Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have 250' of side hill road frontage that is completely clear of objects with the exception of my fieldstone mailbox pillar. Yesterday when I was mowing with my new X584 the rear wheels suddenly lost traction and the tractor did a fast 90 degree swing to the road and slid backwards right into my fieldstone pillar. What are the odds? LOL

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Welcome.

Good news is you weren’t hurt. Hopefully the tractor didn’t get too dinged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Just the first paint scratch. :(
My tractor has the 54" mulch deck. Does an OK job on the grass in the summer but absolutely annihilates the leaves in the fall. That plus the fact that it doesn't blow grass in my wife's flower garden really makes the mulch deck a real keeper for me. Love the X584 tractor! Just traded up this year from an X304

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If thats something you do regularly, get wheel weights.

There seems to be the opinion here and there that rear wheel weights on small tractors dont help with things like this, but having mowed side hills for quite some time, I can tell you that without a doubt, they do help a lot.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Hi all,
I have 250' of side hill road frontage that is completely clear of objects with the exception of my fieldstone mailbox pillar. Yesterday when I was mowing with my new X584 the rear wheels suddenly lost traction and the tractor did a fast 90 degree swing to the road and slid backwards right into my fieldstone pillar. What are the odds? LOL
Either the pillar or the tractor needed their first scratch. And of 'course you needed to learn an lesson and live through it to tell others what can happen. :dunno: :unknown: :good2: :laugh:

Been there, done that comes to mind. :hide:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Either the pillar or the tractor needed their first scratch. And of 'course you needed to learn an lesson and live through it to tell others what can happen. :dunno: :unknown: :good2: :laugh:

Been there, done that comes to mind. :hide:
You are absolutely right Levi. Was wondering what my first post would be on this forum. Suddenly I knew exactly what it would be. :good2:

·
Registered
402 Posts
John Deere know there is going to be some scratches on their famous equipment, and that is the reason a stock heavy on that famous green and yellow paint. However, you have any option on buying the paint. Instead of paying the dealers heavy price, you can go to Lowe's and get the same paint(exact matching color) for about 1/2 the dealers cost. On the can it says...John Deere Green and Yellow. It's called "Farm Implement" made by Rust-Oleum. You best buy two (2) cans each, for you will be needing it sooner or later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John Deere know there is going to be some scratches on their famous equipment, and that is the reason a stock heavy on that famous green and yellow paint. However, you have any option on buying the paint. Instead of paying the dealers heavy price, you can go to Lowe's and get the same paint(exact matching color) for about 1/2 the dealers cost. On the can it says...John Deere Green and Yellow. It's called "Farm Implement" made by Rust-Oleum. You best buy two (2) cans each, for you will be needing it sooner or later.
Great advice Kbeaag! Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts