially go to the computer to do. They are Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. I am not using any additional security programs like Mcafee or Norton.

Computer number two is also running Windows 10. I only use Chrome on it.

Computer number three is still running Windows 8. And still using Microsoft Explorer.

I'm currently on Computer number one, with Mozilla, and have checked the "remember me" box, so let's see if this reply gets posted this time.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm on another Windows 10 computer using the Chrome browser. Just logged in and clicked "remember me. I'm doing some tests to try to determine if the problem with double login is on my end somewhere. Unfortunately there's no way to do that without creating posts on the forum. Sorry if it bothers anyone.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, that seemed to work as well. I'd like to try looking at a picture to see if that works as well. If someone would be kind enough to post a picture on this thread, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Administrator
20,135 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,183 Posts
It sounds like what's happening to you was the same thing that happened to me when the new password thing had to be done. If you go back and re-read and follow the directions to the letter and go through the process and then save the changes in the new password area you should be good to go. I did the change the password thing but my mistake was in not using the password they gave me as my password before I put in the password I wanted in the change password area. It took me about 4 tries to finally get it right and understand it for what it was. Instead of reading the instructions, I was reading between the lines to make it read what I thought it was saying and not reading everything on the new password page and understanding it. As for losing what you wrote in the reply post, you can go back to it and hit the "auto saved" to bring it back up. The picture thing you are going through is the same thing I went through during this process. I thought it was the site or the computer when all along it was me doing it wrong. I re-read my email they sent me with the new password at least 3 times before I finally got it right. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Thanks very much. Picture viewing worked fine. Windows 8 and Chrome browser. I'm done with this thread. I appreciate all the suggestions and help.
Glad you got it figured out. If you had to correct something on your end please let everyone know what it is that you did. There may be someone in the future that has the same issue and this thread can help them out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts