Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a winch for the chute rotation on my 3 point snow blower.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Nice...

Looking forward to follow up with the actuator.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...

Looking forward to follow up with the actuator.
Thanks! It won't be for a while though............but I'm ready. All the wiring and the switch is in place for it! This is the first time I wire something using 12v. All you gotta do is ask the right people for advice. :good2:

·
Administrator
18,525 Posts
Great job S40M, that looks real nice.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kenny!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Linear Actuator Install

Finished up the linear actuator install for the chute deflector. I took the video with my smart phone. Enjoy!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey, pretty clever there, Bob. That will be real handy.:clap:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, pretty clever there, Bob. That will be real handy.:clap:
It certainly will be handy. Pretty tired of getting off the tractor to adjust the deflector. Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sterling, what year is your blower? I have the same model, 2010 i believe and there seems to be a few differences between the 2.
My chute defelctor has a 3 notch rod attached to the backside for adjustments. i also see your rotation gears are nicely covered with some extra material and only the auger part is exposed. Mine is fully exposed except for a few spots where the clamps hold it down.

i like the rotation winch idea. gets my mind working for something in the future. Rarely do I need to change the chute defelction although if I had an easier way I am sure I would find a use for it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought it new in October 2012.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts