Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,771 Posts
Prayers to you and your wife for a full recovery and safe travels for you...remember to take care of yourself , while your wife is receiving the care she needs.

Good to hear you work for a great company that cares about family matters. Sounds like you're a person in the eyes of the company you work for and not # .:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
. Take care of your self too. A 2 hour drive will take it's toll, be careful, don't drive tired.
Excellent advice.

Wishing for the best outcome possible for your wife. I think everyone one here knows how helpful and knowledgeable you are and we also know how hard good people are to come by. It sounds like your dealer understands both of these as well.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. After 3 weeks in acute care it looks like she is gonna make a break for it! All tests, blood work ect came back clean. She is as mobile as she was before hand. She said she hasn't felt this good in months. She very very seldom ever cusses.. Last night she stated " I'm ready to get the hell outta here!" lol. So hopefully tomorrow we are gonna r-u-n-n o-f-t! Thanks again gang.. It means a lot.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I got to this thread a bit late, but overjoyed about the latest news. Glad things are looking brighter, and the best day ever is leaving the hospital under your own power.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Remember that family is always first and glad your employer understands that too.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Also late to the thread

I'm also late to the thread but happy she is getting sprung from jail, er hospital. I'm sure that will take at least the driving load off of you.

Thoughts and prayers for continued recovery coming your way. Please don't overdo it yourself taking care of her at home.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. After 3 weeks in acute care it looks like she is gonna make a break for it! All tests, blood work ect came back clean. She is as mobile as she was before hand. She said she hasn't felt this good in months. She very very seldom ever cusses.. Last night she stated " I'm ready to get the hell outta here!" lol. So hopefully tomorrow we are gonna r-u-n-n o-f-t! Thanks again gang.. It means a lot.

Good news, xcopterdoc. Both of you will feel better when your home.

·
Premium Member
13,771 Posts
xcopterdoc Great news.:bigthumb:but continued prayers.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Sending thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for your wife, and that the family continues to help with the workload, after she is home.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts

That’s great news!

I can relate - last fall my wife spent 9 days in a hospital 3 hours away - 5 of which were in the ICU. The trips killed me. How fortunate you are to have an employer that understands about family and works with you.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I mentioned in another thread of my wife being in the hospital.
She is still in an acute care facility but she is doing much better. She had/has many things working against her but somehow she is doing well.
She was also her Mothers care giver also. Ms Helen is 91. We call her the energizer bunny! Lol.
My wife's medical issues, trying to attend 24/7 to her Mom took it's toll. So we put in place family members to assume the load off of my wife so she and I can concentrate on her well being. It's been a ride.
Our faith in the Lord has once again showed us that anything is possible.
I work for a fantastic company that has allowed me to adjust my hrs so I can get in my hours and make a 2hr drive per day. I was worried about running out of vacation and sick time to cover my time off. The reply was. .Dont worry about it.. Yur covered.
Just thought I would fill you all in. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Late to this post. :pray: coming your way.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Wife is doing well. Blood sugar is well under control. Foot is healing well thanks to the wound care folks that come and see her.
But on another note. While she was still in the acute care hospital an hour away, our head sales guy came up to me. He asked about my wife ect. He handed me a well worn bank type envelope and said, here stick this in yur pocket.. I've been where you've been. I said thank you and at first refused. But he wasn't having that. So I stuck it in my pocket and rocked on. Later at the hospital I opened it and found $200. I showed my wife and we both teared up. I didn't spend the money. Yesterday I told him that. But..I told him what I would do is pay it forward.. If another employee was in the pickle I was..I would pass it on. He thought that was a great idea. He said he had been carrying that in his wallet for quite some time for emergency or whatever. So now..I get to pass it on.
Sorry for the long post.. Just wanted to share that I work with great people and the Lord is always looking out for us.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
What a terrific post to read first thing in the morning! It's great that your wife is doing well and I admire your generous intent to pay it forward. :thumbup1gif:

I bet your head salesman is very successful. He sounds like a truly good person who cares about others and that's the salesman we all want to deal with.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
What a terrific post to read first thing in the morning! It's great that your wife is doing well and I admire your generous intent to pay it forward. :thumbup1gif:

I bet your head salesman is very successful. He sounds like a truly good person who cares about others and that's the salesman we all want to deal with.
X2--can't say anything better than this:bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
That was a nice post to read, glad I left it for the start of my day, sort of puts things in perspective

Thanks for the update xcopterdoc

21 - 40 of 44 Posts