Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have/had orange yellow blue and green I like green for very good dealer service/parts sales I find the green much more comfortable and easy to work than other brands same class/year :flag_of_truce:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
20 miles radius in my area i have huge dealers for Kubota,Bobcat,Newholland,Mahindra and 2 Deere
Actually I picked JD back in 1988. Back then the others could not begin to compare with the Deere. I just stuck with it.
Over the years JD/dealer has been good to me and that means a lot to me.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
At the time it was the closest dealership. That has all since changed and water under the bridge.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
My tractors are red.
:unknown: Not one green one? So, what compels you to be a member? Not there is anything wrong with it, I am just missing the connection.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Green is what I grew up on! I have ran/ operated numerous brands and I like John Deere the best. My money goes to what I am comfortable with. My Uncle, which had a very large farm had all John Deere's (other than the 2 Oliver's he started with)and I guess have stuck with them as stated, what I grew up on (although my wife says I will never grow up when it comes to tractors:lol:).

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Had (actually still have) a 1986 180 Lawn tractor that still runs/drives like a top....so when it came time for something bigger I looked at Green first.

Between all the brands - the 1025R SCUT was more expensive, but MUCH more convenient to use/operate than the other brands. Loader removal/install, MMM install/removal, etc. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My first tractor was bought new in 1996 and is a NH 1920. That tractor is still going strong today and we use it on a regular basis. I have operated several different brands over the years, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, Mahindra, etc and originally looked at NH for the new tractor purchase. The dealer here for NH had been in business for as long as I can remember and something happened with a buyout that turned me a different direction. After looking at the JD tractors and comparing price and options I decided that JD green would be my next tractor. I also have 4 servicing dealers within 50 miles so that was a +. IMO, the controls and ride of the JD was far better than the other brands I had looked at.

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Last spring when I started seriously looking I looked into tractors from Deere, New Holland, Yanmar/Cub Cadet, Koiti, Mahindra and Kubota. Sent requests for info on specific models to all of the dealers in my area. I only got responses from the Deere and Mahindra dealers. I guess the others didn't want to sell me one?

So I sent the Deere & Mahindra dealers specific configurations for models and asked for pricing. Prices ended up being almost identical for comparable (specifications-wise) machines.

So why not go with a known big-name brand instead of a company I'd never heard of? And to be honest, when I started out I really had my heart set on the Yanmar/CubCadet Ex3200. But if the dealer can't be bothered to talk to me, why should I give them my money?

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I grew up on a farm and the only thing John Deere we had was the 4 row corn planter. No monitor or any other bells and whistles of any kind. Ran Deutz tractors and an Oliver 1650, had a White brand tractor as well. I actually learned to drive a tractor on the White. My grandfather traded the White in on a DX-90 Deutz, then bought the Oliver to mount the front mount cultivator when he found out he couldn't use a rear mount one. I however always liked the John Deere tractors that some of the neighbors had. My dad and grandfather always said they were just over priced.

When I started looking at SCUT/CUT tractors I looked at Deere, Kubota, Mahindra, Massey and New Holland. New Holland didn't have a dealer anywhere near so they were out. Mahindra dealer went out of business. Massey didn't have the accessories I wanted. I have two Deere dealers within 20 minutes, drive by one every day on my way to and from work. Kubota dealer is right in town. I sat on and drove a Deere 1025r, 2025r and 2032r. I really longed for a 2520, but by the time I was ready to buy, Deere quit making that model 2 series. 2032r was great, but a tad to big physically and price wise for me. I made the mistake of driving a BX2670 after I drive the Deere tractors. BIG difference. 1025r was more comfortable. More user firiendly features. The Kubota dealer had only sold Kubota for about a year as well. I knew more about what they were selling than they did. Deere dealer I bought my tractor from is part of a chain yes, but my location only sells sizes up to the 4 series. Want one bigger, go 1 mile down the road to the AG dealer. Service guy at Deere dealership is a real honest guy. Sales guy is as well. Parts guy needs to do some research on the SCUTs a bit more, but overall really happy.

Bottom line. Deere had the features I wanted, in a size I wanted, at a price I wanted, with good service after the sale. Most importantly, I get to say I own a John Deere tractor now. :good2:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last spring when I started seriously looking I looked into tractors from Deere, New Holland, Yanmar/Cub Cadet, Koiti, Mahindra and Kubota. Sent requests for info on specific models to all of the dealers in my area. I only got responses from the Deere and Mahindra dealers. I guess the others didn't want to sell me one?

So I sent the Deere & Mahindra dealers specific configurations for models and asked for pricing. Prices ended up being almost identical for comparable (specifications-wise) machines.

So why not go with a known big-name brand instead of a company I'd never heard of? And to be honest, when I started out I really had my heart set on the Yanmar/CubCadet Ex3200. But if the dealer can't be bothered to talk to me, why should I give them my money?
I am bias towards Kubota , i am a member of Orange tractor too but the dealers are real nasty I find kubotas better for price but deere more easy to work with

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
When I started all this with tractors over 25 years ago Deere was the only dealer around. Everywhere you went all you saw were Deere from lawn mowers to combines (but very little farming around here). In the woods it was only Deere skidders and dozers. There really was no choice. But quickly became proud to own a Deere and was treated great by the only dealer around. Now as RandyM said - all that has changed. The nearest Deere dealer is over 2 hours away - there is a Kubota dealer 65 miles away. I really don't know what I would do right now if I were in the market for a tractor.

Then if you drive an 80 miles or so north of me on the other side of the mountains (long ride) it is Kubota territory. There's been one big Kubota dealer up there for many years. If you travel through that area all you see is orange.

To me, setting aside certain options and configurations of the different brands, buying from a local dealership that treats you well is more important than the color of the machine. But with that said, I am so happy that I ended up starting with and sticking with Deere. Little things like how easy it is to remove and install the loader, the drive over decks, and the 2 pedal hydro controls.

Names like Cub Cadet, Kioti, Mahindra and the likes I am only aware of because of them being mentioned in forums like this - never have I seen one.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
why the different color for tractors?

37 years ago I bought a c114-8 wheel horse for my first new riding lawn mower. the dealer was 5 min.s down the road from where I lived than. all my family was mad thought I should have green no matter what!! wheel horse gear drivened was $1200.00 less back than,oh no hydraulics on mine too. that's what I ran till 2006 when I bought the 2520, in 1987 bought a used 1954 model 50 to plow snow , my wheel horse just couldn't keep up to the lane where we had moved to in 1985. the 50 had a aftermarket loader on it that was bought at same time as tractor at our then local jd dealer. I don't know the name of it for sure, but it had 2 cylinders one on each side of frame that lifted the poles to lift the bucket, their was cables that was hooked to a pulley on end of cylinder and as it went up it made cable lift the arms or poles to bucket raise to. had a blade come with it also, after buying 2520 took all that off, now just naked tractor.:laugh: I looked hard at a Kubota back then, couldn't get a belly mower in the hp I wanted. my only regret is not getting the 3 series then, money again made me choose the top of hp then, wished list is too big to type now. another reason I choose jd then was parts available for my older machines, but now as them old parts are not that many and not being made whats left on shelf,,price is out of this world. right now I don't what color I would buy. reason ; all little jd dealers were bought up and then merged together, no free pens any more no hats u can only have one calendar now, I know it's the same probably every where u go but it's hard to change when ur used to the old way, unless u are some of a few of very, very large farmers milking also, the only ones going their are us back yard farmer as I call my self I don't blame dealer for sucking up to them guys buying 500,000 dollar combines and tractors and and attachments, I would too. just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts