Green Tractor Talk banner

Will this fit my tractor???

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Gizmo2 
#1 ·
Hey team,

I’m looking for a used front mount snowblower for my 1025r. Came across a listing for this blower. It was used on a 1023... I’m assuming it will fit but I want to be sure, obviously, before I entertain a purchase. It’s listed for $3,000. Does this seem like the going rate for this model of used snowblowers? I really appreciate the advise!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey team,

I’m looking for a used front mount snowblower for my 1025r. Came across a listing for this blower. It was used on a 1023... I’m assuming it will fit but I want to be sure, obviously, before I entertain a purchase. It’s listed for $3,000. Does this seem like the going rate for this model of used snowblowers? I really appreciate the advise!
For that kind of Money I'd Buy a new one. $3000 for unknown issues?

Steve

#3 ·
I agree with Steve,, 3k is a lot of money for a used blower. Age, sprocket/chain, gearbox, impeller condition, bearings,, all come into play with these blowers. I would want to see and hear it in operation before I plunk down that money for a used unit. By the pic it appears someone didn't pay much attention to a nice clean unit so beware.
Do you have all the necessary stuff that goes with the blower to run it on your machine or does it come with it?

Reactions: Andrew.CaerLuna
#15 ·
So the "Serial number" on the implement is the "model number" on Deere Parts catalog!? I never knew that! Searching for parts just became a whole lot easier!

Reactions: Gizmo2
#5 · (Edited)
What do you get for $3,000? Just the snowblower? Then its a lot of money.

Does it include the all of the front mounting brackets and the PTO kit and the implement PTO shaft and upstop, etc.? Then the $3k might be a heck of a deal as just the mounting kits and front PTO drive kit are about $1,700 without the blower. To buy the blower new and necessary parts to install it costs $4,350 plus tax.

I have sold 4 of the tractor mounted snow blowers used this winter and the (2) 54" blowers brought $2,500 to $2,800 each where the 47" brought $2,200 and $2,300 each. These prices are for the blower and the implement mounted PTO shaft and correct upstop. The mounts are extra and vary slightly based upon tractor and condition, etc.

Now your next question is likely to be "Will this fit my tractor?" and the answer is "it should" and the key is you get ALL of the parts and pieces and there are a lot of them. If you don't get the mounting brackets which are bolted to the sellers tractor frame and you end up having to purchase a kit of the brackets, expect to spend about another $400 to get everything you need because you will be purchasing pieces of a kit, instead of the entire mounting kit.

You need to take the time and research to know all of the parts you should be getting. If you can get photos of EVERYTHING the seller is including,. we can tell from the pictures if you are getting everything you need.

Get the serial number (ideally a photo of) the tractors I,.D. tag for the machine the blower was on and also a copy of the same for your machine so the compatibility can be determined. There are some potential RIO issues on how that is dealt with and the parts used, etc. You really need the serial numbers of the machine they were on to be sure as well as your machine. Also, many times people fail to remove all of the parts from the tractor the blower was on and buying individual pieces to make it fit your tractor can quickly kill a good deal.

Get this information and we can give you some guidance based upon the information, In the end, hopefully what you are told and what you are sold is accurate and truthful. Some of how I ended up with the snow blowers to resell was they were sold to people who were told one thing and the truth ended up being quite different. They couldn't use them or didn't want to spend the money necessary to get all of the pieces so I bought the blowers and made them complete and then found new buyers for them.

There is a reason why many just bite the bullet and buy new because if you don't know all of the parts and pieces and make sure you don't have to purchase other items to make it work, a "deal" can quickly sour..........

Get these pictures and this information if you would like further input on this blower deal.

#6 ·
Sulley,

Your advice is tremendously helpful!

I am under the impression, from pictures and descriptions he provided, that everything needed to get this blower working on my tractor is included. I will inquire further about the mounting brackets etc.. I will also ask for a picture of his tractor's serial number to help with cross compatibility of parts. Below are the pictures he included in his listing. Thanks for everything!

#7 ·
Picture 1 shows the quick hitch and pto shaft that gets the mid pto to the front. The bracket that the quick hitch mounts to is in the second picture, right side on the top of the snow blower and under the bike tire. The length of pto fron the first picture goes through the bracket in the second picture. Make sure the bearings in that bracket are in good shape. What I don't see is the bracket for the quick hitch that locks it straight for use with the blower and I don't see the hanger brackets that are most likely still on the sellers tractor. You need those brackets to mount the piece the quick hitch will mount to.

#8 ·
Thanks Cheese!
That's super helpful! I'll see if I can get more pictures from the seller, specifically looking for items you didn't see in the three pictures. I'll look through the parts manual and see what the bracket for the quick hitch is called and the two hanger brackets. Does anyone have pictures of the brackets Mr. Cheesetrain is referring to?

#9 ·
I believe it's this part

#10 ·
Agree with others , you would still need all the brackets from his tractor , in order to use this blower. Plus not seeing the front of the snowblower to see what the augers look like . Heck the augers might look like perfect condition to being bent or totally missing.

🤷‍♂️

#11 ·
Anybody see the upstop bracket anywhere? This would be so that the snowblower can't be raised up too high as to damage the PTO driveline. I don't have a front snowblower so I honestly don't know what the bracket looks like.

I'd see if I could find the manual online from John Deere as well. Would give a chance to read through the install and know what you need to look for on sellers tractor.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and kylew
#12 ·
The upstop is shown on the snowblower and its the correct unit. Its on the back edge of the blower and has the spring bracket for supporting the Implement PTO shaft. Depending upon the serial numbers, I would want to make sure the RIO override is included if needed.

As shown, the kit BLV10796 is needed. That kit sells for $295.90. In fact, I just sold one I had.............

So there is at least $300 in parts needed to make this work on your machine if sold as shown.

#13 ·
I don't see the implement PTO shaft to my satisfaction and that's a $400 plus piece, specific to THESE tractors ONLY

I don't see the implement PTO shaft in the picture which shows the Upstop and that concerns me as its likely been removed or is swung down and dragging on the floor, which isn't ideal either.

I also don't see the Long PTO shaft support bearing and carrier bracket. That's the bracket with the round hole which carries the long shaft from the Mid PTO. It's this bracket which slides into the BLV10796 which we also don't see and likely remains on the sellers tractor as they are bolted to the lower frame and likely have the shorter bolts as if it came off the 1023e and didn't have a grill guard.

The bolts to support the grille guard on the 1025r are longer as they run through the quick attach hitch brackets and hold the grille guard. When you buy the kit, you get both sets of bolts, one longer than the other for the 1025r with the grille guard.

Knowing what goes into these kits is really important and honestly, its one of the reasons I have been able to buy as many as I have as sellers think they have a "complete kit" and they don't and in a couple of cases, the seller ended up giving the buyer their money back when they realized pieces were missing. At least they were decent enough to do that.

Some of this stuff gets passed around and bought and sold and the people selling it don't know what it really fits. .

Knowing the total package and how it fits is really important. In fact, 3 out of 4 of the blowers I bought were sold as complete kits and each was missing something expensive or had the wrong parts on it for the application it was being sold for. I ended up getting the right parts packages together and providing it complete, which does require some knowledge of the parts and pieces. Most of the mounting kits are less interchangeable than people think...........

#14 ·
One more thing, SandyHill 1025, you need written proof that these parts are not part of a loan agreement with Deere. In telling you this, I am actually revealing the ultimate motive behind getting a copy of the seller's tractors VIN number. Yes, I want to see what serial number range the tractor was in because there are variations in the RIO override. But you also want to make sure the seller doesn't have a lien against this equipment with the financing of the machine through John Deere Credit......

If the sellers debt is satisfied and the lien released or if they paid cash when they bought everything, they should have no reason to not show you the receipt or the Lien release when the debt was paid off. If that can't be provided to you, I would run the VIN number of both the snow blower and the tractor with a phone call toeither the selling Deere dealer or Deere credit telling them you are looking at a snow blower that's for sale and you want to make sure that Deere doesn't have a lien against the equipment. They will need the tractors VIN number to find the original loan paperwork. Now, they will either be able to tell you that they have a lien on the equipment or they don't. Don't expect them to provide personal details about the loan as they shouldn't.

Ask the seller first about any loan as its the polite thing to do. If they hesitate or don't answer directly or provide proof of the debt being satisfied (and a copy you can take with you for your records) then I wouldn't be buying anything until I knew it wasn't part of a security agreement.

Also, if someone tells you "I have paid enough of the loan and it's OK for me to sell this because the loan balance is paid down enough", they are lying to you. No lender gives up security or collateral without the debt being paid OFF, not just paid down..............

I am not trying to stir up any problems, But I would sure hate to see you spend $3,000 and have Deere's legal department slap you with a lawsuit for buying their loan collateral with outstanding debt still in effect. I understand people get in binds and might try and "cut corners", but its still not the right thing to do.

Be careful on this point as it can be very sticky if you purchase something which still has debt on it..........Hopefully, the loan was paid in full if there even was a loan. But since something like 91% of all Deere SCUTS are financed with Deere credit, the odds are pretty high this also was subject to a loan at some point. ALso, loans can be as long as 84 months (some I have heard are up to 96 months now), so the age of the tractor doesn't automatically mean the debt is gone if the tractor is more than 5 years old.

One more point. The selling dealer is also involved in the loan as they have to enforce the collection of any collateral should the loan default. So if the tractor or blower has the dealers sticker on it, contacting the dealer about the snowblower to see if there is a loan also helps keep them from getting in a potentially bad situation if the seller is trying to move the equipment while a loan is still in effect. Caveat Emptor..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.