Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025R with 250 hours has developed this problem: With the transmission selector in neutral as required, it will not start. I installed a new hot charged battery, but the problem exists. The tractor is 3 1/2 years old. The indicator on the dash reads, put in neutral. Well it is in neutral. Moving the selector to high, neutral and low and back to neutral has no effect. If you do this maybe 8-10 times, it will finally change on the dash to read the hours and then it will crank normally. Could it be a defective "neutral start switch"? I cannot find this underneath. The selector for neutral goes directly into the transmission. Has anyone had this problem? Where is this switch? Thanks to everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
My 1025R with 250 hours has developed this problem: With the transmission selector in neutral as required, it will not start. I installed a new hot charged battery, but the problem exists. The tractor is 3 1/2 years old. The indicator on the dash reads, put in neutral. Well it is in neutral. Moving the selector to high, neutral and low and back to neutral has no effect. If you do this maybe 8-10 times, it will finally change on the dash to read the hours and then it will crank normally. Could it be a defective "neutral start switch"? I cannot find this underneath. The selector for neutral goes directly into the transmission. Has anyone had this problem? Where is this switch? Thanks to everyone.
Sounds like a very good place to start. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Problem solved. Defective neutral start switch. Drain transmission first or there will be a big mess. 7/8 deep well socket needed to remove the switch. The switch screws directly into the transmission and I reached it from the right side of the tractor. Easy fix. Up and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts