Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front draft link thing doesn’t stay on at all. Had some issues with the auto connect and the bar got bent. Bought a new one and now it just falls off. I’m not really sure what is supposed to be holding it on there. The bolt slides to the left as it moves and the whole thing comes undone. Seems like a not great design. Frustrating!
Thanks to anyone that can help!

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Just to make absolutely sure, the bolts that hold these rings in place have to be backed out before installing the draft link in position. They keep the draft link from popping out.

6f73f32aaf1398714509cf654a1cadfb.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Not at my mower deck , but I think the spring is suppose to be down where the other spring is connected.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have never taken mine apart before but from the looks it appears the u-bolts go in after the draft link is in place. Once u-bolt is in place I don’t think the draft link can come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
It seems to work OK on the 60D with springs in this configuration, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had this setup wrong too ... :laugh:

20190616_113221.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
After looking closer ,,I'm wrong, but agree with Teaparty060970 , you need to look at the catch at the Right side of your photo.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
look at the damage / marring on the green hooks on the deck that hold it in place, you've got some major impact going on that you shouldn't, which is the root of the issue.

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
look at the damage / marring on the green hooks on the deck that hold it in place, you've got some major impact going on that you shouldn't, which is the root of the issue.
As you stated, some major impact.

to me looks like the R side of his picture the hook in question. It seems to be on a angle 3-5% bent in toward the left hand side.

Look at your posting where you put the red box see how your box is straight and the j hook is bent inward

What did you hit to cause this damage

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
The springs are fine.
The green hooks have to be parallel to each other, and not bent forward, which will allow too much gap between the draft arm and the J hook. It's hard to tell from the angle of your picture if the right hand one is bent. The dent in the lower cross brace between the green hooks may have pulled the right one (in your picture) towards the other one.

As mentioned, the J are removed, then the draft arm is set in, then re-install the J hooks. If the J hooks are worn (flattened where they ride against the draft arm) the arm will come out.

Again, hard to tell what all has happened in your picture.

2019-06-16 18.16.11.png

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
The dent that is in the bottom flange on the deck between the two mounting arms, appears to have knocked the two vertical mounting points out of square with one another. I would pull the deck out from under the machine and measure the two mounting points which Kyle has circled and see if they are square to one another. Also, use a square and measure their proximity to one another and the deck. If possible, Take some pictures while you are checking square and measuring which you can post that show the results.
'
The dent in the lowest brace between the two mounting points could have really tweaked the alignment of those two "arms". If the arms are not square to each other and the front of the deck, that's going to make and remain connected much harder. It could be a matter of pounding the dent down and re-squaring the mounting points. But make sure just how far off they and if they are before modifying anything.....The pictures make it look crooked but pictures can be deceiving.

Whatever was hit with the leading edge of the deck must have been solid. To bend such a short piece of steel between two vertical posts would have taken quite an impact......

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
theres been a couple threads about this same issue in the last month

You should be able to swap sides with the J hooks and get a tighter fit as it appears they just wear on one side.

Or...Buy new hooks...seems they were cheap.

If you find the other thread about this it lists part #'s and prices as I recall.

The other fellow had bent the U shaped bar a bit and that was causing problems.

Your situation ....You may have multiple parts that are only slightly tweeked but not fitting proper .

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
The dent that is in the bottom flange on the deck between the two mounting arms, appears to have knocked the two vertical mounting points out of square with one another. I would pull the deck out from under the machine and measure the two mounting points which Kyle has circled and see if they are square to one another. Also, use a square and measure their proximity to one another and the deck. If possible, Take some pictures while you are checking square and measuring which you can post that show the results.
'
The dent in the lowest brace between the two mounting points could have really tweaked the alignment of those two "arms". If the arms are not square to each other and the front of the deck, that's going to make and remain connected much harder. It could be a matter of pounding the dent down and re-squaring the mounting points. But make sure just how far off they and if they are before modifying anything.....The pictures make it look crooked but pictures can be deceiving.

Whatever was hit with the leading edge of the deck must have been solid. To bend such a short piece of steel between two vertical posts would have taken quite an impact......
Very true. That brace not only keeps the arms square, it serves as the support of the front edge of the deck when driving onto it. It's not over-built, but it's pretty solid.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
theres been a couple threads about this same issue in the last month

You should be able to swap sides with the J hooks and get a tighter fit as it appears they just wear on one side.

Or...Buy new hooks...seems they were cheap.

If you find the other thread about this it lists part #'s and prices as I recall.

The other fellow had bent the U shaped bar a bit and that was causing problems.

Your situation ....You may have multiple parts that are only slightly tweeked but not fitting proper .
Now that you mentioned it Duke:

60D front draft arm hooks keep falling out

In this post, the J bolts swapping sides didn't help.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts