Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a 54" plow that was once on a 2210. I have a 1025r. I know I would need to change the quick hitch plow mount on the tractor side, is there anything else that would need to be changed out? The mount plates on the plow or hoses??

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
I have the chance to buy a 54" plow that was once on a 2210. I have a 1025r. I know I would need to change the quick hitch plow mount on the tractor side, is there anything else that would need to be changed out? The mount plates on the plow or hoses??
The blade should work fine.. The quick hitch from 2210 will not fit without some modifications and not sure if hoses would be too long or too short.

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I am reading this right the quick hitch with hydraulic lift will not work with the 1025r that was on the 2210. I also have to get the Attaching Support kit as well, which I assumed from the beginning. The hydraulic angle should be no problem. I thought it would be just the tractor side of the hitch that would need to be changed out.

Oh well, it would seem that $900 would of been a great deal, but now that I have to spend $785 more I am better off buying from scratch at a tune of $1450 or so.

Now I do plan to buy an Artillian fork set-up and could buy the adapter plate and extension hoses for $354 and run it off the loader arms.

Suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Now I do plan to buy an Artillian fork set-up and could buy the adapter plate and extension hoses for $354 and run it off the loader arms.

Suggestions or comments?
This

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I sold my 2305, I kept my plow, quick mount, and mounting plates that bolt onto the frame. When I hold the mounting plates up to the 1025r frame, the bolts look like they line up with the bolts on the frame. The only difference being that a semi-circle relief cut will need to be done around another bolt on the frame that wasn't present on the 2305. I measured the hydraulic lines on my plow, and they may be a little too long, which some tie wraps should take care of. Is there some reason this wouldn't work? If not, I need to sell the whole set up, what could I expect to get out of it? Very good condition, and has a polymer cutting edge on the blade to boot. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
When I sold my 2305, I kept my plow, quick mount, and mounting plates that bolt onto the frame. When I hold the mounting plates up to the 1025r frame, the bolts look like they line up with the bolts on the frame. The only difference being that a semi-circle relief cut will need to be done around another bolt on the frame that wasn't present on the 2305.

I measured the hydraulic lines on my plow, and they may be a little too long, which some tie wraps should take care of. Is there some reason this wouldn't work? If not, I need to sell the whole set up, what could I expect to get out of it? Very good condition, and has a polymer cutting edge on the blade to boot. Thanks! [/
QUOTE]

I assume you are talking about the 54" John Deere plow, is that correct? The plow itself uses a very standard mounting system to attach to the Quick Attach unit, which fits a variety of the quick attach front mounts including both tractors you are talking about. The blade sells new for $515 and that is with the standard metal cutting edge "strap"......(not the polymer cuting edge)

HOWEVER, the quick attach hitch unit is different between the 2305 and the 1025R. According to the John Deere parts catalog, the 2305 quick attach unit is part number is BM20921 and retails for $751.14. Please note this is the basic quick attach unit and the hydraulic angling unit is extra. According to the website catalog, the 2305 unit also fits the 2210 tractor.

The quick attach unit for the 1025R is part number BLV10159 and retails for $820.69. Again, the quick attach unit for this model does not include the hydraulic angling which is extra. The following link is where you can see the source I quoted and also so you can read the additional details and footnotes for these products.

Build Your Own

The resale on the quick attach units is pretty strong, especially this time of year. I would think that the one for your 2305, assuming it includes the hydraulic angling kit is likely worth $500 to $700. Just in case you weren't aware, there is a place on this forum to place items such as your quick attach unit from the 2305 for sale before a captive John Deere enthusist audience.

Please keep in mind that I am not addressing the issue of how to modify the unit from the 2305 to fit the 1025R. Having both the parts and tractor in front of you will answer that question better than I could. My answer is simply based upon the application which Deere lists in their attachment section.

I would also suggest you carefully read the details about these two systems on the Deere website as they list the basic components part numbers and the additional brackets and or pieces you may need for each and this may provide the details you are seeking.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts