Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I'm trying to run a separate switch so I can turn rear lights on/ off independently from other Auxiliary lights. Also trying to run wiring for rear receiver winch on 1025r. How do you remove floor board or drive shaft tunnel to run wiring. Trying to do it the right way first. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
I need help. I'm trying to run a separate switch so I can turn rear lights on/ off independently from other Auxiliary lights. Also trying to run wiring for rear receiver winch on 1025r. How do you remove floor board or drive shaft tunnel to run wiring. Trying to do it the right way first. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Welcome Brendan,
I would be best to start your own thread on this please :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: johnH123

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome Brendan,
I would be best to start your own thread on this please :thumbup1gif:
I can help with that, done.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:wgtt:

The veterans will get you up and running !!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
use a 10mm wrench and a Phillips screwdriver to remove the plastic cover under the front of the seat. Remove the engine side panels. Use Phillips screwdriver to remove the kick panel under the key switch. Then use a socket to remove the bolts from the floorboard. It will then come off.

I installed a rocker switch on the left side of the dash right above the kick panel and picked up 12 volts from the red wire inside the dash that is used for the deck lift switch when that option is installed. I then ran a wire from the output of the switch to the rear of the machine where my rear light is mounted. It's a good time to do this while the floor is off.

I mounted all of my winch electrical inside the plastic toolbox and drilled holes in the corner of the box to run the cables from the contactor to the winch. I ran one cable from the battery all the way to the winch contactor. I installed a master disconnect next to the battery to kill power when not in use. I grounded the contactor to one of the toolbox mounting bracket bolts. I have a 4ft wiring harness on my rocker switch and just open the toolbox and then hold the rocker switch in my hand when in use.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts