Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this at Northern Tool and was wondering if the Power Beyond on my 1025R can handle the 8 GPM and 2500 PSI capacity which is on the minimum requirements for this splitter.

Any thoughts.

Or is there something else that works better? This attaches to the 3PT and has great reviews. Only $699.00

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need the power beyond kit for your tractor to power it, and even then it will be extremely slow. The 1 series doesn't have the hydraulic capability to flow 8 GPM, I think it has roughly half that available to implements.
So you are saying it will work but extremely slow? Is there something better around the same cost? I have the power beyond installed already.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
A pto driven hydro pump would work.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
So you are saying it will work but extremely slow? Is there something better around the same cost? I have the power beyond installed already.
It will work in the sense that the cylinder will move, but it's going to be excruciatingly slow. Even at 8 gpm three point splitters are significantly less efficient than stand alone versions, but you have less than half of what the splitter calls for. It's going to crawl, and probably not have the splitting force it advertises.

I would recommend a stand alone splitter with its own engine.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Amen i also recommend a stand alone splitter. I often am using loader to fee the splitter. Good Luck

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts