Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased 30 ac and will be doing a TON of trail maintenance, so I'd like to be able to haul some basic tools around with me (chainsaw, bar oil, small can of gas, loppers, etc.) Let's see what you guys have come up with.

I usually keep the roll bar folded down parallel with the ground and was thinking a wire basket type thing that sits in the area behind my head but below the upper side of the rollbar.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I know it's not exactly what you're thinking of, but how about a carry all frame set up all fancy like with tubes for tools and a scabbard for carrying a chainsaw...

I know there are picture on the forum of what I'm thinking of... Some of the guys have gotten as creative with their carryalls as they have with their ballast boxes.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it's not exactly what you're thinking of, but how about a carry all frame set up all fancy like with tubes for tools and a scabbard for carrying a chainsaw...

I know there are picture on the forum of what I'm thinking of... Some of the guys have gotten as creative with their carryalls as they have with their ballast boxes.
I like having the FEL and the boxblade on the tractor when I'm out working on the trails, was thinking something that kept tools at the ready, but out of the way.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I like having the FEL and the boxblade on the tractor when I'm out working on the trails, was thinking something that kept tools at the ready, but out of the way.
Hmmm.....along the right lines, but I want to attach it to the roll cage to keep a functional 3pt. Nice.
Could you mount something on the boxblade? That way it's low enough to be convenient to get to.

Some of this is going to depend on your fabrication ability. I've seen guys that have put removable tool carriers on their rear implements, but it was all custom built and not "off the shelf".

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you mount something on the boxblade? That way it's low enough to be convenient to get to.

Some of this is going to depend on your fabrication ability. I've seen guys that have put removable tool carriers on their rear implements, but it was all custom built and not "off the shelf".
yeah - I can weld and can fab something up. I've thought about it being on the boxblade, but full loads sometimes bubble over the top so that could get messy. Just seems like that spot under the folded ROPS and above the travel of the 3-pt is just itching to be useful..:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the one I did. A milk crate usually lives on it with gloves and stuff, a place to throw my thermos. I added a shovel holder after this thread, I think I have a picture that shows that, I'll look.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/86865-made-thing-use-roll-over-protection-structure-tool-basket.html
That's more like it......got the gears turning in my head now.....

I'm thinking with some simple angle iron, expanded steel, my welder and a can of spray paint I'll be in business......I like the square u-bolt attachment as well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You could easily make something without the plasma cut piece like I did. Well, easy is relative because all I did was mostly trace it out on cardboard and the plasma guy did the rest of that part. That was pretty easy, I had about 20 minutes in design. If I were going to make it with my set of tools, (no plasma table) I'd probably get some 1/8th X 4" flat bar and make a strip for the top and bottom and use expanded steel in the middle like you said. It wouldn't have the cool chain saw carriers, but you could carry them or secure them otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could easily make something without the plasma cut piece like I did. Well, easy is relative because all I did was mostly trace it out on cardboard and the plasma guy did the rest of that part. That was pretty easy, I had about 20 minutes in design. If I were going to make it with my set of tools, (no plasma table) I'd probably get some 1/8th X 4" flat bar and make a strip for the top and bottom and use expanded steel in the middle like you said. It wouldn't have the cool chain saw carriers, but you could carry them or secure them otherwise.
I plan on just using bungees to hold down the stuff I'm carrying, will probably make it a little deeper as well so that the saw, etc. sit below the top surface of the ROPS so that if it drags through tree branches I'm not beating on my saw, etc.

·
Registered
607 Posts
When you are mocking up your depth, just consider looking back to hook up to implements or generally looking backwards and down. Mine being flat and open doesn't block much, but I still find myself looking "under" it at times. As far as branches go, mine is lower than my exhaust and my head when seated, but it's good to think about if I have to push a branch up, I check the saws and stuff afterwards. The shovel mount on mine is bolted down, everything else I just bungee on. Have fun.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
913 Posts
First thing I tried on my 1025 was this ROPS-mounted tractor tool tray I bought on Amazon. The picture is obviously not a 1025, but just to give you the idea. It was very easy to install, and adjustable for the slope of the 1025 ROPS so that the basket was horizontal. I first tried it mounted just under the ROPS hinges where it was accessible. I carried a chain saw, machete, chain, trimmer line, gasoline, etc in it. Unfortunately it blocked rear vision when hooking up implements to the 3 point, and I regularly banged the top of my head on it dealing with the PTO.

tooltray.jpg

I moved it up above the ROPS hinges next. Rear vision was better, but it was too high for easy access while standing on the ground. It also put any thing mounted crosswise in the hooks right at eye level, so I found myself swinging off the tractor right into the shovel blade.

Here is a video of this tool carrier in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aLbvN69b0

Tractor Mike has recently started selling the Tractor Caddy. List price is @199, the same as the Tool Tray above.

tractor-caddy-photo-4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBHTqgMxxU

Tim, another frequent you tube tractor poster has a video of another item he recommends, but I can't find it right now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anybody try this Rops mounted tool tray and also be able to use their backhoe? Can it be mounted high enough and still be useful ???

First thing I tried on my 1025 was this ROPS-mounted tractor tool tray I bought on Amazon. The picture is obviously not a 1025, but just to give you the idea. It was very easy to install, and adjustable for the slope of the 1025 ROPS so that the basket was horizontal. I first tried it mounted just under the ROPS hinges where it was accessible. I carried a chain saw, machete, chain, trimmer line, gasoline, etc in it. Unfortunately it blocked rear vision when hooking up implements to the 3 point, and I regularly banged the top of my head on it dealing with the PTO.

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=566857&stc=1&d=1520620423"]
[/iurl]

I moved it up above the ROPS hinges next. Rear vision was better, but it was too high for easy access while standing on the ground. It also put any thing mounted crosswise in the hooks right at eye level, so I found myself swinging off the tractor right into the shovel blade.

Here is a video of this tool carrier in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aLbvN69b0

Tractor Mike has recently started selling the Tractor Caddy. List price is @199, the same as the Tool Tray above.

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=566865&stc=1&d=1520621075"]
[/iurl]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBHTqgMxxU

Tim, another frequent you tube tractor poster has a video of another item he recommends, but I can't find it right now.

·
Premium Member
9,160 Posts
20170910_094115.jpg

The basket has a vertical 2" square tube the fits a standard receiver hitch.

I welded on on the box blade I had for the Kubota.

When I upgraded to the 3039R, I simply bought a bolt on receiver from KennyD.

It also fits in the vertical receiver of my trailer mover.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts