Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
I ended up having to buy a second tractor. A month ago I had a John Deere 4400 to go along with our 4310. Going to move the front mount snowblower from the 4310 to the 4400 which has a cab for the snow removal machine and the 4310 is going to keep the front end loader on it for moving round bales and switching out the bucket for the plow to move snow inside the horse paddock.

This spring couldn't figure out how horse poop was outside the paddock and pastures. Come to find out my wife was using the snowblower to clean the paddock in the winter. :laugh:
After market or homemade cab on your 4400?

Snow blowing poop...:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Not mine.

My wife drove the x485 and decided the yard was to "slopey" for her to be comfortable mowing. She has used it to pull the dump cart to haul your weeds and trimmings to the brush pile. But she will never mow.

I see no second L&G tractor here. Had the JD 285 not been stolen, it would have been retired to mowing around the barn at the farm, which gets done a few times a year with a push mower.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Talked mine in to buying a 1025 with Mauser cab for cabin up north. Using the older Craftsman with blower is a bit of work stick shifting. Told her 1025 will be much easier with hydro.

Last year I had to run up there, do the drive and come back so the girls could get to barn to dig the snowmobiles out for their girl trip.

The other day I mentioned running up again this year to get drive open, she said that won't be needed with new tractor. She could do it.

Told her it is a John Deere, not a Joanna Deere. :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
After market or homemade cab on your 4400?

Snow blowing poop...:lol:
It's got the Curtis cab with hard doors. Doesn't have a heater but this will still be a huge step up from last year with a open cab. With the horses snow blowing increased quite a bit to maintain a path to the hay and paddock maintenance. Didn't seem to matter sooner or later you were had the wind in your face. Plan to eventually add a heater.

Good thing is shouldn't have to punish the blower this year cleaning the paddock. This one came with a QA loader plow mount so I will use that on the 4310.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I can only imagine

It's got the Curtis cab with hard doors. Doesn't have a heater but this will still be a huge step up from last year with a open cab. With the horses snow blowing increased quite a bit to maintain a path to the hay and paddock maintenance. Didn't seem to matter sooner or later you were had the wind in your face. Plan to eventually add a heater.

Good thing is shouldn't have to punish the blower this year cleaning the paddock. This one came with a QA loader plow mount so I will use that on the 4310.
Snow blowing on an open tractor just sounds brutal. Plowing is bad enough, having a constant drift of blown snow covering you just seems extreme. On the other hand, I've never run a blower but it looks like fun from a warm, heated cab.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Snow blowing on an open tractor just sounds brutal. Plowing is bad enough, having a constant drift of blown snow covering you just seems extreme. On the other hand, I've never run a blower but it looks like fun from a warm, heated cab.

Treefarmer
Agreed, running a blower from a warm cab does seem like it's be fun. But to me, snow blowing and plowing are two tasks that seem like they'd be fun... until you actually start doing it. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Plowing is ok

Agreed, running a blower from a warm cab does seem like it's be fun. But to me, snow blowing and plowing are two tasks that seem like they'd be fun... until you actually start doing it. :laugh:
I don't mind plowing, especially snow that's light and plows well. Wet heavy snow that sticks to the blade gets frustrating. Wet heavy snow with ice mixed in just sucks. If we got more snow, I'd figure out a blade setup for the front end so the tractor wasn't driving over the snow before the blade clears it.

Treefarmer

Oops, had a typo of blowing instead of plowing in the original. My bad for sure.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,145 Posts
came home yesterday and this is what I found, oh no :cray::confused:
when I got home today, she had already been out, opens the door and ask me how to turn the heat down in the cab...……...this just isn't right.
Sorry for your loss. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts

when I got home today, she had already been out, opens the door and ask me how to turn the heat down in the cab...……...this just isn't right.

Guess it time for a 2nd tractor In Your House as well:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Still better than shoveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Are you speaking from experience, you know, since you aren't allowed on the tractors anymore. :lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts

11 seconds, that’s all it took to convince me I need extensions for my blade. Luckily for my checkbook, it’ll take longer than that to convince me I need a cab.

Great video, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
11 seconds, that’s all it took to convince me I need extensions for my blade. Luckily for my checkbook, it’ll take longer than that to convince me I need a cab.

Great video, thanks!
The Man that has always used a snowblower now wants to Plow. So In Your case it's Got to be Playing. Goldilocks the First :laugh:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts