Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you guys are like us and are wishing the Spring would finally come already! Although we definitely had a great winter for business, we are sick of the snow and are wanting it to warm up so we can play with our tractors.

Any of you guys starting to have the cabin fever set in yet? :boredom:

We thought we would make the most of this snowy winter and have some fun with our Gators -- We hope you Gator owners are doing the same too! Check out some pictures of our recent attempts at climbing the snow piles of our buildings.

King-of-the-hill-1.jpg
Binbqa3CAAAaS_g.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg

Have a fun winter picture to share? Add it to this thread! Who says you can't work AND play all year long?!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
No playing in the snow here (and we do not get that much anyway...) but here is picture of my electric Gator with a load of firewood, and a view of a dusting of snow out the garage window -- note the ferns in the picture which are much more emblematic of our normal climate...

Gator chores.jpg

I am interested in the recreational use of Gators of course, so post those pictures up!!

Chuck

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
This kind of posting gets me into trouble!:lol:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Electric gator??? Did not know they even made them....cool

·
Registered
714 Posts
Heres mine with his cold feet. They sure do stay clean when the ground is covered in snow.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Todd,

Nice picture with the millstone in the background...!

Yes, the electric Gator (E-Gator) is handy and quiet -- plus it does not have any objectionable fuel smells if you park it inside like shown above with my firewood.

I sold mine a little more than a year ago when we sold the place pictured above and moved to just an acre...the E-Gator buyer had rental commercial properties and would be using it both inside and out for maintenance chores. I sold the trailer I made with it...salvaged Gator bed and a Harbor Freight trailer frame.

Gator capacity times two.jpg

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
The guy who I bought our '07 "TS" Gator from had a very nice electric for sale. I thought about it hard, but didn't like the price of a new set of batteries! The "TS" has turned out to be a very good machine to replace our old 550 Mule:

HPIM2872 (640x478).jpg

After some "modifications:

HPIM2903 (640x478).jpg

Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Lowell,

I like your bed side extenders -- did you make those??

Chuck
Yes, angle iron frame with 1/2" AC plywood:

HPIM2875 (640x478).jpg

I also have a hinged lid made of 1x's & used aluminum tread-plate that we use when going to a big flea market in NE MO. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Grandson & I took the wife's Gator for a ride this past Sat. While riding in out neighbors field I ask the grandson if he would like to drive.. Do you think I can, I told him he could (will be 11 in about 3 wks) . Oh we had a field day,,, he found some snow and had to spin the tires. Of course Pappy had to tell him to stop and put the pedal to the metal.. :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I didn't know they made electric gators either.

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
I didn't know they made electric gators either.
Same here , I had no idea.

How many years were they made ? How did it compare in cost to a gas model ?

Guessing they could run most of the day . The other year wife rented a house for vacation and it had a golf cart that we could use. If I remember correctly the batteries would last somewhere around 15-20 miles before we would recharge. So with that said guessing Gator would be about the same.
Guessing power most be about the same as a gas ?

Thanks for any info .

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looking at all these Gators is giving me Gator Fever!! Our house on 18 acres is about done and when we move I'll be pulling the trigger on an 825i. I've been reading a lot about them and they look like great machines! I need something to get the mail with!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My E-Gator was a 1999 model that I picked up at a good price. I have seen 2011 year models for sale and as far as I know they may still be being manufactured.

The service manual is TM 1766 and the operator's manual is OMM13573.

Here is a representative sample from the latter showing the specifications...
View attachment OMM13573-13.pdf

These are simple and rugged machines, but new ones are not cheap.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Thanks for your reply , I checked with JD site and I seen where they are still selling them . This week while at my dealers found out they have one for sell.
Have had it for the last 2 yrs. they were hoping to sell it to the state parks, but with cut backs so far no luck.
From what he told me the state park has 2 or 3 of them and they use them 8 hrs a day and have had very good luck with them.
Yea they are not cheap I think list was around $10-10500. Service manager told me they would probably make a great deal to anyone wanting one. He told me they would probably have to put in new batteries since it had been setting this long.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Took my "TS" to the farm today & run the Bluebird boxes. Cleaned the old boxes out & put up a few new ones! ~~ Lowell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts