Green Tractor Talk banner

Wildfire 4 post double lift

1314 Views 27 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  tj1
Well, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lift for the garage. Went with Wildfire 4 post double car 10K lift. Not a cheap investment but it will free up a lot of floor space in my garage. I really only needed a boat/trailer lift but as my garage is laid out, this double car is going to keep a post from being right in the middle of the floor. Thing came in 2 parts and weighed in at almost 4k lbs. Picked it up on Thrus. Will start installing late next week. They say 2 guys about 4 hrs so I am thinking 1 guy & a tractor should take around 8 hrs.
Took a bit to get it loaded due to length. They used 2 forklifts to get it over the fenders on the trailer instead of trying to push it.

Already spent a part of a day moving things around in the shop in order to get this trailer inside as we had a bunch of rain on Friday and in no way would the 2038 lift these. Boat will actually sit on the 1 & 3 runways. I am going to fill in the spaces between the runways so that it becomes a giant platform for storage since boat and trailer only weight in at 4.1k lbs.

My next major purchase is for sure going to be the Hydrosolutions pump & lift cylinders and here is why. I started to take apart the smaller bundle on the trailer Sat. It consists of 2 runways and the 2 main(front/rear) cross supports. No problems picking up the 2 main supports one at a time. Then came the 2 runways which are bolted together so I thought I would just move them together. Just not quite enough lift capacity. Tilt work get it up a tiny bit but nothing beyond that. Both of those runways together are around 1k lbs which with my forks as well is just too much for the 2038. I am sure that with that new setup pump & cylinders it would have been no problem.... I love my 38R but sometimes it's just not enough.

4 Post Car Lifts | Safest, Highest Quality On The Market | Four Post (wildfirelifts.com)

Asphalt Road surface Mode of transport Automotive tire Wood

Shop mess just to get it all inside. Bucket and forks had to stay outside. Going to have to pull almost everything out to get this lift together and in place.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tread

Trying to decide if I want to video entire process or just take photos along the way???
See less
Well, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lift for the garage. Went with Wildfire 4 post double car 10K lift. Not a cheap investment but it will free up a lot of floor space in my garage. I really only needed a boat/trailer lift but as my garage is laid out, this double car is going to keep a post from being right in the middle of the floor. Thing came in 2 parts and weighed in at almost 4k lbs. Picked it up on Thrus. Will start installing late next week. They say 2 guys about 4...
See more
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Video. I've never made a video of anything, but have often later wished I had.
Video. I've never made a video of anything, but have often later wished I had.
See more
I bought a Wildfire lift about 3 years ago and love it! Brad and his dad are awesome and will help you anyway they can. First off, it's better to have 2 people and an engine hoist to put the beast together. My son and I did mine in about 6 or so hours. The engine hoist is almost a must for getting the runways installed. The one with the ram is by far the heaviest. Take your time and it should go flawlessly. There's YouTube videos which will help as well. I moved, so I had to take it apart and reassemble at the new house and it wasn't much faster. I'm very satisfied with the lift and the company.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
See less
I bought a Wildfire lift about 3 years ago and love it! Brad and his dad are awesome and will help you anyway they can. First off, it's better to have 2 people and an engine hoist to put the beast together. My son and I did mine in about 6 or so hours. The engine hoist is almost a must for getting the runways installed. The one with the ram is by far the heaviest. Take your time and it should go flawlessly. There's YouTube videos which will help as well. I moved, so I had to take it apart...
See more
Wayne, thanks for the positive comments. I knew that Wildfire was a good lift and company. Brad was very helpful during the ordering process. I do not have an engine hoist hence the use of the 2038R as I hate to just go out and buy one for just this. And if it takes me 2 days to put it together so be it. Slow and steady for sure
I bought a Wildfire lift about 3 years ago and love it! Brad and his dad are awesome and will help you anyway they can. First off, it's better to have 2 people and an engine hoist to put the beast together. My son and I did mine in about 6 or so hours. The engine hoist is almost a must for getting the runways installed. The one with the ram is by far the heaviest. Take your time and it should go flawlessly. There's YouTube videos which will help as well. I moved, so I had to take it apart and reassemble at the new house and it wasn't much faster. I'm very satisfied with the lift and the company.
View attachment 882880
See less
Wayne, thanks for the positive comments. I knew that Wildfire was a good lift and company. Brad was very helpful during the ordering process. I do not have an engine hoist hence the use of the 2038R as I hate to just go out and buy one for just this. And if it takes me 2 days to put it together so be it. Slow and steady for sure
I bought a Wildfire lift about 3 years ago and love it! Brad and his dad are awesome and will help you anyway they...
See more
Try the Time-lapse feature and setup to take a pic about every 20 seconds...
Fun to watch, like an old Benny Hill clip, and uses alot less disk than a regular vid.
Try the Time-lapse feature and setup to take a pic about every 20 seconds...
Fun to watch, like an old Benny Hill clip, and uses alot less disk than a regular vid.
See more
The process has started. I took yesterday & today off as I had a feeling it was going to take time & I have more than 3 weeks' vacation to spend. I purchased a GoPro Hero 9 Black that I have been doing time lapse recording. I for sure will need advice on how to splice/edit all of the videos together before posting to my youtube.

Anyway, it took about 3 hrs yesterday (1/19) to erect posts & cross members then several more hours unpacking 3 of 4 ramps & positioning/planning for install today.

Had a bit of other stuff to do yesterday so I could not spend the whole day. Jeep needed new windshield, so Safelite came here while I was putting up posts & a set of new tires was installed at tire shop. Only 2 sets of tires in 139K miles so this will be the 3rd & first new windshield. Not too bad I think.

Today, 2 of the 4 ramps installed in about 2.5 hrs. Need to unpack the last one & install it before installing the last & main #1 ramp.

Have 2 photos. #1 is from yesterday evening with posts up and 3 or 4 ramps inside. #2 photo is from this morning with 1/2 of ramps done. Tractor has been a great help !!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Tread

Floor Flooring Wood Composite material Gas
See less
The process has started. I took yesterday & today off as I had a feeling it was going to take time & I have more than 3 weeks' vacation to spend. I purchased a GoPro Hero 9 Black that I have been doing time lapse recording. I for sure will need advice on how to splice/edit all of the videos together before posting to my youtube.

Anyway, it took about 3 hrs yesterday (1/19) to erect posts & cross members then several more hours unpacking 3 of 4 ramps & positioning/planning for install...
See more
Well all 4 runways are in and cables pulled and connected. Still need pump installed. Had a couple of issues today but after talking with Brad @ Wildfire, they have been fixed.

Wood Floor Building Flooring Gas

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire Hood
See less
Well all 4 runways are in and cables pulled and connected. Still need pump installed. Had a couple of issues today but after talking with Brad @ Wildfire, they have been fixed.
See more
How do you get 2 cars on top with only 1 door out front?

Load from the rear or whats the plan?
Reactions: tj1
How do you get 2 cars on top with only 1 door out front?

Load from the rear or whats the plan?
See more
In the photo, is the back door. I have 2 large front doors as well so with the position, I could load one from the front & one from the rear. However, the main focus will be only a boat/trailer on the lift & then I will create some platforms to create storage deck for a lot of stuff that I do not use on a regular basis to get it up off the floor. The boat is a family thing, new in 92, but it needs some work so as it takes up a lot of floor space, I wanted to get it up. It is something that will get done later in the next few years.....
I could have saved a lot of money & purchased just a boat/trailer lift however, I would have ended up with a post right in the middle of my shop floor wasting the space I was looking for.

Here is a layout of the shop floor & where the lift is (its not to scale) but a single car/boat lift in that spot would have created the right front post to be right in the middle of the front door drive in as they are not a wide.

Rectangle Slope Parallel Schematic Font
See less
In the photo, is the back door. I have 2 large front doors as well so with the position, I could load one from the front & one from the rear. However, the main focus will be only a boat/trailer on the lift & then I will create some platforms to create storage deck for a lot of stuff that I do not use on a regular basis to get it up off the floor. The boat is a family thing, new in 92, but it needs some work so as it takes up a lot of floor space, I wanted to get it up. It is something...
See more
Makes sense now.
Have never heard of this "boat trailer " type lift.

Been tempted many times to buy a lift for more storage.......I just need to liquidate instead.

Then maybe...........
Reactions: tj1 and KennyP
Makes sense now.

Been tempted many times to buy a lift for more storage.......I just need to liquidate instead.

Then maybe...........
See more
Dan,

Both Bendpak & Wildfire make a lift more "specific" for boat trailers as they are wider most of the time than a car. Its basically a regular 4 post single car lift but the overall width of the lift is wider & the runways are further apart. They are relatively new with the last 1-2 yrs for style of lift.
The best thing about Wildfire it you do not have to bolt it in place & it comes with wheel dollies so you can move the lift if you need to or want too.
Makes sense now.

Then maybe...........
See less
Dan,

Both Bendpak & Wildfire make a lift more "specific" for boat trailers as they are wider most of the time than a car. Its basically a regular 4 post single car lift but the overall width of the lift is wider & the runways are further apart. They are relatively new with the last 1-2 yrs for style of lift.
The best thing about Wildfire it you do not have to bolt it in place & it comes with wheel dollies so you can move the lift if you need to or want too. [QUOTE="theduke, post: 3964903...
See more
Really cool project. Never enough space. Looking forward to watching you build this out. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Really cool project. Never enough space. Looking forward to watching you build this out. Thanks for taking the time to post.
See more
Yep I'm jealous
Well, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lift for the garage.
Yep I'm jealous
Well, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lift for the garage.
See more
I'm sure yours is only a phone call away. You just gotta get up off that wallet ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Yep I'm jealous
I'm sure yours is only a phone call away. You just gotta get up off that wallet ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Yep I'm jealous
See more
I only have 10 foot ceilings.
  • Sad
Reactions: tj1
See more
That's what I had at my other house and it worked ok all things considered. I was still able to get the GTO on top with room for the Vette underneath. And I could still work under my truck easily if it was on the lift. I noticed they went up almost $1400 in price as well in 3 years.:eek:
That's what I had at my other house and it worked ok all things considered. I was still able to get the GTO on top with room for the Vette underneath. And I could still work under my truck easily if it was on the lift. I noticed they went up almost $1400 in price as well in 3 years.:eek:
See more
OK, we are 98% done. Lift is working correctly. Just need to tie up a few loose ends. Ran my electric directly to panel with 12 gauge extension cord to a 20amp breaker as recommended by Wildfire. Think later I will make an adjustment to the mechanical safety lever. Right now, mine is straight up when locked & with the lift up high, I need a ladder to release it. I followed the directions however after watching some videos they have there's turned down more. I have a few covers to put on & tie up a few things plus put the center walkway panels in place. Cleaned up a lot of the mess. Need a rolling rack to handle lifting wheels & racks lift came on as I want to keep them just incase I need to disassemble...
Now comes getting more organized & getting the boat on the lift. I also need to move a light & add several more as under the lift is very dark. May have to figure out a way to get some light under there. Plus, I need to figure out how to put all of the time lapse video together & post. All in all, I would say I have maybe 18-19hrs in lift, completely doing it by myself.

Building Floor Flooring Gas Engineering

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
See less
OK, we are 98% done. Lift is working correctly. Just need to tie up a few loose ends. Ran my electric directly to panel with 12 gauge extension cord to a 20amp breaker as recommended by Wildfire. Think later I will make an adjustment to the mechanical safety lever. Right now, mine is straight up when locked & with the lift up high, I need a ladder to release it. I followed the directions however after watching some videos they have there's turned down more. I have a few covers to put...
See more
Yesterday was the big day, putting the boat on the lift. Got it on first try thanks to the 2038R. Fits good. I had already adjusted the level of the lift empty but after putting the boat on it, I had to re-level(shorten) the left front due to the extra weight of the boat which stretched the cable there the most. Plus, it was a bite "scary" lifting it 7ft off the floor...I have been out there many times just to "check" on it to make sure its still ok. Had to move one light that you can see in the first photo right over the boat.
Next weekend, I think that I am going to move the lift back about 1 ft so that I can push the boat forward about 2 ft after I come up with a way to support the tounge as it will extend beyond the lift edge. I will then feel a bit better about the overall postion of the boat on the lift.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tripod

Tire Motor vehicle Engineering Bumper Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
See less
Yesterday was the big day, putting the boat on the lift. Got it on first try thanks to the 2038R. Fits good. I had already adjusted the level of the lift empty but after putting the boat on it, I had to re-level(shorten) the left front due to the extra weight of the boat which stretched the cable there the most. Plus, it was a bite "scary" lifting it 7ft off the floor...I have been out there many times just to "check" on it to make sure its still ok. Had to move one light that you can...
See more
AWESOME! (y)
Yesterday was the big day, putting the boat on the lift.
  • Helpful
Reactions: tj1 and trav
AWESOME! (y)
Yesterday was the big day, putting the boat on the lift.
See more
Thank you Sir Giz!! I appreciate it.
Thank you Sir Giz!! I appreciate it.
See more
1 - 20 of 28 Posts