Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD XUV590E that I want to attach a winch. Which is a better winch to get for my machine... 2500 or 3500 lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
3X it's weight is what I would get.

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
Both good answers. The weight is one thing but the duty rating on a larger winch will be longer for the same amount of weight pulled. It won’t burn up the motor as fast.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would choose the larger winch with synthetic line and a JD wiring harness

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi, I have three winches in my garage. The largest is a 3500#. If I were to buy another winch I would look at something that doesn't run back when you let off the power to it. The 3500 has the least amount of runback of the three. Both of those winches will pull your gator out of almost anything but I'd look at the 3500 and put it on a bracket that can be mounted on a trailer receiver so you can use it on the front or the back. Many people mount their winches on the front of their machines, but a rear mounted winch will pull you back out of a problem rather than into it sometimes. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
22,711 Posts
Both good answers. The weight is one thing but the duty rating on a larger winch will be longer for the same amount of weight pulled. It won’t burn up the motor as fast.
Also to keep in mind - if stuck in the mud you are actually pulling a lot more than just the weight of the machine. It can be 10 fold in some circumstances.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts