Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ram 3500 CTD
392 Posts
Sounds kinda complicated for an old dog new tricks🤷‍♂️

So you say don’t waste fuel on training my wife but it ok to waste fuel to take out trash?? At this point I’m not to concerned about fuel consumption just want to be ready for when the snow comes! And those 90 minutes to 3 hours sounds like Good Times to me👍👍 Keep an eye on that fuel gauge though🤣😂
An inch of snow is enough to plow if you have time to do it. Nothing like leaving an inch or two of wet snow on your driveway, only to have it freeze overnight and stay frozen for several more days. Then some additional snow on top of that so when you go to plow there’s little traction because you are operating on the icy remains of the previous snowfall. And crusty, icy old snow is dangerous especially with older folks around. My wife’s office is here at the house and there are delivery vans in and out of here all week. They seem to have a hard time staying in the asphalt if it’s covered in snow... even an inch or two. I use a back blade with a rubber cutting edge for most snow events. We do have a 74” blower for big storms. I love to use it but we unfortunately don’t get many big storms.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
my wife has a great sense of humor also. When we are in the cleaning stuff aisle at the grocery store if there are other ladies in the aisle I will tell my wife "as long as your birthday is coming up why don't you pick out a new mop" I do get some looks from the other ladies
I do this with my girlfriend regularly, one of us will crack a wise comment at the other, then we'll have fun "arguing" over silly things... which is all the more hilarious because it makes everyone around us laugh too!

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
my wife has a great sense of humor also. When we are in the cleaning stuff aisle at the grocery store if there are other ladies in the aisle I will tell my wife "as long as your birthday is coming up why don't you pick out a new mop" I do get some looks from the other ladies
Amateurs.

When we first got married, she used to insist I go food shopping with her. We were both in the navy at the time and she knew I hated food shopping with a passion. So, one day when walking down the Piggly Wiggly isles in Milton Florida I put on my sun glasses and pretended to be blind crashing into displays while calling her and saying "Don't leave me again." People literally yelled at her and I never had to go food shopping again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Amateurs.

When we first got married, she used to insist I go food shopping with her. We were both in the navy at the time and she knew I hated food shopping with a passion. So, one day when walking down the Piggly Wiggly isles in Milton Florida I put on my sun glasses and pretended to be blind crashing into displays while calling her and saying "Don't leave me again." People literally yelled at her and I never had to go food shopping again.
Oh boy I'm surprised you've made it this long BOBL 🤣👍🏻
And thank you for your service too! 🇺🇸

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
as long as your birthday is coming up why don't you pick out a new mop" I do get some looks from the other ladies
🤣Gonna use that one next time we are shopping 🤣
I’m always joking with my wife, it’s also good she has a sense of humor. I used to stand and read and then ask her about the feminine hygiene boxes and ask her are these ones big enough .

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
There's an inside joke to this one, but I will sometimes interupt the woman talking, my palm facing her face and say "Shhh. Men are talking"
Fun to see people's expression when they don't know about the inside joke. Women get fire in their eyes while men get that look on their face like...."I never knew that was an option? COOL!!!"

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,432 Posts
The looks is those women in the store aisle immediately forming a visual image of you waddling like a duck down the aisle with the mop "vertically deposited" with the handle dragging the floor.........Guys get over emotional slights and can move on as if nothing was ever said or done, women NEVER forget.............

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,432 Posts
When my wife and I owned our real estate development company, we were in real estate closings sometimes a couple of times each week selling development lots or homes our construction company had built. We had a standard response when the Title Office closing agent would ask us "Have either of you ever been convicted of a Felony"?

We would look at each other and pause and then reply in unison "Convicted? No, we have never been convicted"............and it would get the most unusual look from both the closing agent and the other people in the room......one young closing agent left the room and came back with her supervisor to have her ask us the same question and of course, we gave the same answer...... ;)

I wish I could say it was an original idea, but that was Winger's ( Bill Murray's) response in Stripes when he was in the recruiters office......Good thing they didn't ask about other "preferences" as they asked Winger and his pal in the movie to which he replied "No, but we are willing to learn"..........

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,491 Posts
I keep reading this subject and wonder... since you're only training the winter wife it has raised a few questions.
1) Where does the winter wife go in the summer?
2) Do you plan on training the summer wife on winter duties? (And the summer wife on winter duties?)
3) Are there spring and fall wives?
4) Does the winter wife wear sun dresses?

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,432 Posts
I keep reading this subject and wonder... since you're only training the winter wife it has raised a few questions.
2) Do you plan on training the summer wife on winter duties? (And the summer wife on winter duties?)
Maybe that's the next new on line service. Just like people rent the Vacation homes, etc. you can set up a site and service for "seasonal spouses", after all, you wouldn't want to leave anyone out.....................

·
Premium Member
3,491 Posts
Maybe that's the next new on line service. Just like people rent the Vacation homes, etc. you can set up a site and service for "seasonal spouses", after all, you wouldn't want to leave anyone out.....................
Pretty sure this already exists...... 👠 💋 🥳

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025r Mauser Cab, 54” front blower, frontier RB2060 rear blade, ballast box, H120 Loader 53”
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Interesting question!! Although all that excitement sounds fun.
A. Don’t know if my heart is strong enough!! “Coming to join you Elizabeth”
B. That would definitely cut into financing attachments$$$
C.Is there really more than one that would want to deal with my crap??
D. Which trumps A-C!!! She’s a keeper and I totally satisfied and very lucky to have her.
And just to clear up anyone else out there possibly miss reading my user name!! It’s A Man And Johnny 15. Yes I’m a dude I know some y’all was getting excited thinking otherwise 🤦🏼

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I don’t know but one is enough for me
I will definitely second that. I've lost enough hair & gotten gray with just one. 😉

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,491 Posts
I don’t know but one is enough for me
I will definitely second that. I've lost enough hair & gotten gray with just one. 😉
I agree whole heartedly! Just having a little fun intentionally reading a bit to deep in to this. Hopefully everyone understood intended playfulness of the post - gotta lighten up the post holiday Tuesday!

@Amanandjohnny15 - Definitely had to take a doubletake when I first saw your username, but Amanda D Johnny just didn't read correctly to me 😄

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I agree whole heartedly! Just having a little fun intentionally reading a bit to deep in to this. Hopefully everyone understood intended playfulness of the post - gotta lighten up the post holiday Tuesday!

@Amanandjohnny15 - Definitely had to take a doubletake when I first saw your username, but Amanda D Johnny just didn't read correctly to me 😄
Just a little teasing. Hopefully no harm done. (I think most of my gray & loss of hair came from the kids) 😆

21 - 40 of 53 Posts