Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is selling at JD 40 loader. In the add it says it fits JD 425,445,455. Just wondering it will fit my 2016 x738?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Someone is selling at JD 40 loader. In the add it says it fits JD 425,445,455. Just wondering it will fit my 2016 x738?
I don't believe you can have a loader on a 2016 X738.. I have a 2015 X738 and I Know I cannot adapt one on mine. Check the JD site to make sure.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I would think not,the loader arms aren't wide enough for the newer tractors.CTC makes loaders for the newer x7xx series.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Yes a 40 loader could be adapted to a X700 signature series easier than a 45 Loader though JBible on MTF has already adapted the 45 loader to his X738 Another 45 Loader Tale - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Let me go back to 2003. In early 2003 I was going to Buy a X465 2WD air cooled. Deere stated the 45 Loader did not work on the X465 do to the fact the 45 loader sub frame Interfered with cooling on the air cooled engine. Deere world Wide Told me a 40 loader from the 425 thru 455 would fit on the X465 because the 40 loader sub frame would not interfere with cooling on the X465 air cooled tractor. But I ended up wanting a little more Capable Loader so I went with a X485 with a 45 loader.

For the Most Part the X700 signature series frame is the same as a X465's frame. Though the signature frame is thinner in key areas and doesn't have the Loader sub frame pass through holes. But that besides the point. Length and width of the frame are the same. Now You might have to drill some Holes In your frame to get it to work right. Or You could build a different sub frame sort of following what JBible did for his 45 loader in the Link above

But the CTC loader would be a a faster and Not require any hole new hole Put In your frame and fits all X700 signature series tractors 2013 till present
2013 John deere x ultimate

When the X700 signature series was first thought up Deere had planned to do a new loader for the Signature Series That would have had a sub frame similar to the 40 loader. But the bean counters nixed the Idea( Nixing the loader had nothing to Do with the need for ROPS as some think)

The ROPS was do to weight and new government regulations. So Deere didn't think ROPS would go over very well on the X700 series in North America. So the the weight was dropped for the Signature series so they wouldn't have to put ROPS on there Super Garden tractors

BTW I had a 425 with a 40 loader when I bought the X485. Dealer was all set to move the 40 loader over to the X465 they had in stock. But I changed my mind at the last minute and went with the X485 with 45 loader.

:bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts