Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Fall adter purchasing my 1025 i found this tiller used and in great shape. The tines still had some paint on them.
My garden was finally dry enough today to give it a try. The tractor and tiller did a great job.
Now here's the question... My Wife says i'm a moron for buying this tiller to till my garden( i also have a walk behind) I say its perfect. Who's correct? Kent

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Is that all the bigger your garden is? Or are you taking a break?

:hijacked: I used to call my two kids Moe and Ron. I had to stop when my wife figured it out, together they were Morons. :mocking::focus:

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Ask her to do it both ways and then decide.

Then compare what each tilled area looks like.

You my friend are not a moron.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
My wife has used similar words to describe me and my purchases, until she sees how much more time I can spend with her :laugh:

Work smarter, not harder. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
My wife has used similar words to describe me and my purchases, until she sees how much more time I can spend with her :laugh:

Work smarter, not harder. :thumbup1gif:

I try to tell Sweetie that I'm buying stuff so that I can get more done in less time so I can spend it with her too. But then she complains that I'm spending all my extra free time on here on GTT with you jokers! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Does a better job quicker and easier. Also, you got a good deal on a used vs. buying new to do the same.

Now had you gone all out on a new JD... then maybe. But as the cards lay I think you did just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
she must be related to my wife....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,197 Posts
Is that all the bigger your garden is? Or are you taking a break?

:hijacked: I used to call my two kids Moe and Ron. I had to stop when my wife figured it out, together they were Morons. :mocking::focus:
she must be related to my wife....
I try to tell Sweetie that I'm buying stuff so that I can get more done in less time so I can spend it with her too. But then she complains that I'm spending all my extra free time on here on GTT with you jokers! :laugh:
Got to love this place :lol:

kennell, I say, till on. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,767 Posts
Looks like the tiller did a fine job,, Yep walk behind tiller would have done the same job. But I'm pretty sure riding the tractor was a lot , lot easier. :laugh:

Moron :dunno::laugh: maybe like me didn't buy the tractor and tiller till later in life.

Guessing your wife has a vacuum cleaner or some type floor cleaner or you own a automatic washing machine, clothes dryer and many other items to help make her life easier.

Agree these items are used about every day , tiller only a couple times a year.

Just remember the sofa isn't as comfortable as your bed if you mention any of the items I listed. :laugh:

:munch:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have spent a lot of time on here in spells. My wife asked me one time if I was getting sent naked pics on here. Then she asked me how many members were women. I said, “Since they are sending me naked pictures, I hope all of them.”

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I happen to wake up this morning with a twingy pain in my back. You my friend are not a moron! :lolol: Why beat yourself up with a walk-behind?

Or as one of the cartoon buddies say (I think it was Bugs Bunny) you are not a MARROON :laugh:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Your tiller is perfect for any garden, no matter the size. As others have said, why knock yourself out when you can afford to make the job easy.

Wives can be awful judgmental. It's good that you came here to get some unbiased opinions. :lol:

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Looks like the tiller did a fine job,, Yep walk behind tiller would have done the same job. But I'm pretty sure riding the tractor was a lot , lot easier. :laugh:

Moron :dunno::laugh: maybe like me didn't buy the tractor and tiller till later in life.

Guessing your wife has a vacuum cleaner or some type floor cleaner or you own a automatic washing machine, clothes dryer and many other items to help make her life easier.

Agree these items are used about every day , tiller only a couple times a year.

Just remember the sofa isn't as comfortable as your bed if you mention any of the items I listed. :laugh:

:munch:
Words of wisdom from a man that's been married for many years! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
My gal is a good one....when i buy something tractor/implement/gun etc..... She asks "should i be excited about this purchase" ....i usually answer yes.... and she gets excited about it...

I imagine the resale value on the Tiller.........is higher than the resale value on the wife... :)

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
My wife just found out yesterday I bought the core aerator. Her mom was with me when they put it in my truck but she thought I was just renting it. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts