Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're wanting to add several methods to protect our 5075E (2014ish). We'll have lots and lots of other methods in place, but, does anyone know the specific wiring on the key ignition that we could add another switch to? On older cars, there are several options including power to the ignition/coil/etc... as well as the one to the starter solenoid, etc...

Any ideas, or where I can find the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'll take a look. I'm struggling with how to look at the full image, it's just the smaller/blurry version. And I'm new to the forums. How do I get/see/etc... the original?

·
Super Moderator
3,495 Posts
Yeah, it is blurry. Hosspuller, can you post it as an pdf, or try to screenshot it again?

·
Registered
568 Posts
How do I get a single page out of a massive pdf ? I only have Adobe reader.

Also OP ... which transmission do you have ? It's different between TSS and PR

·
Super Moderator
3,495 Posts
I use an Android app called Xodo that I can export selected pages, and it makes a new pdf. Maybe the Adobe you have can do similar?

·
Administrator
20,322 Posts
I have a full version of Adobe to extract pages, it's very helpful.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sounds like you want to add some security to your tractor.

If you want to get tricky, you can run a wire to two simple momentary switches in series to energise a latching relay (mechanical or solid state) that enables the regular key switch. Energize both switches at the same time to latch the relay on so the key switch will work. When you turn the key switch make it so the relay unlatches. Make the two switches look different (say rocker and push button) and in slightly different places. Give them interesting misleadiing labels, or none at all.
I'll leave the wiring details up to you.
Oh, leave a note in your will so they can make it run to sell it if needed.

I've been told I have an evil mind. I said thank you.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you have a Mac, the included preview app will let you drag a single page to a new PDF.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Install a battery disconnect switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hehe, lots of great replies, thanks all! On modern Windows computers (if you're not on a mac) usually you can print to PDF, select the page number and save just that.

For the transmission, I don't know TSS or PR, but, I think it's the plain, no shuttle, 3 on the left 3+R on the right? (don't even have it yet)

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
Install a battery disconnect switch.
That was going to be my response as well. I typically put these on everything. Not only is it a deterrent but when you’re working on it it’s very easy to kill all the power and once they get to be a many years old it eliminates a wire that rubs through or a stick jammed into from taking out the whole shed.

1 tip, it is better if you can reach it from the seat. My bobcat has it on the rear and many many times I get in it just to crawl back out and go flip the switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP: You have a TSS transmission. (Top Shaft Synchronized)

Try this...
PERFECT! Thank you!

I watched a video where someone switched the ignition circuit instead of the starter, so that they'd think they were making progress when they weren't. Not sure what we'll do, but, this really, really helps!

And thanks for the clarification on the TSS transmission.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That was going to be my response as well. I typically put these on everything. Not only is it a deterrent but when you’re working on it it’s very easy to kill all the power and once they get to be a many years old it eliminates a wire that rubs through or a stick jammed into from taking out the whole shed.

1 tip, it is better if you can reach it from the seat. My bobcat has it on the rear and many many times I get in it just to crawl back out and go flip the switch.
Yes, I'm going to do this as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We're wanting to add several methods to protect our 5075E (2014ish). We'll have lots and lots of other methods in place, but, does anyone know the specific wiring on the key ignition that we could add another switch to? On older cars, there are several options including power to the ignition/coil/etc... as well as the one to the starter solenoid, etc...

Any ideas, or where I can find the wiring diagram?
This might work for you;
Unisteer Performance 8070060 Unisteer Battery Disconnect Switches | Summit Racing

·
Premium Member
12,029 Posts
If I can get to the two terminals on the back side of that switch, I can drive off with your tractor in a minute or two.

Most thieves will not go that far though. They want fast and easy.

I would consider interrupting the PTO safety circuit in some obscure way. All you would need is a simple SPST switch in some hidden place.

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
If I can get to the two terminals on the back side of that switch, I can drive off with your tractor in a minute or two.
No doubt, same with the style I use that doesn't have a key. But I run on your theory, they are not going to take the time to investigate it or understand it. The ones that are dumb enough to steal but smart enough to know what they are doing, if they want it they are going to get it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts