Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everybody in the Northeast area ready for this storm coming over the next two days? I got my tractor block heater plugged in and got more diesel fuel ready also. How is everyone else getting ready for this for some seat time?

Bob

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Sounds like we may get 1-3 tomorrow and 1-3 tomorrow night, sounds like nothing major for us . Pitts was saying Watertown NY could see 18-24" tomorrow..

Just be safe..and have fun playing ,, I mean working clearing the snow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
NWS is predicting 4-6" here in SE lower MI. out of this latest storm system, we have about 5" of fluffy stuff on the ground already, should end sometime Thurs. A.M. here.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
So far saying 6 to 10" in CT, tractor is full and pointed out…..boots dry, goggles wiped clean, starting to do research on a cab, but too late for this one...:flag_of_truce:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Snowmobiles are READY, all gassed up, heaters work, antifreeze and oil checked!:lol:

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Snowmobiles are READY, all gassed up, heaters work, antifreeze and oil checked!:lol:
How about the tractor and snow plow? RTG?

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
We have milk and bread, so we're ready!!!!!
What about TP?

We have about 3" here already and its still coming down...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Plenty of TP!!!

Same here, about 3-4" and still coming down and blowing around like crazy.

All schools already cancelled.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
What about TP?

We have about 3" here already and its still coming down...
You know, 3" diameter on the roll isn't really that much... ya gotta count the paper tube in some of that.:laugh:

As of 10:20PM it's still a disappointing showing, but the snow is so light it isn't really adding up. We'll see what happens between now and getting neighbor out @ 8am. I really miss the old Weather Channel local animated radars which went away with NBC's new "Weather Cabaret and Variety Show". I've got about 10 different radars/settings on the computer, but I still miss being able to flick the button every half hour to TWC to watch the storms go by.

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Wish my luck tomorrow, I driving from South East MI to Northern WV.
Have a safe trip , iit may be a all day trip + + + My wife called took her about an hr to get to work normal 25-30min.
I have iPike winter tires on our AWD and wife told me the traction control and stability control light kicked on several times going up Copper Rock on I68 guessing she was maybe going 35 at that time ,said her top speed was 50. For a change no one was in a hurry !!
Morgantown on the Mileground had ,she was guessing 2-4 ,,with wind blowing she said in their parking lot , one place bare, and in front of one door 18-20" snow drift... Just be careful ,and watch out for the other guy....

Didn't know if I should post there name ,,I did send you a private message..

If no one objects I will be glad to post their name..!!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
So far so good the OH turnpike is wet but very little snow and no ice. I have been able to run about 75 mph, my normal speed. I don't have snow tires just a Trailblazer with BFG AT ko load range e. I went a little narrower to compensate for the wight of the 10 ply so they push down into the snow fairly well. Only 2 hours to go as I at the OH/PA border. Now I just need to get through Pittsburgh traffic.

Thanks for all of the well wishes.

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
So far so good the OH turnpike is wet but very little snow and no ice. I have been able to run about 75 mph, my normal speed. I don't have snow tires just a Trailblazer with BFG AT ko load range e. I went a little narrower to compensate for the wight of the 10 ply so they push down into the snow fairly well. Only 2 hours to go as I at the OH/PA border. Now I just need to get through Pittsburgh traffic.

Thanks for all of the well wishes.
Should be close, if not home.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Should be close, if not home.
Took about 6 hours which is about normal. I was surprised to see the freeway clear and dry but the small highways were still packed with snow at noon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts