Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Hate to see that, but unfortunately it seems to be a common issue with that particular outfit.

Hopefully you can return it without getting hit too hard on the shipping cost.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,158 Posts
Not sure what we are looking at?? What attachment is it?
Either way it still doesn't look good.

Reactions: 636mullet

·
Registered
456 Posts
What is it? Who made it? Most importantly did you contact the manufacturer and are they resolving the problem?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Not sure what we are looking at?? What attachment is it?
Either way it still doesn't look good.
I was just about to reply with a similar response, I'm not really sure what I am looking at or where the perceived problem is - other than what appears to be a loader upper quick attach mount with excessive clearance. What is the attachment? Who is it from?

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
That is a Titan attachments JD Global quick connect attachment. The spacing between the upper and lower attachment points is too far, so with the lower pins hooked the top hooks won't sit in place, or with the top hooks set correctly the lower pin won't lock.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,158 Posts
Someone should hide this thread from Artillian. This kind of stuff drives him nuts, drives me nuts as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Titan USA.....tractor attachements and fitness equipment all in 1 place. Must mean quality.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
The title should be changed on this thread. The word "eBay" for "Titan."

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The title should be changed on this thread. The word "eBay" for "Titan."
Isn't Titan a new vendor here? If the thread is titled properly maybe they will join the discussion and make it right.

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
Isn't Titan a new vendor here? If the thread is titled properly maybe they will join the discussion and make it right.
No, Titan is not a vendor here. There was a mixup.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I know there is a bash Titan at all costs on this site, but my family owns 3 Titan John Deere loader attachments that we use on 400 loaders.
They all fit well & work fine for us.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As previously posted it is a pallet fork for a JD global loader 553. Sorry I did not get to finish my thought when originally posting due to an interruption at work. The company selling this wants me to get a quote from a fabricator to add so shims to take up the extra space and if it is reasonable they would send me the cost to add the shims. The extra space is an issue but what I am hacked off about is that the lower pin will not automatically slide into place as it is designed to. So now I have to get off the tractor an extra time when I swap out attachments. I would have paid the difference in price from this pallet fork to a set that works properly just for the convenience of not getting out of the seat a second time. Not sure how I am going to handle this. I will need to haul my tractor to a fabricator to do this. The fuel and time to do that is another expense for me to fix their poor quality control issue. I am tempted to wedge these into my Honda civic, drive to Tn and throw the forks through their window.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Will they refund your money if you ship it back?

While Titan does occasionally produce a product that works, their track record and response to customer issues speaks volumes for whatever company they're known as this week. (skidsteer express, atv express, palletforks,com, etc...)

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
I know there is a bash Titan at all costs on this site, but my family owns 3 Titan John Deere loader attachments that we use on 400 loaders.
I don't speak for all if GTT, but I don't believe it's a "bash Titan at all costs" here. If you are happy with your purchases, that's all that matters. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I don't speak for all of GTT or TBN, but there seems to be a disproportionate number of really poor craftsmanship issues related to Titan. We don't hear those about other manufacturers. No one is out to get them, but the proof is seeming to be getting harder and harder to ignore. That, combined with some rather shrewd marketing attempts in the past makes me say:

RED FLAG!!!!

????????????

??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: glc and Gizmo2

·
127 Posts
It's a shame that this company has treated you like this over what I assume to be a somewhat substantial purchase -- it's not like you bought a hat or something from them!

We are in the process of expanding our Tractor Attachment line-up to carry more brands and as we've been discovering and contacting new manufacturers and distributors out there, we always seem to come across a company like this that has a less than stellar reputation. As you can imagine, the last thing we want as a dealer is to send equipment like this to a customer and not be able to stand behind it!

We really hope they can make this right for you!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to see photos of the attachments that you bought from titan. Specifically the area where the implement attaches to the loader. This would provide proof to them that they can get a product to me that will work as it should.

·
Registered
153 Posts
sorry to see that. Took me 2 looks to figure out what it was.
Hope they make it right for you. Maybe tell them you'll agree to have have local fab shop correct it but you'll need compensated for the work as well as the transport costs. Be reasonable of course, if you want any chance for this to work out ok for you.
I'd save tossing thru their window for last resort. But I get that instinctive reaction. Best of luck getting it resolved.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts