Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Woodmaxx 62H flail mower and it says its 719lbs ish....

Would my 1025R lift it? I'm not sure what the center of gravity is of that mower. But I definitely want the hydraulic offset for mowing around all my junk.
Just wondering if anyone has tried it?
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
The 1025R is a rather tippy machine to be honest. A flail mower might be ok on perfectly flat ground, but any sort of side hill? I wouldn't even attempt it to be honest.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
I always thought it took a bit more HP to run a flail mower, but I may be mistaken. With that said, I don't recall ever seeing anyone running a flail mower that big behind a 1 series. The one benefit of the flail is that is doesn't stick out behind the machine as far as a rotary cutter. so you might have a bit less "tail wagging the dog". I have a 48" RC and wouldn't want to run a 60", even with my mostly flat land, too much pucker factor. Hopefully someone will be along that can give you a better answer.

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My 90 inch flail can be pretty abusive to the 60 horsepower of my IH tractor,,,

I do slip the drive belt of the flail when going too fast,, but,,, by that time,,,
the tractor engine is working pretty hard.

Using that same ratio, a 62" flail really needs about 41HP,,,

I did hook the 390 to my 41HP tractor,, it would cut 6-8 inch grass and weeds, but,
I would not want to try much taller cutting.

Actually,, the 4105 had a bit of a hard time carrying the mower on the 3PH!! :laugh:

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I believe the 3 pt hitch on a 1 series is rated at 638lbs so the math says no but not sure what reality is like. :greentractorride:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just found a 48" one with hydraulic side shift so I think its a moot point now but thanks for the advice.

When I posted that the smallest one I could find was the 62".

·
Registered
125 Posts
For what it’s worth...I run a 62” on my 2025 R (19hp PTO) and the tractor handles it fine. I mow clover plots and brush and am very happy with the performance. It is definitely heavy, over 650lbs. The loader worked hard picking it out of the semi with forks, definitely knew it was there. Once on the three point, no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a Victory EF155 and it’s 455 lbs and I don’t think I would want one much heavier back there. What did you end up getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a 1026r and I don’t think your machine will pick it up let alone use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts