Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding a hydraulic cylinder to my 60" rear blade this winter when things are slow. Not sure of the bore size to hold the pull of a 2320. Has anyone done this on this small of a tractor? I've seen threads with much bigger tractors but none this size.
I'm thinking 3" bore. Someone with some experience (knowledge) please set me straight. Thanks

·
Administrator
17,323 Posts
Jgayman has hydraulics on the blade he pulls with his 2720, I'm sure he'll chime in to help with specs. IIRC is a WOODS or Frontier blade.

·
Premium Member
11,023 Posts
jgayman chiming in. :) The cylinder on my Land Pride RB1660 is described in the parts list as 2 x 10 x 1.12 rod. I assume that means 2" bore and 10" stroke. I previously had a 60" Frontier blade and the cylinder on that was 2.5" x 12".

·
Premium Member
11,023 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My rake, similar to a blade, came set up for a cylinder,,,
I use a "fake" cylinder,,,

There is a second bracket on the "blade" that allows the cylinder to be used with the blade reversed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jgayman for the pics. Just what I wanted to see.
CADplans- that's another great place to mount a cylinder I didn't think of.
What a great place for help! Now I need to decide what cylinder to purchase and where to mount it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks jgayman for the pics. Just what I wanted to see.
CADplans- that's another great place to mount a cylinder I didn't think of.
What a great place for help! Now I need to decide what cylinder to purchase and where to mount it.
Checkout SurplusCenter, they have a good selection of parts and pieces as well as good deals on cyls.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Cylinders/Double-Acting-Hydraulic-Cylinders/2x12x1-25-DA-HYDRAULIC-CYLINDER-WOLVERINE-WWXT2012-S-9-8771-12.axd

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
Great job, it will be awfully nice to angle the blade from the seat.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I like that.👍 I'll have to see if what you did will work on my frontier blade.

Hope you didn't file a patent because I may copy your design.😄
Yup, same thoughts as well

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
Look at the hydraulics and now Gus Fink posts a pic with a ball hitch on his blade. Man, I am missing out!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
You guys are wizards!

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
I fail to see the advantage. How does one flip the blade around. I suppose those things are used in different manners by different people.
Good point. For me, with a front blower and rear blade, I never flip the blade, only change the angle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts