Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

Can't find anything searching here, bought a quart bottle of John Deere Fuel-Protect winter formula
part # TY26787. Their are no dosage instructions on bottle. On jdparts.com I found a dosage of 10ml
per 10 litres of fuel. Anyone familiar with this product? I'm planning on using it in a 2017 1025R.

·
Premium Member
13,103 Posts
Hi guys and gals,

Can't find anything searching here, bought a quart bottle of John Deere Fuel-Protect winter formula
part # TY26787. Their are no dosage instructions on bottle. On jdparts.com I found a dosage of 10ml
per 10 litres of fuel. Anyone familiar with this product? I'm planning on using it in a 2017 1025R.
I believe it states that 16oz treats 52 gal of fuel. That works out to .307oz per gallon or roughly 1.5oz per 5 gallon can. This is the dosage that I use.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I use it and I believe a bottle treats 50 gallons. I have a 50 gallon storage and I use one bottle every time I fill it.

·
Premium Member
13,103 Posts
I use it and I believe a bottle treats 50 gallons. I have a 50 gallon storage and I use one bottle every time I fill it.
Part
number

Size and pkg. qty.

Treat rate
TY26787
16 oz. (473 ml) per bottle
12 per carton
Each bottle treats 52 gallons (197 L) of diesel fuel
TY26788
1 gallon (3.78 L) per bottle
4 per carton
Each bottle treats 416 gallons (1575 L) of diesel fuel
TY26789
5 gallon (18.9 L) per pail
Each pail treats 2080 gallons (7874 L) of diesel fuel

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
Hi guys and gals,

Generally, too little of the product could be an issue and too much only hurts your wallet. Just FYI, there are a ton of GREAT products out there for this use. Personally, I prefer the following;

Howes Lubricator

I don't buy it from the link I posted, I just wanted you to see the bottle. I buy mine at Tractor Supply and I think it's around $19.99 per gallon. Using an ounce per gallon means it will last through 128 gallons of diesel, which should be about 120 to 125 hours of time on your tractor.

Also, I suggest you get into the habit of ALWAYS treating your fuel. A good additive helps lubricate the injector pump and also keeps the fuel system clean. By treating year around, you never risk having fuel which isn't treated and could gel.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, the bottle is in 2 oz increments, I dumped 2 oz into 5 gallons and I'm good to go. As far as other brands I like using John Deere products if their is ever a issue down the road. A 16 oz bottle was only a little over $7.00 with tax. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Generally, too little of the product could be an issue and too much only hurts your wallet.
I caught myself overdosing the additive, got heavy-handed and used about 4 oz per 5 gallons instead of the 2 oz per 5 gallons. I understand that it's a small amount, but are there any worries about diluting the diesel with too much additive?

I was talking to a diesel mechanic buddy of mine and he recommended that my first couple doses be this Gumout product, just because I was a little late in treating the fuel, it was already below freezing when I got around to it. I plan on switching over to Howe's when I've gone through the Gumout treatment.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,103 Posts
I caught myself overdosing the additive, got heavy-handed and used about 4 oz per 5 gallons instead of the 2 oz per 5 gallons. I understand that it's a small amount, but are there any worries about diluting the diesel with too much additive?
Actually, you are still overdosing. :) A 16oz bottle of JD Winter Formula treats 52 gallons. That works out to 0.308oz per gallon or 1.54oz per 5 gallons.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually, you are still overdosing. :) A 16oz bottle of JD Winter Formula treats 52 gallons. That works out to 0.308oz per gallon or 1.54oz per 5 gallons.
Hate to nitpick, but you started it :tongue:

If you actually click on the link I provided for the Gumout product I said I was using, 8 oz treats 20 gallons, so 2 oz treats 5 gallons. :hide:

·
Premium Member
13,103 Posts
Hate to nitpick, but you started it :tongue:

If you actually click on the link I provided for the Gumout product I said I was using, 8 oz treats 20 gallons, so 2 oz treats 5 gallons. :hide:
Ok... sorry... my mistake. I even read back through the threads and thought I saw where you were using the JD product. I read where someone was using 2oz/5gal with the JD stuff. Maybe it was Brianjc.

There are several products being mentioned in this thread and in some cases the poster is just referring to "the bottle". :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi guys and gals,

16 oz / 52 gal = 0.3 oz / gal or 1.5 oz / 5-gal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts