Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to the obvious reasons, here's an example of why lots of men don't want to watch Hallmark movies.

The image below shows five consecutive archery shots from two women during their dialog in the movie my wife was watching earlier this evening. (Look at the number and location of the arrows...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
That’s why I loved 24. Usually a death in the first minute.

Also liked the one western movie where the guy yelled out the door who was surrounded and asked if so and so was there. Yep he is right here they said so he shot him.

Ah good times.:munch:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I had to sit through countless Hallmark movies this holiday season with the old lady...
Kept her busy while I surfed gtt and other sites.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This is one of the reasons my wife & I get along so well. She has her TV room & I have mine. The only time we watch TV together is for the few minutes when we eat together at the bar in the kitchen, or if we are staying at a motel. This has been the case for at least 37 out of the 43 years we have been married.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I had to sit through countless Hallmark movies this holiday season with the old lady...
Kept her busy while I surfed gtt and other sites.
Yup, quality time together, her watching Hallmark movies and me surfing GTT and YouTube.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Mrs. P's Birthday yesterday so out to dinner and a movie last night. Great Mexican food and "Mary Queen of Scots" movie. Hard of hearing me could only understand half of the dialogue due to English/ Scottish accents and poor theatre sound quality..................Good times!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Mrs. P's Birthday yesterday so out to dinner and a movie last night. Great Mexican food and "Mary Queen of Scots" movie. Hard of hearing me could only understand half of the dialogue due to English/ Scottish accents and poor theatre sound quality..................Good times!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
You have a myriad of sympathetic ears!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
She doesn't watch the Hallmark channel. She watches the screaming housewives shows. Half of them ain't even married and why do they have to yell so dang much?:banghead:

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
She doesn't watch the Hallmark channel. She watches the screaming housewives shows. Half of them ain't even married and why do they have to yell so dang much?:banghead:
Talk about a bunch of rode hard, put away wet looking .............specimens......No wonder the marriage rate is at all time low, not to mention the U.S. had the lowest birthrate last year in about 100 years. Young men see a whiff of that crap and apparently some figure they don't want to be subjected to that shrill nonsense. Can't blame them.

A misogynist is supposedly a man who hates women. Misandry is the hatred of men / boys. Hallmark channel and especially the Lifetime channel is dripping is misandrist opinions and behavior.

The other channel which really bugs me is Oprah's channel. Last night Mrs. Bear was watching some nonsense, I think it might have been Law and Order or something and they had a commercial on for "Growing up Hippitty Hoppity" ......or some other similarly stupid, pointless show. Now, I am very well versed in "Urban Language" and in fact, speak it extremely well to the point of being able to get most rolling on the floor laughing. However, I even had trouble understanding what was being said on that show.

The Hallmark Channel and Lifetime Channel both are so focused on their narrative of strong women who have trouble with men because of their power / profession / that many of the shows end up being "Rinse and Repeat" of previous versions.

Hey, I like women......and I have many women friends, but the man bashing which goes on in so many of those movies is enough to cause some men to even question themselves........Guy's, don't let a misandry narrative cause you to doubt yourselves. Women still like the strong, silent types.:laugh::lol:

(note, I even spelled misogyny and misandry correctly, so that's impressive.....):laugh::lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Talk about a bunch of rode hard, put away wet looking .............specimens......No wonder the marriage rate is at all time low, not to mention the U.S. had the lowest birthrate last year in about 100 years. Young men see a whiff of that crap and apparently some figure they don't want to be subjected to that shrill nonsense. Can't blame them.

A misogynist is supposedly a man who hates women. Misandry is the hatred of men / boys. Hallmark channel and especially the Lifetime channel is dripping is misandrist opinions and behavior.

The other channel which really bugs me is Oprah's channel. Last night Mrs. Bear was watching some nonsense, I think it might have been Law and Order or something and they had a commercial on for "Growing up Hippitty Hoppity" ......or some other similarly stupid, pointless show. Now, I am very well versed in "Urban Language" and in fact, speak it extremely well to the point of being able to get most rolling on the floor laughing. However, I even had trouble understanding what was being said on that show.

The Hallmark Channel and Lifetime Channel both are so focused on their narrative of strong women who have trouble with men because of their power / profession / that many of the shows end up being "Rinse and Repeat" of previous versions.

Hey, I like women......and I have many women friends, but the man bashing which goes on in so many of those movies is enough to cause some men to even question themselves........Guy's, don't let a misandry narrative cause you to doubt yourselves. Women still like the strong, silent types.:laugh::lol:

(note, I even spelled misogyny and misandry correctly, so that's impressive.....):laugh::lol:
When I started reading this thread I thought Hallmark movies where what the Lifetime channel played. I usually just go outside and smoke a cigar after dinner.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

I see this gaslighting and subterfuge in nearly anything "filmed" in the last ten years, sit com's, movies and advertisements.
I don't buy it and all it is doing is feeding a very cold anger in my psyche.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Christmas this. Christmas that, Christmas here, Christmas there.......................... well you get the idea. Someway, shape or form, boy meets girl, fall in love, BLAH,BLAH, BLAH! :boring:

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts

I learned two new words today, but I doubt I'll remember them, let alone be able to spell them :mocking:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I like Hallmark movies!! I'm secure in my manhood that I can watch a hallmark movie, cry in some of them and still call myself a man. I do dishes, laundry, vacuum, clean toilets, make meals...whatever it takes. And yes I'm proud of all that. Last night I went to bed before my time but I did so because Lucy wanted me too so she could touch me and know I was close by. She went to sleep in less then 5 minutes after I joined her. So yep, I enjoy Hallmark movies!!!!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I learned two new words today, but I doubt I'll remember them, let alone be able to spell them :mocking:
How about......... Yes dear! :lolol:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I like Hallmark movies!! I'm secure in my manhood that I can watch a hallmark movie, cry in some of them and still call myself a man. I do dishes, laundry, vacuum, clean toilets, make meals...whatever it takes. And yes I'm proud of all that. Last night I went to bed before my time but I did so because Lucy wanted me too so she could touch me and know I was close by. She went to sleep in less then 5 minutes after I joined her. So yep, I enjoy Hallmark movies!!!!
Levi, you're a great man. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts