1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife; have you seen the toaster oven?
nephew (10yrs old); uncle has it in the garage
wife: in the garage?
nephew; yepp, he's using it to bake John Deere parts?
wife; whaaaaaaaatttttttttttt?????

001.JPG 003.JPG

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You may get one of these!:bash:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought a nice big one at Good Will for $9.50! It is currently backing my home made tractor toolbox holder! :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Great post!!!! I never thought to bake my hooks.

Reactions: lindenj

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Wife disclaimer: KBOGH does not condone or approve of this behavior:laugh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wife disclaimer: KBOGH does not condone or approve of this behavior:laugh:
Kenny...its all your fault !!:laugh: its all good....yes heat is the trick for nice paint flow.....150 for 30 minutes.....nicer than factory!....they came out beautiful! :good2:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kenny...its all your fault !!:laugh: its all good....yes heat is the trick for nice paint flow.....150 for 30 minutes.....nicer than factory!....they came out beautiful! :good2:
I do it different, I leave them in for 60 minutes at 300º. That results into a nice pain flow and a subsequent very solid cross linking of the paint. It is almost as good as powder coating!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
First off this belongs in the Cooking forum. Where are all the Moderators?
Second, I thought everyone used the kitchen oven. Just when I thought I had the line on something, someone changes the scenario.

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol @ kitchen oven........ "I love the smell of paint thinners in the morning" :rocket:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Second, I thought everyone used the kitchen oven. Just when I thought I had the line on something, someone changes the scenario.

Life sucks, it is always that way, you never can be ahead!

·
Registered
716 Posts

Don't start using the dishwasher to clean parts.:nunu:

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Don't start using the dishwasher to clean parts.:nunu:
Ha! My dad used to do that very thing. Every six months he'd rebuild the carburetor after disassembly and a run through the dishwasher. :lol: No kidding. He also used to "cook" the thermostat in a pot on the stove to check the temp at which it opened.

Good times! :good2:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha! My dad used to do that very thing. Every six months he'd rebuild the carburetor after disassembly and a run through the dishwasher. :lol: No kidding. He also used to "cook" the thermostat in a pot on the stove to check the temp at which it opened.

Good times! :good2:
we never had a dishwasher but we most certainly cooked allot of thermostats :laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
lol @ kitchen oven........ "I love the smell of paint thinners in the morning" :rocket:
When company comes to call kitchen ettiquet requires that the Tater-Tots go on the rack BELOW the drying parts!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I continue to learn on this forum. I didn't know you could bake your painted parts for a better paint job. the problem I have is that I would need an oven the size of the tractor for some items I would want to bake!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I continue to learn on this forum. I didn't know you could bake your painted parts for a better paint job. the problem I have is that I would need an oven the size of the tractor for some items I would want to bake!
Have you ever checked with a bakery to see if they have used ovens? :laugh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you ever checked with Bckery to see if they hve used ovens? :laugh:
or ask the backery if they wouldnt mind baking some bigger parts for u in their oven? :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts